Not all Walt Disney World Theme Park and Resort Closures and Rehabs listed will appear on Disney’s official rehab calendar. For updated information on attraction closings, call 407-W-DISNEY (934-7639) just before your scheduled visit. Schedules below are meant as an informative rather than official guide and are gathered from several official and unofficial sources.
** All information is subject to change.**
- Hall of Presidents is closed until further notice.
- The Tomorrowland Transit Authority Peoplemover is currently closed for refurbishment with no known date for reopening.
- Tom Sawyer Island is currently closed, as work is being done. The area is closed until further notice.
- Liberty Square Riverboat is currently closed for refurbishment. This attraction is closed until further notice.
- The Walt Disney World Railroad is closed until further notice as work is done on the Tron Coaster. The Tron-themed attraction similar to the roller coaster found at Shanghai Disneyland is coming to Tomorrowland and will be located in a new area near Space Mountain. The Tron-themed attraction is expected to open by 2022.
- A number of shops, restaurants, and more are closed at Epcot. They include Electric Umbrella, Innoventions East, Fountain of Nations, Fountain View, Mouse Gear, Art of Disney, Club Cool, Camera Center, Pin Central, and Epcot Character Spot. More details can be found here.
- A new ride inspired by the film Ratatouille will be built in an all-new space in World Showcase’s France pavilion. The ride, called Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure, will take guests on a dazzling chase across a kitchen with the sights, sounds, and smells of Gusteau’s Parisian restaurant. This new attraction will open in 2021.
- Epcot will soon get a brand new E-ticket attraction within Future World based on the world of Guardians of the Galaxy. To make way for this new ride, Ellen’s Energy Adventure inside Universe of Energy closed on August 13, 2017. The new attraction should open by 2022.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- No official refurbishments have been announced.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Kali River Rapids will be closed for refurbishment through early April 2021.
- Primeval Whirl seems to have officially closed for good.
- Cirque du Soleil La Nouba has closed permanently. Cirque du Soleil and Walt Disney World are working together on a new project that will entertain many more Guests in the future. The new show will draw its inspiration from Disney’s heritage of animation. It will celebrate Disney’s legacy of storytelling in Cirque du Soleil’s signature way, with a tribute to the one-of-a-kind craftsmanship that makes Disney so extraordinary. The new show is expected to debut in 2021.
Disney Water Parks
Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon
- Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon is closed
Disney’s Blizzard Beach
- Disney’s Blizzard Beach is closed until March 7.
Disney’s Art of Animation Resort
- The Big Blue Pool will be closed for refurbishment from January 11, 2021 through early April 2021. While this work takes place, other pool and recreation offerings will remain open including Flippin’ Fins Pool, Cozy Cone Pool and the Schoolyard Sprayground.
Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- The Bay Cove Pool water play area at Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort is scheduled for refurbishment and will be temporarily unavailable through early February 2021.
Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
- Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort’s lobby is going through renovations. In addition the monorail station is currently closed. Both are impacted until summer 2021.
Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort
- The Paddock Pool waterslide at Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa will close for refurbishment beginning this winter. As part of this work, the bridge connecting The Paddock to other resort areas will also temporarily close. Guests can board the resort shuttle or follow posted signage for alternative routes around the lake while the bridge is under refurbishment. The Paddock Pool will remain open through the majority of this work. Additionally, Guests can enjoy the High Rocks Spring feature pool and waterslide, as well as two leisure pools at the resort.
Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser – Disney’s Star Wars Hotel
- Disney announced that they will be building an immersive Star Wars-themed hotel that will be the most experiential concept ever. The hotel will be dedicated entirely to the galaxy of Star Wars, and guests will have a one-of-a-kind experience where a luxury resort meets a multi-day adventure in a galaxy far, far away. Reservations for this resort will open later in 2021.