May 27, 2018
Attention Star Wars fans! Disney’s Hollywood Studios is going to be holding the ultimate event this April to celebrate all things Star Wars. Star Wars: Galactic Nights will take place on December 16 from 7:00 p.m. until midnight. This family-friendly event invites Guests to dress up as their favorite Star Wars character and take part in activities and experiences exclusive to this particular hard ticket event night. Guests who attend the event will be able to experience Star Wars like never before during this glitzy, Hollywood-inspired evening.
The event will be themed after a movie-premiere-style party where Guests of all ages can come together and celebrate the Greatest Saga Ever Told. The best part is that Star Wars: Galactic Nights will be taking place in celebration of Star Wars: The Last Jedi! Guests of all ages are encouraged to put on your finest Star Wars-themed costumes and attire, and experience the fun. The event will include shows, characters, photo opportunities, and many of your favorite Disney’s Hollywood Studios attractions! In addition, Star Wars: Galactic Nights event will also include AWR Trooper sightings, roaming droids, Star Wars-themed food and beverage options, special merchandise and much more.
Tickets are available for the Star Wars: Galactic Nights $124 per child (ages 3-9) and $129 per adult (ages 10 and up) (plus tax). Tickets for Star Wars: Galactic Nights are extremely limited; call 407-827-7036 for more information.
Rebel Base Projection Show Galactic Destinations Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular Jedi Training March of the First Order Imperial March Dance Party Character Opportunities Scavenger Hunt Attractions Dining Merchandise Additional Fun Costume Rules
Guests will start their evening at the Rebel Base Event Hub, found at the center of the park. At the Rebel Base, Guests will find a DJ dance party, as well as being the home for ongoing event information, hosted shows, interactive moments and more!
Check out Star Wars: Galactic Destinations—offered during Star Wars: Galactic Nights—and watch as the Hollywood Tower Hotel is transformed with state-of-the-art projections, special effects and lighting to depict spectacular destinations from across the Star Wars galaxy. The Star Wars cinematic score adds to this awe-inspiring experience. Behold some of your favorite Star Wars movie moments all evening long!
Star Wars: Galactic Destinations
Guests can’t miss Star Wars: Galactic Destinations on Sunset Boulevard. Through state-of-the-art projections, the facade of the Hollywood Tower Hotel will transform to showcase stunning locations from across the galaxy. Favorite film moments, special effects, lighting, and of course the stellar Star Wars cinematic score supports each galactic location all evening long.
Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away
Guests will be able to experience this popular stage show that features clips of the best moments from the film saga as well as on stage character moments, including Chewbacca, Darth Vader, Kylo Ren and more.
Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular
Unique to the evening will be a special interactive pre-show on the main stage, just prior to the popular Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular fireworks show to end the night.
Jedi Training: Trails of the Temple
Young Padawans learn the ways of the Force at a sacred Jedi temple during Jedi Training. Guests must be between the ages of 4 – 12. Space is limited and sign ups located near Indiana Jones Outpost.
Jedi Recruitment Package
Young padawans will have chance to receive an enhanced Jedi-training experience. This special limited-time package includes:
- Enrollment for one youngling in one show of Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple
- Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple robe
- Official Star Wars lightsaber
- Personalized name badge
- Exclusive Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple t-shirt
- Picture with a Jedi Master—available via free digital download
The cost is $149.95, plus tax. To book a package, please call (407) WDW-PLAY.
March of the First Order
Captain Phasma leads a unit of First Order Stormtroopers down Hollywood Boulevard in a unique march.
Darth Vader will lead a battalion of Stormtroopers to the Rebel Base. Begins at Star Tours to the Rebel Base at Center Stage.
DJ Dance Party
At the Rebel Base, dance the night away.
Photo and Character Opportunities
During Star Wars: Galactic Nights, you’ll be able to take unique photos that revolve around the Star Wars world. Step into iconic Star Wars scenes throughout Disney’s Hollywood Studios where you will discover 3-dimensional photo opportunities throughout the park. You will be able to act out your very own mini-scene or capture a heartfelt message and post your moment on social media during the event.
Guests will also be able to pose in front of Star Wars-themed backdrops depicting popular scenes from the entire Star Wars Saga. Each backdrop will play an important role in the event’s interactive Seize the Saga.
In addition, Guests will also be able to come face to face with favorite Star Wars characters. Character Experiences will include:
- Ewok Encounter: While walking through the forest of Endor en route to Star Tours – The Adventures Continue, you’ll have an encounter with the Ewoks.
- Stormtroopers on Patrol: As you board your vehicle in Star Tours – The Adventures Continue, you may come face-to-face with Imperial Stormtroopers patrolling the embarkation ramps in pursuit of a Rebel spy.
- Characters at Star Wars Launch Bay: Visit the Cantina for a chance to meet with Boba Fett. You could also meet Darth Vader too.
- AWR Trooper Sightings: Spy these black armor-clad operatives scanning for rebels in the Animation Courtyard.
Take advantage of special event pricing on Memory Maker One Day, available for this event for just $39! With Memory Maker One Day, you’ll receive unlimited digital downloads of your Disney PhotoPass Photos from Star Wars: Galactic Nights—capturing your encounters with Characters, icons, attractions and more.
Memory Maker One Day for this special event is only available at Sid Cahuenga’s One-of-a-Kind, Rock Around the Shop and Tower Hotel Gifts. Keep in mind that this special event price is not available via the My Disney Experience app.
Seize the Saga Interactive Scavenger Hunt
During the Seize the Saga Scavenger Hunt, you’ll need to find 8 takeaway clues located at each of the photo backdrops locations. After gathering all of the clues, Guests will then be encouraged to act out your very own mini scene or capture a heartfelt message about their love for Star Wars and will be able to post your moment on social media. Guests should tag photos or 10-second videos with #GalacticNights, #PhotoPass, and @StarWars.
During the evening, Guests will be able to enjoy the following attractions:
- Star Tours – The Adventures Continue
- Star Wars Launch Bay
- Star Wars: Path of the Jedi
- Toy Story Mania!
- The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
- Muppet*Vision 3D
- Walt Disney Presents
Skywalker Vineyards Wine Seminar
Enjoy a seminar discussing Skywalker Vineyards. Guests will learn about the wine making process and have the ability to purchase tasting samples. Attendees of this free-admission experience will also have the opportunity to purchase full bottles to savor at home.
Galactic Tasting & Viewing Package
During Star Wars: Galactic Nights, savor Star Wars-themed food and drinks as you taste your way around the galaxy. Tasting-sized sips and bites inspired by the stories and characters of Star Wars will be available at various locations throughout the park. With the Galactic Tasting Sampler, you can choose 5 of these items, which may include:
- Lightsaber churros
- Root Leaf Stew
- Character cupcakes – like Darth Vader chocolate peanut butter cupcakes
- Charcuterie plates featuring C3PO crackers
- Specialty beverages
The Galactic Tasting Sampler is $30 per person, including tax.
During Star Wars: Galactic Nights, Guests will be able to dine on tons of gourmet galactic goodies made just for the occasion. Items will include:
- Shrimp and Chorizo Skewer – skewer loaded with Chorizo sausage, sweet potato hash and shrimp
- Tatooine Bisque – made from rutabaga, turnips, carrots and parsnips
- Crab puff with wasabi crab claw
- Shrimp with black seaweed and lotus root
- Wagyu beef slider smothered with cognac mustard and fried Toma cheese patties
- Ribeye steak puff
- Charcuterie plates featuring C3PO crackers
- Pork wings with a balsamic BBQ blueberry slaw
- Frog legs, pork belly and black ink noodles
- Root leaf stew with lamb chop
- Vegan curry with coconut, plantains, sweet potatoes and blue sauce with a hint of spice
- Red wine risotto with blistered cherry tomatoes and micro greens
- Sweet and Crunchy Popcorn – loaded with cookies, caramel, chocolate and pecans
- Lightsaber Churro – Choose between the Light Side and the Dark Side which are offered with red or blue sugar and a Lightsaber Hilt
- Lightsaber Churro Sundae – a vanilla ice cream sundae topped with chocolate sauce and red and blue churros
- Specialty cupcakes inspired by Star Wars characters
- Star Wars-themed éclairs
- Glow cotton candy
- Jettison Juice – a refreshing watermelon lemonade served with a Death Star Glow Cube
- Lightspeed Margaritas
- Swamp Juice
- Galactic Punch
- Skywalker Wine Flight – Straight from Skywalker Vineyars, this flight consists of Sommità Chardonnay, Pinot Noir Rosé, and Sommità Pinot Noir.
- Special event merchandise will be available including Star Wars: Galactic Nights t-shirts, tumblers and pins.
- It’s never too early to start preparing for Solo: A Star Wars Story! These shirts are the first products for the film created especially for Disney Parks and will be available through May 25, 2018. On behalf of Star Wars: Force for Change, 25% of the retail sale price of this product will be donated to UNICEF USA in support of UNICEF Kid Power. The Adult Tee will be at Disney’s Hollywood Studios for Star Wars Galactic Nights.
- To celebrate the debut of Star Wars: The Last Jedi, anyone attending the event who presents a proof of purchase or ticket stub from the opening weekend of the film, December 14-17, will receive a commemorative holiday ornament. One per guest, while supplies last.
- Guests who really want to show their Star Wars spirit at the event can do so by getting a makeover from a galaxy far, far, away, at the Senses-A Disney Spa Pop-Up Experience. They’ll be set up in the Sunset Boulevard area of the park to offer three different makeover packages that include Star Wars-inspired nails, makeup and hair transformations. Makeovers take 30-60 minutes (depending on the package) and range in price from $50-90 for children and $80-120 for adults.
- Make sure that you download Snapchat because throughout the night at the different photo stops located throughout the event you can take advantage of one of eight different location-based Snapchat filters that have been created specifically for this event.
While Disney certainly encourages creativity when wearing costumes to their events, they also value safety.
- Disney reserves the right to deny admission to or remove any person wearing attire that is considered inappropriate or attire that could detract from the experience of other Guests.
- All Guests may dress as their favorite character, but may not pose for pictures or sign autographs for other Guests.
- Costumes must be family-friendly and may not be obstructive, offensive, objectionable or violent.
- Costumes may not contain any weapons that resemble or could easily be mistaken for an actual weapon.
- Costumes may not contain sharp objects, pointed objects or materials that may accidentally strike another Guest.
- Guests who do not adhere to these guidelines may be refused entry into, and/or removed from, unless his or her costume can be modified to meet the above standards.
For Guests ages 13 and under:
- Costumes and some masks may be worn, as long as the mask does not cover the entire face and eyes are visible.
For Guests ages 14 and older:
- Layered costumes or costume props that surround the entire body are strongly discouraged and may be subject to additional security screening.
- Costumes may not reach or drag on the ground. (e.g.,full-length Princess dresses)
- Capes may be worn if the length does not go below the waist.
- Themed T-shirts, blouses, sweatshirts, and hats are acceptable.
- Acceptable accessories include: transparent wings, plastic light sabers, toy swords, and tutus. Headwear may be worn as long as it does not cover the face.
- Masks of any kind may not be worn.