Early Theme Park Entry
The Extra Magic Hours benefit for resort guests was suspended when the parks reopened in the summer of 2020. However, as a part of the Walt Disney World 50th anniversary celebration, a new way for resort guests to visit the parks will be introduced – Early Park Entry.
Who is eligible for Early Park Entry?
Guests staying at Walt Disney World resort and guests of select other resorts. As of now, we don’t have confirmation of what those select other resorts will include. Valid theme park admission is required in order to enter the park.
Which parks are included?
All of them! Each day, Magic Kingdom, Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Epcot and Disney’s Animal Kingdom all open 30 minutes before published park opening for resort guests to enjoy the magic early.
What Attractions in Each Park are Available?
Guests who visit the theme parks during the early hours will be able to experience select attractions, as well as have access to merchandise and food and beverage locations that will be open.
Here are the attractions that can be experienced:
- “it’s a small world”
- Astro Orbiter
- Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant
- Mad Tea Party
- Mickey’s PhilharMagic
- Peter Pan’s Flight
- Prince Charming Regal Carrousel
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
- Space Mountain
- The Barnstormer
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- Tomorrowland Speedway
- Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover
- Under the Sea ~ Journey of The Little Mermaid
- Walt Disney’s Carousel of Progress
- Beauty and The Beast Sing-Along
- Frozen Ever After
- Mission: SPACE
- Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure
- Soarin’ Around the World
- Spaceship Earth
- Test Track
- The Seas with Nemo & Friends
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Alien Swirling Saucers
- Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway
- Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run
- Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith
- Slinky Dog Dash
- Star Tours – The Adventures Continue
- Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance
- The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
- Toy Story Mania!
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Avatar Flight of Passage
- Expedition Everest – Legend of the Forbidden Mountain
- It’s Tough to be a Bug!
- Na’vi River Journey
- TriceraTop Spin
When will Early Park Entry start?
Early Park Entry has begun as part of the 50th anniversary celebration.
Who Can Take Advantage of Early Park Entry?
The list of hotels offering this perk include:
- Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort
- Disney’s All-Star Music Resort
- Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort
- Disney’s Art of Animation Resort
- Disney’s Pop Century Resort
- The Campsites at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort
- Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
- Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
- Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter
- Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside
- The Cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Disney’s Beach Club Resort
- Disney’s BoardWalk Inn
- Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
- Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Disney’s Yacht Club Resort
- Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Jambo House
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village
- Disney’s Beach Club Villas
- Disney’s BoardWalk Villas
- Disney’s Old Key West Resort
- Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows
- Disney’s Riviera Resort
- Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
- The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- Walt Disney World Dolphin Hotel
- Walt Disney World Swan Hotel
- Walt Disney World Swan Reserve
- Shades of Green
- Signia by Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek
- Waldorf Astoria Orlando
- B Resort & Spa Lake Buena Vista
- DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Orlando
- Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace
- Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista
- Holiday Inn Orlando
- Wyndham Garden Lake Buena Vista
- Wyndham Lake Buena Vista
- Four Seasons Resort Orlando
Will Early Park Entry replace Extra Magic Hours?
Yes. Extra Magic Hours have not been offered since the parks reopened in Summer 2020. This benefit will replace Extra Magic Hours.
Why is this changing?
The new system, which offers early admission to each of the four theme parks each day, better spreads guests out among the parks. Plus, guests have the added flexibility of using this benefit at the theme park of their choosing. Valid theme park admission is required. At this time, a theme park reservation for the park is also required prior to entry. Theme park reservations can be made on the My Disney Experience app for guests with valid theme park admission.
What Else Do I Need to Know?
For those wishing to take advantage of Early Theme Park Entry, Guests will need valid admission and a park reservation made via the Disney Park Pass system to enter a theme park. To enter the park each morning, Guests must also have a MagicBand, Key to the World Card or Disney MagicMobile pass. Those Guests without the Park Hopper Option or Park Hopper Plus Option must spend the day at the same park where they use their Early Theme Park Entry.