Epcot | Future World West
Meet some of your favorite Disney characters in Future World West!
Opening Day: May 20, 2007
Type of Ride: Character meet-and-greet
Age Recommendation: All ages; best for children
Duration of Ride: Varies
Typical Queue Time: About 1 hour
Single Rider Line: No
FastPass+: Yes for Mickey, Minnie, and Goofy; No for Baymax, Joy, and Sadness. Visit our FastPass+ Guide for more information on FastPass+.
Chicken Exit Available: Yes
Baby Swap Available: No
Type of Vehicle: None
Type of Restraint: None
Attraction Open During EMH: Yes; evening. See our Extra Magic Hours page for more information.
Ride Photo Available For Purchase: Yes
Height Requirements: None
Flash Photography or Video Allowed: Yes
Shopping: Epcot’s premier gift shop, “Mouse Gear,” is located close to the Epcot Character Spot.
Dining/Refreshment: Starbucks treats are available adjacent to Character Spot at Fountain View, and burgers are served for lunch and dinner nearby at Electric Umbrella. Guests wanting to dine with Mickey can do so for breakfast, lunch, and dinner at The Land Pavilion’s Garden Grill Restaurant.
Restroom: Facilities are situated near Character Spot in Future World West.
Smoking Location: Smoking is permitted in designated smoking areas only. Epcot smoking areas can be found on our Walt Disney World Designated Smoking Areas page.
Epcot Character Spot Fun Facts
Did you know?
- At the Epcot Character Spot, guests can interact with Mickey, Minnie, and Goofy in a colorful, indoor environment. Nearby, though not in the Character Spot proper, Joy and Sadness from Pixar’s Inside Out (2015) and Baymax from Disney’s Big Hero 6 (2014) greet guests. These characters are also set next to colorful backdrops depicting events from their respective movies.
- Baymax has greeted guests at Epcot since December 19, 2015. Previously, Baymax had appeared at the former “The Magic of Disney Animation” attraction at Disney’s Hollywood Studios from November 7, 2014 to July 12, 2015. Baymax’s human pal Hiro, who had greeted guests with Baymax at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, does not accompany Tadashi’s fluffy invention at Epcot.
- Joy and Sadness have greeted guests at Epcot since April 2016.
- As the characters at the Epcot Character Spot are fully-costumed, they cannot talk to guests. The characters can, however, gesture, fist bump, and hug.
- Guests wanting to see Mickey, Minnie, and/or Goofy at Character Spot utilize one queue, and FastPass+ is available. FastPass+ is not available for the meets with Joy, Sadness, and Baymax. Joy and Sadness utilize one queue, and Baymax uses another.
Top 5 Tips for Epcot Character Spot
- Feel free to interact with the characters; hug Baymax, for example.
- Consider making FastPass+ reservations for the Mickey, Minnie, and Goofy meets and arriving early for the Sadness, Joy, and Baymax meets if these meets are a priority for your party.
- Take some photographs with the characters.
- Consider watching Inside Out and Big Hero 6 prior to your visit such as to better appreciate those characters.
- Keep in mind that the large characters might frighten very young children.