The Resistance needs your help! Hidden in the forest outside Black Spire Outpost, the Resistance is gathering recruits for a secret mission.
With the First Order desperate to extinguish the spark of the Resistance, the mission is bound to have unexpected twists and turns. When your transport is captured by an imposing First Order Star Destroyer filled with legions of stormtroopers—and even Kylo Ren!—you’re going to need all the help you can get. Fortunately, a covert team of Resistance fighters—including Rey and BB-8—is at the ready to give you a fighting chance to escape… and a chance for the Resistance to rise.
Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Ride Information
Opening Day: December 5, 2019
Type of Ride: Multiple modes – immersive
Age Recommendation: Kids, Teens, and Adults
Duration of Ride: 18 minutes
Typical Queue Time: Virtual queue in effect as of opening.
Single Rider Line: Not as of opening
FastPass+: Currently, no. Visit our FastPass+ Guide for more information on FastPass+.
Chicken Exit Available: Yes
Baby Swap Available: Yes
Type of Vehicle: Multiple
Type of Restraint: Multiple
Attraction Open During EMH: Not as of opening. See our Extra Magic Hours page for more information.
Ride Photo Available For Purchase: no
Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Ride Restrictions
Height Requirements: 40 inches
Flash Photography or Video Allowed: No
Shopping: The premier shopping in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge will be Savi’s Workshop and the Droid Depot. You can also choose a side and gear up at either First Order Cargo or Resistance Supply. For Star Wars related merchandise in general, check out Tatooine Traders near Star Tours.
Restroom: Facilities are located near both connections from Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge to the rest of Hollywood Studios, one on the Grand Avenue side near the Creature Stall, and one near the Droid Depot on the Toy Story Land side.
Smoking Location: Smoking is permitted in designated smoking areas only. Disney parks are smoke free.
Did you know?
- This attraction has been said to be unlike any theme park attraction ever built.
- The size of this attraction is huge, housing two full-size AT-AT walkers and a Star Destroyer hangar bay – complete with a TIE fighter and a garrison of Stormtroopers.
- Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge was first announced on August 15, 2015 at the D23 Expo.
Check back soon!
Sponsored Ad: Learn more about Hidden Mickey details and location throughout Walt Disney World in A Field Guide to Walt Disney World’s Best Kept Secrets .
Top 5 Tips for Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance
- Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, is anticipated to be one of the most popular attractions in all of Walt Disney World – arrive early for the best chance at short lines.
- When it opens, this attraction will not have FP+ or single rider, a virtual queue of “boarding groups” will be used. Arrive early to Disney’s Hollywood Studios to get your spot in a group.
- This attraction incorporates 4 different ride systems, so make sure the members of your party are comfortable with all of them.
- Since this is an immersive attraction, make sure you look all around throughout so you don’t miss anything.
- Plan to ride Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance early in your trip, so you can make plans to ride it again!