Happily Ever After is the newest fireworks spectacular at the Magic Kingdom. This show replaced Wishes, and made its debut on Friday night, May 12, 2017.
Happily Ever After is a nighttime spectacular centered around Cinderella Castle on Main Street USA. This show features fireworks, lasers, and the latest in projection mapping technology. Projections and lasers help to tell a story on the face of Cinderella Castle, turning it into a giant, beautiful screen. These projections are animations created by some of the same animators who make the beautiful Disney movies we know and love. The show also features a musical score with contemporary versions of popular Disney songs, and a brand new song created just for Happily Ever After. On top of all of this, are the unforgettable fireworks that light up the night sky! Happily Ever After closes out the day at the Magic Kingdom along with other nighttime entertainment like the Once Upon A Time projection show. Be sure to experience these performances on your visit to the Magic Kingdom.
Show Duration: 18 minutes
Check MyDisneyExperience or a times guide for daily showtimes.
Movies featured in Happily Ever After include:
Big Hero Six
The Hunchback of Notre Dame
The Lion King
The Little Mermaid
The Princess and the Frog
Guests can become a part of the show with the Made With Magic merchandise! These special items glow different colors to match different nighttime spectaculars at Walt Disney World.
Main Street USA
- Most guests watch Happily Ever After from Main Street USA in front of Cinderella Castle. This location centers the castle around the fireworks and provides an excellent view of the projections and lighting effects. Some guests grab a spot an hour before the performance, while others will simply walk up as it is time for the show to begin. To get a spot in the popular grass section of the hub it is likely that you will have to get to that location early. If your intention is to be able to get out of the park quickly after Happily Ever After, then it is best to head towards the train station for your viewing location, just be aware that the lights on this end of Main Street are not turned off during the fireworks.
Locations outside of Magic Kingdom
- Happily Ever After can not only be viewed inside the Magic Kingdom, but also outside the park. For guests who do not have park tickets for the day this is an excellent opportunity to take advantage of watching the nighttime fireworks without a park ticket. Happily Ever After can be viewed from the beaches of the Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort and Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort. The show can be seen from the Ticket and Transportation Center as well; if you are able to time it perfectly you can view Happily Ever After while on the Ferryboat between the Ticket and Transportation Center and the Magic Kingdom. Another popular option is to view Happily Ever After from California Grill or ‘Ohana. By making a dining reservation at one of these locations, you can view the fireworks from the restaurant. The only caveat about viewing the show from outside the park is that most of the lighting effects and projections on and around Cinderella Castle will not be clearly seen, however, fireworks can be seen from all of these locations.
Premium and Private Viewing
- Disney also offers packages for guests who wish to view Happily Ever After. There is The Happily Ever After Dessert Party in which guests can enjoy special desserts before watching the show from a reserved viewing area.
- Guests can also experience the fireworks by taking part in the Celebration at the Top dining event.
- The FerryTale Fireworks: A Sparkling Dessert Party allows Guests to board a ferry boat and watch the fireworks while enjoying a sampling of desserts and beverages.
Happily Ever After Fun Facts
- Happily Ever After replaced the nighttime spectacular, Wishes, after 14 years of nightly performances.
- Happily Ever After debuted May 12, 2017.
- The show features more lighting and projection effects than any other fireworks show the Magic Kingdom has ever had before.