With guests who use Memory Maker, the whole family can be included in the picture and photos can be accessed digitally! Guests will be able to prepay for up to 30 days worth of unlimited photos ahead of time. With this service, guests are able to get not only all of their PhotoPass photos, but they’ll also get any attraction and dining photos that are taken at the Walt Disney World Resort. And get this…the photos are all available to download digitally. Forget about having to purchase each photo individually—with Memory Maker, you can get digital copies of them all. As an added bonus, Memory Maker can be purchased in advance of your trip at a savings, either separately OR as part of a Disney Vacation Package.
What is Disney PhotoPass?
Disney PhotoPass photographically captures your magical experiences throughout your Disney vacation. It is a completely complementary service that allows guests to catch those special vacation moments they want to remember for a lifetime.
- First, you’ll need to locate a PhotoPass Photographer. They are pretty easy to spot, as they will be carrying professional camera equipment and usually can be found wearing a tan vest with two large front pockets (on Main Street look for blue and white pinstripe shirts). Guests will be able to find them throughout Walt Disney World Resort’s four theme parks, water parks, Downtown Disney, at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, as well as a few other locations. PhotoPass photographers are also located at both Disneyland parks.
- Guests will have a couple of options available to them when they get their photos taken. One option will be that guests can use their MagicBand. The Disney PhotoPass photographer will simply scan the Mickey logo on your band and your photos will be linked to your account. The other option is that guests will be given a PhotoPass card. This plastic card is free will include a unique 16 digit barcode. The PhotoPass photographer will scan that each time they take your photo and then hand it to you. Any time you get your photo taken by a Disney’s PhotoPass photographer, you will need to get either the MagicBand or the PhotoPass card scanned.
- With Disney’s PhotoPass, you are under no financial obligation to purchase the photos the photographers take. Even if you don’t purchase any photos after your vacation, you can still share them online with friends and family for up to 30 days.
- If you receive a PhotoPass card, make sure to keep it card safe and accessible at all times during your stay because you will need to present your card to the Disney Photographer each time a photo is taken.
Wanting a little more than just a family photo? Ask your photographer about Magic Shots and have one of your Disney favorites join the picture! Magic Shots are available throughout Disney’s theme parks and resorts. You can add memorable characters to your photo like Tinker Bell and Stitch, or sweet treats such as giant ice cream cones!
Magic Shots are unlimited, though you’ll want to keep them all! Disney’s PhotoPass Memory Maker is a great way to go to get the best deal.
Walt Disney World has rolled out a brand new way of making photo memories with its Memory Maker package. The Memory Maker allows you to capture more memories than ever before and preserves those special moments that happen while you are on vacation for you. Utilizing Memory Maker will give you the ability to relax and simply enjoy the fun of being on vacation with your family and friends.
As a part of the MyMagic+ system, this new package will allow guests to collect, view, download, and share all of their Walt Disney World vacation photos that are linked to My Disney Experience. This system contains the exact same access to photographs that was once available with Disney PhotoPass+. The main difference between the two is that this Memory Maker is 100% digital. Guests who purchase Memory Maker will be able to enjoy unlimited downloads of digital photos that were taken during their stay at the Walt Disney World Resort. No longer will you have to purchase each photo individually! You can easily relive all your memories, as well as have the ability to share them with family and friends.
The pre-purchase cost of the Memory Maker is $169 – a savings of $20. (Purchasing the new service at select merchandise locations around Walt Disney World will cost $199) Once Memory Maker is purchased, you will be able to obtain any photos taken by PhotoPass Photographers, as well as some candid shots, dining location photos, and attraction photos.
PLUS, there is now a Memory Maker One Day product. For $59, this offers the benefits of the Memory Maker for just one day of your visit. This product is available for purchase only through the My Disney Experience mobile app. Memory Maker One Day can be purchased during or after your vacation and only if there are Disney PhotoPass photos present in your account.
Here is a video that explains in detail what Memory Maker offers.
- Link Memory Maker to your My Disney Experience account. If you pre-purchased it online, it may have been linked automatically.
- Add people to your Family & Friends list. This will enable you to be able to view, as well as download any of their photos too.
- Get photos taken at any of the of Disney PhotoPass locations, as well as at select attraction and dining locations throughout Walt Disney World Resort. Each photo will need to be linked to your My Disney Experience account through your MagicBand, Memory Maker card, park admission ticket, or Disney PhotoPass Card by touching card or band to a device the photographer uses. On-ride attraction photos will be able to be added at the counter where they can currently be viewed.
- View and download your photos. Guests will be able to download any photos they want as soon as they are available in their My Disney Experience account. In addition, photos can be downloaded as many times as you would like. Keep in mind that once you download the first photo, which essentially redeems your Memory Maker purchase, you will have 30 days in which to capture more photos. (This includes adding any photos you would like to have from the Friends and Family you are connected with via My Disney Experience.) PhotoPass photos will remain in your account for 45 days after they are taken. An extension can be purchased on the Disney PhotoPass website. This extension is good for an extra 15 days, thereby allowing you to have access to your photos for 60 days from the date the photos are taken.
You will still be able to make your edits, add borders, etc to your photos before you download them.
There are several ways to purchase Memory Maker, including:
- Online or over the phone prior to arriving at the Walt Disney World Resort, either as a standalone product or as part of a vacation package.
- Prior to arriving onsite, from approved Walt Disney World ticket sellers.
- At select merchandise and Disney PhotoPass sales locations at theme parks and Downtown Disney, as well as at Walt Disney World Resort
If you do pre-purchase the Memory Maker package, any photos taken within a three day window from the date Memory Maker is purchased will not be included in your My Disney Experience account. This means that any photo taken outside your Memory Maker window must be purchased separately. Also, the purchase of Memory Maker is non-refundable.
If you don’t want your family or friends you are connected with to be able to have access to your photos, you can restrict the access. Photo sharing is set one person at a time, so you will be able to control who’s able to view the images that are linked to your My Disney Experience account. One thing to note is that anyone you allow access to view your photos will also be able to purchase any of the products offered by Disney PhotoPass using your Disney PhotoPass photos. You can restrict others from viewing the photos in your account, by setting up photo sharing permissions using the Family & Friends page that’s located in your profile.
This new system replaced the Disney PhotoPass+ system on December 6. The difference between Disney’s PhotoPass and Memory Maker is that Memory Maker is 100 percent digital and allows unlimited downloads during and after the Guest’s stay (within 45 days from when the photos were taken) where as with Disney PhotoPass+, it was a one-time post-stay download. Guests who have already pre-purchased Disney PhotoPass+ will have the option of keeping that product or returning it and purchasing MyMagic+ Memory Maker.
- Space Mountain
- Splash Mountain
- Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
- The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
- Rock ‘n Roller Coaster
- Expedition Everest
- Test Track
- Photos captured during Enchanted Tales with Belle and Jedi Training Academy
- When you visit Pirate’s League at the Walt Disney World Resort you will receive your photo Print Package for no additional charge when you present your Disney PhotoPass+ card.
- Photos captured during a Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique transformation will be scanned to your Disney Memory Maker card for no additional charge. Please note that you will not receive prints but your Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique images will be included in your My Disney Experience app.
- Pictures for Photo Booth locations throughout the Walt Disney World resort. Currently, these include locations on the Boardwalk, at the exit to Space Mountain in the Magic Kingdom, in Dinoland at Disney’s Animal Kingdom, and in the Imagination pavilion in Epcot.
- Photos at the PhotoPass Studio in Disney Springs.
Participating Character Dining Locations:
* Indicates these dining locations already include photo package as part of their inclusive price
For more information on how the Disney PhotoPass service works, visit our PhotoPass page.