The nightly fireworks in the parks are amazing, but sometimes guests find that it would be more convenient to watch the show from outside the parks. Whether a guest has small children that cannot take such long days, or is enjoying a day at Disney without park tickets this article lists some great tips for watching fireworks outside the parks. For more suggestions check out our page on Walt Disney World without a ticket.
Happily Ever After
There are many restaurants around the Seven Seas Lagoon outside of the Magic Kingdom that provide excellent viewing locations for the nightly fireworks show. These restaurants are often very sought after locations. Therefore, it is recommended that you make dining reservations 60 days in advance of the night you plan to dine. Some of these dining locations, California Grill in particular, allow any guest who has dined in the evening to come back and enjoy the fireworks from the restaurant, which is a great opportunity for those who would rather not eat so late in the evening.
- California Grill: The California Grill is an excellent place to view the fireworks from outside the Magic Kingdom. This restaurant is a signature dining establishment, which indicates great food and service, but also a higher price. This restaurant at the top of the Contemporary Resort, offers great views of the fireworks and even pipes in the music from the show. For an extra special viewing experience guest can book the Celebration at the Top experience.
- Ohana: Ohana is a restaurant at the Polynesian Village Resort that offers excellent views of the fireworks. This restaurant is lined with floor to ceiling windows. At this all-you-can-eat restaurant the music for the show is piped in and guests can enjoy the fireworks as they explode around Cinderella Castle.
- Narcoosee’s: This signature dining restaurant offers views of the fireworks from the Grand Floridian Resort. This restaurant is right on the waters of the Seven Seas Lagoon. Here the music for the fireworks is played in the restaurant.
Other Viewing Locations
The fireworks at the Magic Kingdom can be viewed from locations other than restaurants outside of the theme park. Here is a list of a few great locations to watch the fireworks outside the parks.
- Ticket and Transportation Center: The Ticket and Transportation Center is a transportation hub in Walt Disney World. In addition, it’s the location of the Magic Kingdom guest parking lot. Its location across the Seven Seas Lagoon from the Magic Kingdom makes it an excellent place for watching fireworks outside the parks.
- Beaches around the Seven Seas Lagoon: Both the Polynesian and Grand Floridian Resorts offer beaches with great views of the fireworks. A popular option is to get a dole whip from Pineapple Lanai at the Polynesian Resort and then enjoy the fireworks from the beach. These beaches may be reserved for guests of those resorts during holidays.
- The Ferryboat: If timed just right, it is possible to watch the fireworks from the ferryboat. It travels between the magic Kingdom and Ticket and Transportation Center. This is quite the Magical Moment. Simply climb to the second level on the Ferryboat and enjoy the show.
- Ferrytale Fireworks: A Sparkling Dessert Party: This unique but expensive option is a fantastic way to celebrate a special occasion. With this special treat, guests are able to watch Happily Ever After from their own private boat in the Seven Seas Lagoon.
While not as direct as those near the Magic Kingdom, there are still a few restaurants that provide views of the Epcot fireworks. These restaurants are often very sought after locations. So, it is recommended that you make dining reservations 60 days in advance of the night you plan to dine.
- Toledo: Toledo is located on the top floor of the Gran Destino Tower at Coronado Springs. From here, or the nearby Dahlia Lounge, guests can see the fireworks from Epcot. Also, any fireworks that might happen at Disney’s Hollywood Studios could be viewed here.
- Topolino’s Terrace: Located at the Riviera resort, Topolino’s Terrace provides a signature dining experience at dinner. The music for Epcot’s fireworks are piped in from the terrace. This vantage point offers a unique birds-eye view of the World Showcase Lagoon.
Other Viewing Locations
There are fewer viewing locations for Epcot Forever outside of Epcot, but there are still a few viable options.
- The Bridge between the Boardwalk and Beach Club Resorts: This bridge offers decent views of the fireworks. However, you may still miss a portion of the show. Watching fireworks outside the parks sometimes means sacrificing a perfect view.
- Various Places around the Beach and Yacht Club resorts: The view of Epcot Forever from these resorts will be limited to the highest fireworks.