In order to visit the Walt Disney World Resort, Guests are required to wear face coverings. All Guests (ages 2 and up) will need to wear some sort of mask. Guests should bring their own masks and they will need to be worn at all times, except when dining or swimming.
All face coverings (whether disposable or reusable) must:
- Be made with at least two layers of breathable material
- Fully cover the nose and mouth and secure under the chin
- Fit snugly but comfortably against the side of the face
- Be secured with ties or ear loops and allow the Guest to remain hands-free
Currently, at this time, based on guidance from health authorities, neck gaiters and open-chin triangle bandanas are not acceptable face coverings and will not be allowed as options for Guests to wear when visiting the Walt Disney World Resort. Also not allowed will be face masks containing valves, mesh material, or holes of any kind are also not acceptable. In addition, costume masks are also not considered appropriate and are prohibited from being worn.
In addition, the Walt Disney World Resort has closed a loophole where Guests did not have to wear a face mask while walking if they were consuming food or beverage items. More information about that can be found here.
Of course, while wearing a face covering is mandatory, the use of these kinds of masks are not a substitute for physical distancing. Also, keep in mind that this current mask policy can change at any time according to health guidelines.
Mouse For Less Tips
- Bring multiple masks for each member of your party, especially in the summer. With the heat, it may be helpful to have multiple face coverings just in case.
- Disney does sell face coverings in the parks, should something happen to yours.
- Make sure all members of your party are comfortable wearing a mask. For little ones, try to practice before heading down to the parks.
- Bring a plastic baggie to put your masks in while dining.
- Disney does have relaxation stations where Guests can take their face coverings off and relax, should they need to. These can be found in various places throughout the park. Should you need to utilize one, check with a Cast Member on where the nearest one is located.