Late May 2021 – Early September 2021
Below was what was celebrated at Walt Disney World for 2019 with a great line up of brand new attractions and other experiences that debuted at the four Walt Disney World theme parks and two water parks this past summer! No official events have been announced for 2021.
Across its four theme parks and diverse shopping and dining offerings, Guests will find unforgettable experiences to share with family and friends, making every moment at Walt Disney World as magical as it can be.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
This year, Disney’s Animal Kingdom will bring a brand new version of their nighttime show.
- A new, updated version of Rivers of Light will be debuting will debut in the Discovery River Amphitheater this Memorial Day Weekend. The new show called Rivers of Light: We Are One will incorporate many of the aspects of the first show, like grand imagery, illuminated lantern floats, special effects, and a soaring musical score, but the updated version will now include Disney stories, through both their animated classics, as well as the Disneynature films.
- Beginning May 24, the Tree of Life will awaken in a whole new way to honor the 25th anniversary of “The Lion King,” with beautiful projections on the iconic tree featuring music and animation paying tribute to the classic film.
This summer at the Epcot will jam out with The Guardians of the Galaxy.
- At The America Gardens Theatre, The Guardians of the Galaxy take the stage. Here, StarLord and Gamora will join an alien band. Songs featured will include hits from Awesome Mix Tapes 1 and 2. The group will take the stage five times daily, June 9 through August 19.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
Celebrate 30 years of Pixar fun with lots of great activities and meet and greets. In addition, near the end of summer, Guests will be able to experience the world of Batuu and Black Spire Outpost in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- Party with Pixar pals at Disney’s Hollywood Studios during the park’s 30th anniversary year, featuring The Incredibles, Mike and Sulley from Disney•Pixar’s “Monsters, Inc.;” Woody, Buzz Lightyear and the gang at the new Toy Story Land; and the new Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy that takes you into the world of Cars.
- Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge will be new 14-acre land. In Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, Guests will be transported to a whole new Star Wars planet called Batuu. Batuu, a port found on the outer rim of Wild Space, is a place where explorers, smugglers, and traders are looking to fly underneath the radar. The Resistance has temporarily set up shop in an abandoned, ancient base that is encircled by forests, mountains, and rivers here on the outskirts of Black Spire Outpost (the name of the marketplace on the planet of Batuu) all in an effort to defeat the First Order. Included in this new land will be two signature attractions, Millennium Falcon: Smuggler’s Run and Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, as well as restaurants, shopping and more.
- Anything can happen during Mickey & Minnie’s Surprise Celebration at Magic Kingdom, including the new “Move It! Shake It! MousekeDance It! Street Party,” featuring those true originals, Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse.
Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon
Enjoy a cool evening of entertainment at this premier water park.
- With Disney H20 Glow Nights, “Toy Story” pals are throwing glow parties at Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon. The event is inspired by the Pixar short, “Partysaurus Rex”. Disney H20 Glow Nights will take place on select summer evenings, Thursdays and Saturdays, from June 21 through August 11 from 8:00 p.m. until 11:00 p.m. The event will feature special lighting effects that will transform the park. Guests are invited to dance on the beach, play party games, and meet up with Buzz, Woody and Jessie, plus, all the water park attractions will be open for Guests. This is a hard-ticket event that will cost $55 for adults and $50 for children ages 3-9 (plus tax).