The Great Irish Hooley signifies that we’re halfway to St. Patrick’s Day and features traditional live music, dancing, and delicious Irish cuisine. The Hooley is a unique Irish festival that is packed with some of the best Irish music you’ll hear, as well as other entertainment opportunities.
2018 The Great Irish Hooley Info
This year we celebrate the seventh installment of this authentically Irish annual weekend at Raglan Road in Disney Springs. Festivities begin at 3:00 p.m. on Friday, August 31 and will run through the evening of Monday, September 3. This authentic Irish festival features inventive cuisine by Irish celebrity chef Kevin Dundon, live music by popular Irish artists, along with performances by award-winning Irish dancers.
Top Irish talent will be on hand for the event including many award-winning bands. Artists for this year will include:
- JigJam — The multi-award-winning Irish quartet will bring their captivating brand of “CeltGrass” blending the best of traditional Irish music with Bluegrass and Americana. (Performances Friday through Monday)
- Lisa Canny – The 7-time All-Ireland champion on harp and banjo, is an emerging Irish force blending pop and hip-hop with traditional Irish rhythms. (Performances Saturday through Monday)
- Billow Wood – Known as Flat Out when they played Raglan Road in 2016, this male/female four-piece band fuses their unique brand of instrumentation with multi-vocals and harmonies for a blend of Irish and folk music. (Performances on Monday)
- Aaron O’Grady – This Irish import will entice and beguile you with his eclectic mix of Irish tune.
- The Byrne Brothers – An exceptionally talented traditional Irish music family from Donegal. Their show combines traditional Irish tunes with modern dance beats, and they love to interact with every audience.
- Strings and Things – a contemporary Irish Trad / Folk/ Roots crossover band with a large repertoire of Irish songs, airs and traditional pieces presented in a very contemporary arrangement and style.
- Reel Republic – Hailing from the southwest corner of Ireland, Reel Republic are four seriously talented musicians revving up audiences with a solid spectrum of Irish tunes and songs.
The Raglan Road Irish Dancers
The Raglan Road Dancers perform throughout the long weekend. You can even learn a few traditional Irish dance steps. Everyone is welcome no experience necessary!
For the full schedule of performances, check here.
Celtic Face Painting
Available from 5:00 p.m. on Friday and from Noon on Saturday, Sunday and Monday.
The Great Irish Hooley’s schedule is subject to change without notice due to inclement weather. Please allow extra time for parking. Guests may find parking at the multi-level parking garage.