Calling all scoundrels, rogues and ne’er-do-wells – Captain Jack and the crew of the Black Pearl want you.
The Pearl has dropped anchor in Adventureland at Magic Kingdom for The Pirates League, recruiting and training Walt Disney World guests of all ages in the scurrilous ways of buccaneers. Location is between the “Pirates of the Caribbean” ride and the gift shop.
How Does It Work?
For the First Mate and Empress packages, each guest checking in at the plunder-filled pirate’s lair signs the guest book and then gets an official pirate name. The name is chosen by rolling dice in a box and looking up the corresponding numbers in a code book. Then it’s off to a center station to decide on a pirate look, and finally to a muster station for the makeover. Hear the ways of the scurvy sea dogs as they apply yer buccaneer beard, scars, earrings and eye patches. Or even be ye a boney pirate and wear your skeleton on yer skin! After the new buccaneers recite a sacred pirate oath, they are officially part of Captain Jack’s motley crew, leaving their old identities behind.
Past a hidden portal and into the secret treasure room, the shipmates can have their “pirate portrait” taken (for an extra free) before being turned loose on an unsuspecting Adventureland – and no doubt feeling right at home at the Pirates of the Caribbean attraction.
- First Mate Package: Choice of 5 Facial Effects (Ghosted Pirate, Zombie, Captain Hook, Blackbeard or Black Eyed Jack), Reversible Bandanna, Earring & Eye Patch, Sword & Sheath, Temporary Tattoo, The Pirates League bag, Unique Pirate Coin Necklace, Pirate’s key, Personalized Pirate Oath, Official Pirate Name, and, you get to participate in an Adventureland Pirate Parade. Cost: $44.95, plus tax
- Empress Package: Choice of 5 Facial Effects, Reversible Bandanna, Earring & Eye Patch, Sword & Sheath, Temporary Tattoo, The Pirates League bag, Unique Pirate Coin Necklace, Pirate’s Key, Personalized Pirate Oath, Official Pirate Name, vibrant and bold makeup, nail polish, and a face gem, and, you get to participate in an Adventureland Pirate Parade. Cost: $44.95, plus tax
- Mermaid Package: Luminous mermaid makeup and makeup palette, Hairstyle and color-changing hair clip, Distinctive color changing mermaid necklace, Nail polish, Mermaid sash, and, you get to participate in an Adventureland Pirate Parade. Cost: $44.95, plus tax
- Mermaid Deluxe Package: Luminous mermaid makeup and makeup palette, Hairstyle and color-changing hair clip, Distinctive color changing mermaid necklace, Nail polish, Mermaid sash, plus, a special mermaid costume (youth sizes only)! And, you get to participate in an Adventureland Pirate Parade. Cost: $84.95, plus tax
- Skulls & Scurry Package: Sword and sheath (The Pirates League logo sash), Unique pirate coin necklace, “Scar” facial effect. Cost: $18.95, plus tax
- Scurry Glam Package: Sword and sheath (The Pirates League logo sash), Unique pirate coin necklace, Glam makeup, lip gloss and face gem. Cost: $24.95, plus tax
A selection of costumes for both kids and adults are available for purchase for an additional price in sizes from kids to XXL adult.
What You Need to Know Before Arriving
The Pirate in training needs to arrive at least 15 minutes prior to appointment. Requirements are:
- Arrive with brushed, clean hair. Pirate in training must bring her own comb or hairbrush, and be free of scalp conditions for at least 30 days.
- Clean fingernails (no polish) with washed hands (for packages including nails)
- Children must be accompanied by an adult at least 18 years of age or older during the entire experience.
- Pirate Parade-weather permitting.
If you arrive late, you may not be accommodated. This experience must be guaranteed with your credit card for advance reservations.
All of the Other Details
Reserving: Boys, girls and grownups ready for the pirate life can start the process by calling 407/WDW-CREW for reservations up to 180 days in advance. You can also now book online appointments. With a new online reservation system Guests now have the ability to search for available dates, schedule appointments, or make cancellations to existing appointments. Reservations are strongly recommended. Guests must be at least 3 years of age. The last reservations will be taken at 3:30 p.m. A valid accepted credit card number is required at time of booking. Pay for your Pirate League package upon arrival. Cash, credit card and Walt Disney World Resort room key with charging privileges are accepted.
Cancellation Policy: Your credit card was used as a guarantee this event. If you need to cancel, you must notify Disney at least 24 hours in advance. A $10 cancellation fee will be applied to your credit card for all no-shows or if reservation is canceled within 24 hours of experience.
Hours: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily
Location and Transportation: Located in Adventureland, near the entrance to Pirates of the Caribbean, in the Magic Kingdom. Theme park admission is required. Allow up to one hour transportation from your resort to the Magic Kingdom.
- Extra costume items and accessories are available for purchase.
- Mention if you have allergies to cosmetic products but most makeup is hypoallergenic. Makeup can be removed with soap and water, but tattoos usually last a few days to a week.
- For a fun activity after your makeover, consider taking the Pirates and Pals cruise.
- Be sure to return for the little pirate parade the staff runs. Ya just might be gettin’ more loot matey!If a makeover at the Pirates League is more than you want to spend, Face Painting Stations in the Disney parks almost all offer a Pirate face for under $15.
- Looking for a different sort of makeover? Stop by the Harmony Barber Shop for a pixie-dusted haircut or the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique for the ultimate princess makeover.
Special thanks to Linda Norton of The Magic For Less Travel for the Pirates League photos