Not all Walt Disney World Theme Park and Resort Closures and Rehabs listed will appear on Disney’s official rehab calendar. For updated information on attraction closings, call 407-W-DISNEY (934-7639) just before your scheduled visit. Schedules below are meant as an informative rather than official guide and are gathered from several official and unofficial sources.
** All information is subject to change.**
- Hall of Presidents is closed until further notice.
- The Walt Disney World Railroad is closed until further notice as work is done on the Tron Coaster. The Tron-themed attraction similar to the roller coaster found at Shanghai Disneyland is coming to Tomorrowland and will be located in a new area near Space Mountain. The Tron-themed attraction is expected to open by 2022.
- Current attractions closed due to COVID are Enchanted Tales With Belle, Monsters Inc Laugh Floor, Frontierland Shootin’ Arcade, and Main Street Vehicles. In addition, all meet and greets have been suspended.
- A number of shops, restaurants, and more are closed at Epcot. They include Electric Umbrella, Innoventions East, Fountain of Nations, Fountain View, Mouse Gear, Art of Disney, Club Cool, Camera Center, Pin Central, and Epcot Character Spot. More details can be found here.
- A new ride inspired by the film Ratatouille will be built in an all-new space in World Showcase’s France pavilion. The ride, called Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure, will take guests on a dazzling chase across a kitchen with the sights, sounds, and smells of Gusteau’s Parisian restaurant. This new attraction will open October 1, 2021.
- Epcot will soon get a brand new E-ticket attraction within Future World based on the world of Guardians of the Galaxy. To make way for this new ride, Ellen’s Energy Adventure inside Universe of Energy closed on August 13, 2017. The new attraction should open by 2022.
- Current attractions closed due to COVID are Turtle Talk With Crush. In addition, all meet and greets have been suspended.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- No official refurbishments have been announced.
- Current attractions closed due to COVID are Star Wars Launch Bay. In addition, all meet and greets have been suspended.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Primeval Whirl seems to have officially closed for good.
- Current attractions closed due to COVID are The Boneyard. In addition, all meet and greets have been suspended.
- Cirque du Soleil La Nouba has closed permanently. Cirque du Soleil and Walt Disney World are working together on a new project that will entertain many more Guests in the future. The new show will draw its inspiration from Disney’s heritage of animation. It will celebrate Disney’s legacy of storytelling in Cirque du Soleil’s signature way, with a tribute to the one-of-a-kind craftsmanship that makes Disney so extraordinary. The new show is expected to debut in 2021.
Disney Water Parks
Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon
- Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon is closed
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Samawati Springs Pool at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village, which is scheduled to take place from January 2022 through April 2022.
Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Starting in April 2021, Disney’s Contemporary Resort will begin a refurbishment to reimagine Guest rooms. While some Main Tower rooms will be unavailable during the refurbishment, most resort areas and amenities will still be available for Guests to enjoy.
- The Wave… of American Flavors & The Wave Lounge at Disney’s Contemporary Resort will be unavailable this summer as the spaces will be refurbished in time for the 50th anniversary of Walt Disney World Resort. Reservations will be available through July 15.
Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
- Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort’s lobby is going through renovations. In addition the monorail station is currently closed. Both are impacted until summer 2021.
Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser – Disney’s Star Wars Hotel
- Disney announced that they will be building an immersive Star Wars-themed hotel that will be the most experiential concept ever. The hotel will be dedicated entirely to the galaxy of Star Wars, and guests will have a one-of-a-kind experience where a luxury resort meets a multi-day adventure in a galaxy far, far away. Reservations for this resort will open later in 2021.
Other Walt Disney World Refurbishments
- The Disney Skyliner will be closing for a brief refurbishment in early 2022 from January 23 through January 28. Bus service will be available at the resorts served by Disney Skyliner.