May 12, 2019
Don’t just get Mom out of the kitchen on Mother’s Day – give Mom the royal treatment at the Walt Disney World Resort.
Mother’s Day Dining
There are over 100 restaurants at Walt Disney World to choose from. Reservations for most restaurants can be made in advance, so be sure to call 407-WDW-DINE to discuss different options and to make reservations.
As the date gets closer, some theme park, resort and Disney Springs locations may offer a special brunch or meal for Mother’s Day. Traditionally, information for these meals is not usually released until just prior to Mother’s Day. When planning for a special day, make sure to reserve something early and make changes as needed if another opportunity becomes available.
Mother’s Day dining options will be available at select restaurants across Walt Disney World, Trail’s End Restaurant at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort, Olivia’s Café at Disney’s Old Key West Resort, The Wave… of American Flavors at Disney’s Contemporary Resort, Whispering Canyon Café at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge and Rose & Crown Dining Room at Epcot. Specialty desserts will also be available at select resort hotels and dining locations within the theme park
Reserve your special Mother’s Day Brunch by calling (407) WDW-DINE. Keep in mind that availability is limited, and dining events are subject to change.
Here are the restaurants at Disney Springs offering specific Mother’s Day dining options:
- Jock Lindsey’s Hangar Bar – Enjoy a special wine and cheese trio pairing.
- Morimoto Asia – offering a surprise dessert featuring a Japanese Cheesecake Soufflé with orange blossom honey gelato and strawberries.
- Paddlefish – For Mother’s Day enjoy a special meal.
- Terralina Crafted Italian – A special offering will be available.
- Raglan Road Irish Pub & Restaurant – Enjoy The Rollicking Raglan Brunch on both May 12 and May 13, from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. The menu will include traditional Irish favorites. In addition, live entertainment will be featured from 12:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- STK Orlando – a raw bar, dessert playground, DJ, classic brunch cocktails, and so much more!
- Frontera Cocina – Moms will get a glass of wine (on the house!), beautiful flowers and an afternoon of smooth Spanish guitar. (Complimentary glass of wine must be accompanied by full-priced entree. Limit one glass of wine per entrée).
If you can’t get a dining reservation at one of the Mother’s Day Brunch options, here are some additional restaurant suggestions to celebrate Mom’s special day at Walt Disney World Resort or peruse our menu section for ideas:
- California Grill, Disney’s Contemporary Resort
This classic fine-dining restaurant that serves award-winning gourmet dinners and sweeping views atop Disney’s Contemporary Resort. Fresh sushi is on the menu. Dine late and watch the fireworks bursting over Cinderella Castle complete with piped in musical score.
- Narcoossee’s, Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
This creative seafood restaurant is nestled on the waterfront overlooking Seven Seas Lagoon with spectacular views of the Magic Kingdom park and fireworks. Whole Main Lobster is on the menu.
- Afternoon Tea at the Garden View Tea Room, Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
Turn back the clock with the tradition of supping afternoon tea. Tea cakes and other traditional tantalizing treats accompany a wide selection of tasty teas.
- Jiko-The Cooking Place, Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
Relax and enjoy the warm, soothing colors of an African sunset in a beautiful setting as you savor a truly unique culinary experience with one of the finest collections of South African wines in the U.S. Don’t forget to visit the animal viewing area at the resort after your meal.
- Be Our Guest, Magic Kingdom
Beneath shimmering chandeliers, lovebirds can dine in fairy tale elegance at Be Our Guest Restaurant in New Fantasyland. Known as the place where Belle and Beast fell in love, the grand ballroom in Beast’s Castle is the perfect setting for romance as ‘snow’ falls on the French countryside outside the windows and guests dine on French-inspired cuisine and fine wines.
- Coral Reef, Epcot
Located in The Seas with Nemo & Friends Pavilion, this seafood restaurant features a spectacular view of the pavilion’s enormous aquarium. Diners are entertained by barracuda, angelfish, sharks, dolphins, rays and even Mickey in a scuba suit. This restaurant also seems to be a little less expensive that some of Walt Disney World’s upscale eateries.
- Monsieur Paul , Epcot
Step upstairs to turn of the 20th century Paris for an intimate, French dining experience in this tucked-away Parisian bistro with a magnificent French wine list. Don’t skip dessert such treats as Grand Marnier Souffle and Vanilla Creme Brulee. It’s possible, although not guaranteed, to get an excellent view of Epcot’s evening fireworks spectacular, Illuminations, from this elevated restaurant.
- San Angel Inn, Epcot
This romantic restaurant with subdued lighting and a starry sky overlooks the Mexico pavilion’s “River of Time” boat ride and a volcano! Be sure and watch for the shooting star over the Aztec temple and make a wish.
- Flying Fish, Disney’s Boardwalk
This signature restaurant serves fresh seafood in a high-energy, upbeat setting at Disney’s BoardWalk. Specialties are prepared with flair right before your eyes in the onstage show kitchen. Take in the wondrous décor-an artistic and nostalgic interpretation of an Atlantic Boardwalk. The wine menu is especially extensive. Stroll along the boardwalk after your meal and play some carnival games.
- Todd English’s BlueZoo, Dolphin Resort
BlueZoo features an award-winning celebrity chef, ulta-modern decor designed to make you feel underwater and a focus fresh seafood and creative cocktails. Enjoy an upscale meal and then head to the Boardwalk for an evening at Jellyrolls, a sing-a-long dueling piano bar. Free child care offered at Camp Dolphin while you dine at this restaurant.
- The Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show, Disney’s Polynesian Resort
Get carried away by the spirit of the Pacific in this live celebration of Polynesian culture. Watch hula dancers to fire twirlers as you feast on an all-you-care-to-eat meal with a South Seas flair. Presented at 5:15 p.m. and 8:00 p.m. at Luau Cove Tuesday through Saturday. Reservations can be made 180 days in advance. After the show, stroll the torch-lite grounds of the Polynesian Resort for some added romance.
- Fork & Screen, Disney Springs, West Side
For something uniquely different, have dinner and take in a movie at the same time! AMC Downtown Disney 24 theater features Fork & Screen, which provides restaurant dining with “seat-side service” while you watch a movie. Visit AMC’s web site for additional details.
Pick up a classic box of delectable chocolates from The Ganachery or Ghirardelli Soda Fountain & Chocolate Shop. Take Mom for after-dinner dessert and coffee at Amorette’s Patisserie and enjoy a special “amore” cookie or any of their classic Disney-inspired treats. (Macaroons, eclairs and petit cakes make for the perfect dessert sharing experience!) Or Sprinkles is offering personalized mom boxes for pick-up or delivery.
Need Babysitting? There are two options for Child Care at Walt Disney World – child care centers and in-room babysitters. For more information and a list of discounts to make your evening a little more affordable, visit our Options for Child Care page.
The 26th Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival is a great way to enjoy the sights, sounds and tastes of spring. Moms will love seeing the lush topiaries and festival blooms while savoring fine tastes and sips along the way.
For a unique day at the theme parks, try a specialty tour. Guests can learn how the magic at Magic Kingdom comes to life on Disney’s Keys to the Kingdom Tour, snorkel with thousands of sea creatures in the Epcot Seas Adventures – Aqua Tour or get up close with exotic African wildlife on Wild Africa Trek at Disney’s Animal Kingdom. And foodie moms will love the Taste of Magic Kingdom VIP Tour, which invites guests to taste their way through the park’s kitchens. Tour reservations can be made by calling 407-WDW-TOUR.
Find the perfect gift at Disney Springs. Choose from Hand-crafted jewelry, luxurious bath products, decadent candies and stylish accessories that she’ll be sure to love.
Other Mother’s Day Ideas
Disney will occasionally make special offers available in honor of Mother’s Day. Like other special events, these may not be released very early.
- If you are looking for some creative ideas, take a look at the offerings from Disney Florist. There are floral ideas, but also gifts to suit many occasions, including Mother’s Day. If you don’t see what you want, they can create custom gifts as well.
- Consider getting that special mom in your life a Disney Spa package from Senses – A Disney Spa. You can choose from a massage, facial, pedicure, and more at either Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa or at Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa.
- Many of her favorite retailer’s merchandise can be found at Disney Springs, including Alex and Ani, Dooney & Bourke, PANDORA, Vera Bradley, Basin, Erwin Pearl, and more. Pick up something from her favorite designer that she’s sure to love. In addition, many Disney Springs retailers will be offering great specials during Mother’s Day weekend.
- End her special day with a champagne toast aboard a Venezia Champagne Cruise, or set sail on an Amphicar tour, all accessible from The BOATHOUSE.
- Another idea to help make Mother’s Day special is a photo package. While Disney’s Photopass photographers are always available, Disney Fine Art Photography offers packages for families to capture special occasions. There are many options and locations that are available depending on budget.
- If your mom loves Star Wars, you won’t want to miss Star Wars: Secrets of the Empire or Ralph Breaks VR by ILMxLAB and The VOID at Disney Springs. This highly immersive and interactive hyper-reality experience is the perfect activity to spend some family quality time exploring an out-of-this-world galaxy.
Remember, though, that while special meals, and mementos are wonderful, mom may be just happy to spend her special day in the parks with her family. Memories at Disney parks are always a great gift.