During Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run, Guests will be able to climb into the cockpit and take control of the famous ship.
Millennium Falcon: Smuggler’s Run Ride Information
Opening Day: August 29, 2019
Type of Ride: Flight Simulator
Age Recommendation: School-age children, Teens, and Adults
Duration of Ride: 5 minutes
Typical Queue Time: Usually upwards of an hour
Single Rider Line: Yes
Chicken Exit Available: Yes
Baby Swap Available: Yes
Type of Vehicle: The Millennium Falcon
Type of Restraint: Lap Belt
Attraction Open During Early Theme Park Entry: Yes. See our Early Theme Park Entry page for more information.
Ride Photo Available For Purchase: no
Height Requirements: 38 inches
Flash Photography or Video Allowed: No
- Guests must transfer from wheelchair
- Audio Description
- Handheld Captioning
- Assistive Listening
- Service animals not permitted
Guest Policies: Children under age 7 years must be accompanied by a person age 14 years or older.
Shopping: Visit Savi’s Workshop or the Droid Depot for the premier shopping in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge. You can also choose a side and gear up at either First Order Cargo or Resistance Supply. For Star Wars related merchandise in general, check out Tatooine Traders near Star Tours.
Restroom: Facilities are located near both connections from Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge to the rest of Hollywood Studios, one on the Grand Avenue side near the Creature Stall, and one near the Droid Depot on the Toy Story Land side.
Smoking Location: Smoking is permitted in designated smoking areas only. Disney parks are smoke free.
Did you know?
- The people of Black Spire Outpost will react to your team’s performance and how well you flew.
- According to Disney, this attraction is the first time a full size, complete Millennium Falcon has ever been built.
- Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge was first announced on August 15, 2015 at the D23 Expo.
- While in line for the ride, Guests will actually believe that they are boarding the Millennium Falcon. As you enter the maintenance bay, you pass Ohnaka’s Transport Solutions. Guests will climb gantries through a working shipping and machine shop, all while getting views of the Falcon from every angle.
- The plot of Smuggler’s Run involves helping space pirate leader Hondo Ohnaka. Hondo has bargained with Chewbacca to use the Millennium Falcon to smuggle goods, but he needs a flight crew, which you will be a part of.
Check out the roof of the cockpit, just above the pilot and gunner seats.
Sponsored Ad: Learn more about Hidden Mickey details and location throughout Walt Disney World in A Field Guide to Walt Disney World’s Best Kept Secrets .
Top 5 Tips for Millennium Falcon: Smuggler’s Run
- All of the buttons and switches in the cockpit do something, so check them out, but pay attention to your role!
- Solo tourists should consider utilizing the single rider line for Smuggler’s Run.
- Guests at Walt Disney World’s onsite hotels can enjoy shorter waits for Millennium Falcon: Smuggler’s Run during Early Theme Park Entry.
- Each of the assigned roles has different duties and position, so ride multiple times to get a feel for all of them.
- There are supposed to be at least three different missions, so keep on riding to make sure you don’t miss any of them!