On Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway, guests are tagging along with Mickey and Minnie for a leisurely drive to their picnic spot, but it doesn’t stay leisurely for long! What follows is a family-friendly adventure where you get to enter the cartoon world.
Opening Day: March 4, 2020
Type of Ride: Dark Ride
Age Recommendation: All ages
Duration of Ride: 10 minutes
Typical Queue Time: Anticipated to be Very long at opening; probably well over an hour
Single Rider Line: No
FastPass+: Yes, visit our FastPass+ Guide for more information on FastPass+.
Chicken Exit Available: Yes
Baby Swap Available: Yes
Type of Vehicle: Train Passenger Car
Type of Restraint: Lap Bar
Attraction Open During EMH: Yes; both morning and evening. See our Extra Magic Hours page for more information.
Ride Photo Available For Purchase: No
Height Requirements: None
Flash Photography or Video Allowed: No
Shopping: Assorted goods and souvenirs can be purchased among the various shops, including “Mickey’s of Hollywood” and “Keystone Clothiers,” along Hollywood Boulevard.
Dining/Refreshment: Across the courtyard from Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway, lunch and dinner are served in an upscale, old time Hollywood setting at Hollywood Brown Derby. The house specialties at Hollywood Brown Derby are the Cobb Salad and the Grapefruit Cake, the latter made with yellow cake and grapefruit icing. Other options on the expansive menu include crab cakes, pork tenderloin, salmon, lamb, beef, and a noodle bowl.
Restroom: Facilities convenient to Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway are situated at the adjacent Hyperion Theater
Smoking Location: Smoking is permitted in designated smoking areas only. Disney parks are smoke free.
Did you know?
- Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway is housed in a replica of Hollywood’s famed TCL Chinese Theatre at the end of the park’s Hollywood Boulevard. From 2001, the celebration of Walt Disney’s one-hundredth birthday, through 2015, the building’s façade was blocked by a large Sorcerer Mickey’s Hat, which served as the park’s icon.
- Celebrity handprints, including those of Chevy Chase, Dick Clark, David Copperfield, Macaulay Culkin, Harrison Ford, Michael J. Fox, Annette Funicello, Bob Hope, Samuel L. Jackson, Billy Joel, George Lucas, Steve Martin, Bette Midler, Mary Tyler Moore, Rick Moranis, Pat Morita, Mickey and Minnie Mouse, Maureen O’Sullivan, Dick Van Dyke, and Robin Williams, are embedded in cement outside Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway.
- This is the first ride through attraction starring Mickey Mouse!
- Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway was first announced at the D23 Expo in 2017.
- In 2022 a replica of this attraction will open in Disneyland’s Toontown, inside the El Capitoon Theater.
Top 5 Tips for Slinky Dog Dash
- Consider watching the newer Mickey Mouse shorts prior to your visit such as to better appreciate this attraction (check them out at the Mickey Shorts Theater!).
- Guests with smaller children should make FastPass+ reservations for Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway in group one – it doesn’t have height restrictions.
- Audio Description and Handheld Captioning are both available – ask a Cast Member for assistance.
- The pre-show and queue area gets you ready for the story of the attraction – pay attention!
- Take some photos of the Chinese Theater and the new marquee for this attraction.