Star Wars at the Walt Disney World Resort
Do you feel a disturbance? The Force is growing stronger at Walt Disney World. Experience Star Wars at the Walt Disney World Resort like never before.
There are many new additions of Star Wars-inspired entertainment that will be taking place at Disney’s Hollywood Studios designed to celebrate all things Star Wars.
Guests visiting will be able to experience the Star Wars Launch Bay, a central locale for fans to celebrate all things Star Wars; Star Wars: Path of the Jedi, a cinematic overview of the Star Wars saga; and cool, new enhancements for Star Tours – The Adventures Continue and Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple.
Additional Star Wars elements have also entered the galaxy such as First Order stormtroopers patrolling the area, Star Wars-inspired food and beverage offerings, plus a fireworks show.
These new special experience will allow guests, as well as Star Wars fans, the opportunity to transport themselves every day to a galaxy far, far away.
Star Wars Land What’s New Star Wars Launch Bay Star Tours: The Adventure Continues Jedi Training Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away Path of the Jedi March of the First Order Stormtrooper Patrols Star Wars: A Galactic Fireworks Spectacular Star Wars Food Star Wars Merchandise
Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge – Star Wars Themed Land at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
New lands created at both Disneyland in California and Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Walt Disney World will create new 14-acre lands. Guests will be transported to a whole new Star Wars planet called Galaxy’s Edge. Included in this new land will be two signature attractions, as well as restaurants, shopping and more.
One attraction is an adventure that puts you in the middle of a battle between the First Order and the Resistance, called Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.
The other gives Guests the ability to take the controls of the Millennium Falcon on a customized secret mission, called Millennium Falcon: Smuggler’s Run.
It was announced that the Star Wars-themed land will be opening at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in late fall 2019.
The Walt Disney World Resort shared details for Oga’s Cantina, a new lounge that will be serving Guests, when it opens in 2019 in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge. This stop will be run by an intriguing alien proprietor, Oga Garra and the cantina adheres to a strict code of conduct that tries to keep its unruly patrons in check. Patrons of the cantina come from across the galaxy to sample the famous concoctions created with exotic ingredients using “otherworldly” methods, served in unique vessels. With choices for kids and libations for adults, the cantina will make for a great stop! Musical entertainment at this cantina will be provided courtesy of RX-24, the former StarSpeeder 3000 pilot droid (who we first met in Star Tours). Oga’s Cantina opens its doors at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge in 2019.
- Star Wars: Secrets of the Empire Hyper Reality Experience is now available for Guests to experience at Disney Springs. Star Wars: Secrets of the Empire transports Guests deep into the beloved Star Wars universe allowing them to walk freely and untethered throughout the multi-sensory experience with friends and family. In groups of four, teams will go undercover as Stormtroopers to capture Imperial intelligence that is vital to the budding rebellion’s survival. The VOID requires all Guests to be at least 48” tall. They also suggest that Guests be at least 10 years old or older due to the weight of the gear and some intense content. Guests under 18 years old will have to have a parent or guardian sign the liability waiver.
- Attention Star Wars fans! Disney’s Hollywood Studios often holds the ultimate event to celebrate all things Star Wars. Star Wars: Galactic Nights is a family-friendly event that invites Guests to dress up as their favorite Star Wars character and take part in activities and experiences exclusive to this particular hard ticket event night. Guests who attend the event will be able to experience Star Wars like never before during this glitzy, Hollywood-inspired evening.
- A brand new Star Wars Guided Tour now takes place at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. This experience that include A Star Wars “all-in-the-know” tour guide, priority boarding for Star Tours – The Adventures Continue; an opportunity to participate in Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple (for guests age 4-12); an in-depth guided exploration of Star Wars Launch Bay, Screening of “Star Wars: Path of the Jedi”, dinner at a Backlot Express; a personalized souvenir and more. Priced from $92-$121 per person, tours are offered on Mondays and Saturdays. Reservations are now available to be made.
- Guests can now meet BB-8 at at Star Wars Launch Bay in the Animation Courtyard. BB-8 appears in addition to Kylo Ren and Chewbacca.
Star Wars Launch Bay
Located in Animation Courtyard, the Star Wars Launch Bay will be the primary location for fans to celebrate all things Star Wars. In this multi-sensory space Guests will enter a queue lined with special concept artwork where they can interact with beloved Star Wars characters, tour galleries featuring memorabilia and replicas of large-scale Star Wars artifacts, including ones from Star Wars: The Force Awakens, plus have the ability to special Star Wars merchandise. You’ll also now be able to see new props from Rogue One including a Shortrooper Blaster, Director Krennic’s Imperial Shuttle, a Death Star model, a U-wing gunship and more.
Special Character Encounters
After entering a themed atrium complete with replicas of Star Wars props, guests can choose the light side by stepping into a makeshift Rebel base and coming face to face with Star Wars characters such as Chewbacca or they can choose to to visit the dark side and encounter Kylo Ren on the bridge of his First Order Star Destroyer. Also, Guests can now meet BB8 at the Star Wars Launch Bay!
Launch Bay Theater
Guests will be able to hear directly from the creative minds behind the Star Wars saga in a short video that includes exclusive interviews with the directors, writers, producers and other key movie crew members who bring the saga to life.
This setting is a fun place to explore and take photos near elements of the cantina, such as a holochess table. Holochess is a game seen in Star Wars.
Special immersive galleries will be located throughout Star Wars Launch Bay.
- Celebration Gallery will feature iconic ships from throughout the Star Wars saga, such as the Rebel Alliance and the Imperial Navy fleet.
- Celebration Hallway will display large-scale replicas of Star Wars props and scenic murals.
- Preview Gallery will offer guests exclusive looks at replicas of props, artifacts and memorabilia from the latest movies in the saga, starting with Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Among the items that will be on display are costumes, ship models, droids and artwork.
Launch Bay Cargo
A unique shopping area where guests may purchase Star Wars merchandise, including original artwork and collector’s items.
Star Tours – The Adventures Continue
Immerse yourself in a special mission during your Star Wars at Walt Disney World experience. The attraction now features a new adventure and characters from Star Wars: The Force Awakens and Star Wars: The Last Jedi. Rides on Star Tours – The Adventures Continue are random, so you never know what you’re going to experience.
Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple
This popular show has been reimagined with new characters and a new villain to battle from Star Wars Rebels. During Jedi Training: Trails of the Temple, Guests will be guided to the site of a secret and ancient Jedi temple where they will face villains such as Darth Vader and the Seventh Sister Inquisitor from the popular Disney XD series Star Wars Rebels, to see if they are a true Jedi.
Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away
A live, stage show that takes place in the middle of Hollywood Boulevard at the Center Stage in front of The Chinese Theater. Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away celebrates iconic moments from the Star Wars saga via video projections with live vignettes featuring popular Star Wars characters, such as Kylo Ren, Chewbacca, Darth Vader, Darth Maul and more. The show takes place multiple times each day.
Star Wars: Path of The Jedi
Guests looking to relive the stories from the Star Wars saga or be introduced to the iconic characters, including ones from Star Wars: The Force Awakens, can watch an abridged film celebrating the Star Wars saga (episodes I-VII) the ABC Sound Studio near Echo Lake.
March of the First Order
At various times throughout the day, the menacing Captain Phasma leads a squad of First Order stormtroopers as they march in formation up Hollywood Boulevard to the Center Stage area in an intimidating demonstration of the First Order’s indomitable strength. Guests will be witness to a daunting demonstration of the First Order’s obedience.
Guests may come face to face with First Order Stormtroopers who will patrol various areas of the park, interacting with guests during their mission to find members of the Resistance.
“Star Wars: A Galactic Fireworks Spectacular’’
The Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular is an incredible finish to the theme park day involving a dazzling Star Wars-themed fireworks show set to memorable Star Wars music from throughout the saga.
Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party
For those looking to take the Star Wars experience up to the next level, tempt your sweet tooth with a special dessert party that’s out of this galaxy. Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party will include Star Wars-themed desserts (including the famous Darth Vader Cupcakes), a souvenir Chewbacca stein, and a selection of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, all with an up-close view of “Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular!” Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party can be booked by calling 407-939-3463 or visiting Disneyworld.com.
Star Wars Food
Guests will be able to enjoy various novelty items and specialty foods inspired by a galaxy far, far away, such as Dark Side Chicken and Waffles and specialty themed cupcakes at Backlot Express inside Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
Guests can also pick up themed souvenir popcorn buckets such as a Darth Vader Souvenir Bucket or a TIE Fighter Souvenir Bucket. There are also souvenir beverage containers, like the Chewbacca Souvenir Stein and the BB-8 Souvenir Stein. These can be picked up a various snack carts and other locations throughout Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
Star Wars Merchandise
Themed merchandise can be found at Tatooine Traders, Disney Springs (Once Upon a Toy, World of Disney and D-Street), Magic Kingdom (Emporium and Merchants of Venus), Epcot (MouseGear and Disney Traders), Animal Kingdom (Island Mercantile), and Disney’s Contemporary Resort (Bayview Gifts).
Guests who have a Chase Disney Visa will be able to feel the power of the Force at the Star Wars Imperial Meet ‘N’ Greet. This opportunity will be offered daily from 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at the Star Wars Launch Bay. To access the special meet opportunity, you’ll simply have to present your Disney Visa Credit Card to enter this exclusive location.