On Slinky Dog Dash, guests, having shrunken down to toy size to enter Toy Story Land, ride cars themed after the Slinky Dog toy along the track of a Mega Coaster Play Kit. Take off on a family-friendly coaster as Slinky Dog’s coils twist around curves, hills and drops.
Opening Day: June 30, 2018
Type of Ride: Roller coaster
Age Recommendation: All ages
Duration of Ride: To be determined
Typical Queue Time: Very long; probably well over an hour
Single Rider Line: No
FastPass+: Yes, visit our FastPass+ Guide for more information on FastPass+.
Chicken Exit Available: Yes
Baby Swap Available: Yes
Type of Vehicle: Roller coaster car
Type of Restraint: Type to be determined
Attraction Open During EMH: Yes; both morning and evening. See our Extra Magic Hours page for more information.
Ride Photo Available For Purchase: No
Height Requirements: 38 inches
Flash Photography or Video Allowed: No
Shopping: A variety of Toy Story-based merchandise can be purchased nearby at “Toy Story Dept.”
Dining/Refreshment: Guests can enjoy breakfast, lunch, and dinner at Woody’s Lunch Box. This counter service establishment offers an assortment of sandwiches and specialty beverages, including a grilled version of the famed Monte Cristo sandwich from Disneyland Park’s Blue Bayou Restaurant.
Restroom: Facilities convenient to Slinky Dog Dash are situated near Toy Story Mania.
Smoking Location: Smoking is permitted in designated smoking areas only. Disney’s Hollywood Studios smoking areas can be found on our Walt Disney World Designated Smoking Areas page.
Did you know?
- Slinky Dog Dash, in addition to Toy Story Land generally, was first announced at the 2015 “D23” Disney fan convention in Anaheim.
- Slinky Dog Dash, like the rest of Toy Story Land, is based on Pixar’s Toy Story franchise. As of 2018, three feature-length Toy Story films, Toy Story (1995), Toy Story 2 (1999), and Toy Story 3 (2010), have been released. A fourth Toy Story movie is scheduled for theatrical release in 2019.
- Slinky Dog Dash is one of three attractions in Toy Story Land; Alien Swirling Saucers and Toy Story Midway Mania are the other two. Slinky Dog Dash and Alien Swirling Saucers are new attractions, while Toy Story Midway Mania, which formerly resided in the park’s “Pixar Place” section, debuted at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in 2008.
- Slinky Dog Dash is the second roller coaster attraction at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, following Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith, which debuted in 1999. Slinky Dog Dash is the more family-friendly coaster.
- Slinky Dog Dash is the eighth roller coaster in the history of Walt Disney World, following the Magic Kingdom’s Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Barnstormer, and Seven Dwarfs Mine Train; Disney’s Hollywood Studios’ Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster; and the Animal Kingdom’s Primeval Whirl and Expedition Everest.
- Slinky Dog Dash is one of two roller coaster attractions among Disney’s four Toy Story Lands worldwide, the other being the “RC Racer” boomerang coaster, which exists in similar forms at Walt Disney Studios Park Paris, Hong Kong Disneyland Park, and Shanghai Disneyland Park.
- Slinky Dog Dash is one of two attractions among Disney’s four Toy Story Lands worldwide to star Slinky Dog, the “Slinky Dog Spin” caterpillar ride being the other. Slinky Dog Spin is located at the Toy Story Lands in Paris, Hong Kong, and Shanghai.
- Slinky Dog Dash features curves, hills, bridges, and drops. Statues of Jessie the cowgirl and Rex the dinosaur are situated adjacent to the coaster.
- Prior to the opening of Toy Story Land, guests at Disney’s Hollywood Studios shrunk on the “Honey, I Shrunk the Kids: Movie Set Adventure,” a playground that operated from 1990 to 2016, when it closed to prepare for the construction of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.
Top 5 Tips for Slinky Dog Dash
- Consider watching the Toy Story films prior to your visit such as to better appreciate this attraction.
- Roller coaster fans should make FastPass+ reservations for Slinky Dog Dash and Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster.
- If your child cannot handle Slinky Dog Dash, he or she should probably avoid Disney’s Hollywood Studios’ other thrill rides, including Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster and the Tower of Terror.
- Note the length of Slinky Dog Dash’s track.
- Take some photos of the coaster and the surrounding environments.