Star Tours – The Adventures Continue is a 3D motion simulator that takes guests on a lightspeed journey through the Star Wars universe. Guests enter the Starspeeder 1000 for a scenic tour courtesy of Star Tours. This tour is soon interrupted because of the presence of a spy for the Rebel Alliance. Guests are taken on a whirlwind tour of the Star Wars universe. You never know where you might go, as the attraction is randomized.
Guests may visit Coruscant, Naboo, or even the Death Star, in addition to other locations. You may even end up being chased by a bounty hunter like Boba Fett! On your Star Tours tour you will be piloted by C-3PO and R2-D2. In addition to these characters you may encounter Princess Leia, Admiral Ackbar, Darth Vader, Jar Jar Binks, Chewbacca, or any of a variety of other Star Wars characters. There are over 50 combinations of Star Tours adventures with scenes from all of the Star Wars films, even The Force Awakens. Star Tours can be ridden again and again with unique adventures nearly every time.
Opening Day: December 15, 1989
Type of Ride: Flight Simulator
Age Recommendation: School-age children, Teens, and Adults
Duration of Ride: 7 minutes
Typical Queue Time: Moderate to Long; 35 – 40 minutes on a typical day
Single Rider Line: No
Chicken Exit Available: Yes
Baby Swap Available: Yes
Type of Vehicle: Simulator
Type of Restraint: Lap Belt
Attraction Open During EMH: Yes, see our Extra Magic Hours page for more information.
Ride Photo Available For Purchase: No
Height Requirements: 40″
Flash Photography or Video Allowed: No
Shopping: Star Tours exits into Tattooine Traders, a Star Wars gift shop. Other Star Wars merchandise can be purchased at Launch Bay Cargo at the Star Wars Launch Bay.
Dining/Refreshment: The Backlot Express is next door to Star Tours.
Restroom: Restrooms are located across from the attraction, next to the Olaf meet and greet location.
Smoking Location: Smoking is permitted in designated smoking areas only. Disney parks are smoke free.
Star Tours – The Adventures Continues Fun Facts
Did You Know?
- Star Tours was closed and re-opened in May 2011 with new adventures and randomized scenes.
- In the queue, look to the left in the baggage check area. You can see the droid Rex, the pilot of the original Star Tours.
- Anthony Daniels, the original C-3PO continues his role in the attraction.
- If flight simulators make you nauseous, sit towards the middle of the attraction for a less aggressive ride.
- Star Tours was updated to include scenes from The Force Awakens, when the movie was released. It is expected that the ride will be updated with each Star Wars movie that is released.
- Look for a white Hidden Mickey on a tree trunk in the Ewok Village portion of the queue.
- In Tattooine Traders, the gift shop, look for a Hidden Mickey with bullet hole “ears” on a counter.
Sponsored Ad: Learn more about Hidden Mickey details and location throughout Walt Disney World in A Field Guide to Walt Disney World’s Best Kept Secrets .
Top 5 Tips for Star Tours – The Adventures Continue
- Sit in the middle of the simulator to avoid motion-sickness.
- Prepare in advance by watching a few Star Wars films.
- Pose for a photo on a speeder near the entrance of the attraction.
- Ride it again for different experiences!