Star Wars at the Walt Disney World Resort
Do you feel a disturbance? The Force is growing stronger at Walt Disney World. Experience Star Wars at the Walt Disney World Resort like never before.
There are many new additions of Star Wars-inspired entertainment that will be taking place at Disney’s Hollywood Studios designed to celebrate all things Star Wars.
Guests visiting will be able to experience the Star Wars Launch Bay, a central locale for fans to celebrate all things Star Wars; Star Wars: Path of the Jedi, a cinematic overview of the Star Wars saga; and cool, new enhancements for Star Tours – The Adventures Continue and Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple.
Additional Star Wars elements have also entered the galaxy such as First Order stormtroopers patrolling the area, Star Wars-inspired food and beverage offerings, plus a fireworks show.
These new special experience will allow guests, as well as Star Wars fans, the opportunity to transport themselves every day to a galaxy far, far away.
Star Wars Land What’s New Star Wars Launch Bay Star Tours: The Adventure Continues Jedi Training Path of the Jedi Stormtrooper Patrols Star Wars: A Galactic Fireworks Spectacular Star Wars Food Star Wars Merchandise
Star Wars Themed Land at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
New lands created at both Disneyland in California and Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Walt Disney World will create new 14-acre lands. Guests will be transported to a hole new Star Wars planet, including an adventure that puts yo in the middle of a battle between the First Order and the Resistance. There will be two signature attractions, including the ability to take the controls of one of the Millennium Falcon. on a customized secret mission. It was announced that the Star Wars-themed land will be opening at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in 2019.
- A brand new Star Wars Guided Tour is in the works for Disney’s Hollywood Studios. This will be a seven-hour experience that will include A Star Wars “all-in-the-know” tour guide, priority boarding for Star Tours – The Adventures Continue; an opportunity to participate in Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple (for guests age 4-12); an in-depth guided exploration of Star Wars Launch Bay, Screening of “Star Wars: Path of the Jedi”, dinner at a Backlot Express; the Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party; fireworks viewing; a personalized souvenir and more. Priced at $129 per person, tours are offered on Mondays and Saturdays throughout 2017. Reservations are now available to be made.
- This spring Guests will be able to meet the loyal droid, BB-8 at at Star Wars Launch Bay in the Animation Courtyard. Making his character greeting debut as part of Star Wars Galactic Nights, which is being held on April 14, BB-8 will appear in addition to Kylo Ren and Chewbacca.
- If you are a fan of Star Tours – The Adventurers Continue, the attraction will once again offer up randomized ride experiences. You never know what you’re going to experience! Also, new scenes from Star Wars: Episode VIII will be added to Star Tours in the coming year.
- Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away: This new live, stage show celebrates iconic moments from the Star Wars saga with live vignettes featuring popular Star Wars characters, such as Kylo Ren, Chewbacca, Darth Vader and Darth Maul. The show takes place multiple times each day at the Center Stage area near The Great Movie Ride.
- Stormtroopers march: At various times each day, the menacing Captain Phasma leads a squad of First Order stormtroopers as they march in formation from Star Wars Launch Bay to the Center Stage area in an intimidating demonstration of the First Order’s indomitable strength.
- Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular: Beginning this summer, as the next generation of the current Star Wars-inspired fireworks show, this blockbuster nightly show, unprecedented in Disney’s Hollywood Studios history, will light up the sky with Star Wars-themed fireworks, lasers, light projections and other special effects combined with Star Wars-themed music and iconic characters and scenes from the saga.
Star Wars Launch Bay
Located in Animation Courtyard, the Star Wars Launch Bay will be the primary location for fans to celebrate all things Star Wars. In this multi-sensory space Guests will enter a queue lined with special concept artwork where they can interact with beloved Star Wars characters, tour galleries featuring memorabilia and replicas of large-scale Star Wars artifacts, including ones from Star Wars: The Force Awakens, plus have the ability to special Star Wars merchandise. You’ll also now be able to see new props from Rogue One including a Shortrooper Blaster, Director Krennic’s Imperial Shuttle, a Death Star model, a U-wing gunship and more.
Special Character Encounters
After entering a themed atrium complete with replicas of Star Wars props, guests can choose the light side by stepping into a makeshift Rebel base and coming face to face with Star Wars characters such as Chewbacca or they can choose to to visit the dark side and encounter Kylo Ren on the bridge of his First Order Star Destroyer. Also, Guests can now meet BB8 at the Star Wars Launch Bay!
Launch Bay Theater
Guests will be able to hear directly from the creative minds behind the Star Wars saga in a short video that includes exclusive interviews with the directors, writers, producers and other key movie crew members who bring the saga to life.
This setting is a fun place to explore and take photos near elements of the cantina, such as a holochess table. Holochess is a game seen in Star Wars.
Special immersive galleries will be located throughout Star Wars Launch Bay.
- Celebration Gallery will feature iconic ships from throughout the Star Wars saga, such as the Rebel Alliance and the Imperial Navy fleet.
- Celebration Hallway will display large-scale replicas of Star Wars props and scenic murals.
- Preview Gallery will offer guests exclusive looks at replicas of props, artifacts and memorabilia from the latest movies in the saga, starting with Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Among the items that will be on display are costumes, ship models, droids and artwork.
Launch Bay Cargo
A unique shopping area where guests may purchase Star Wars merchandise, including original artwork and collector’s items.
Star Tours – The Adventures Continue
Immerse yourself in a special mission during your Star Wars at Walt Disney World experience. The attraction now features a new adventure and characters from Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Rides on Star Tours – The Adventures Continue are random, so you never know what you’re going to experience.
Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple
This popular show has been reimagined with new characters and a new villain to battle from Star Wars Rebels. Guests will be guided to the site of a secret and ancient Jedi temple where they will face villains such as Darth Vader and the Seventh Sister Inquisitor from the popular Disney XD series Star Wars Rebels, to see if they are a true Jedi.
Star Wars: Path of The Jedi
Guests looking to relive the stories from the Star Wars saga or be introduced to the iconic characters, including ones from Star Wars: The Force Awakens, can watch an abridged film celebrating the Star Wars saga (episodes I-VII) the ABC Sound Studio near Echo Lake.
Guests may come face to face with First Order Stormtroopers who will patrol various areas of the park, interacting with guests during their mission to find members of the Resistance.
Star Wars: The Force Awakens Merchandise
Themed merchandise can be found at Tatooine Traders, Disney Springs (Once Upon a Toy, World of Disney and D-Street), Magic Kingdom (Emporium and Merchants of Venus), Epcot (MouseGear and Disney Traders), Animal Kingdom (Island Mercantile), and Disney’s Contemporary Resort (Bayview Gifts).
“Star Wars: A Galactic Fireworks Spectacular’’
The Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular is an incredible finish to the theme park day involving a dazzling Star Wars-themed fireworks show set to memorable Star Wars music from throughout the saga.
Star Wars Food
Guests will be able to enjoy various novelty items and specialty foods inspired by a galaxy far, far away, such as Dark Side Chicken and Waffles and specialty themed cupcakes at Backlot Express inside Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
Guests can also pick up themed souvenir popcorn buckets such as a Darth Vader Souvenir Bucket or a TIE Fighter Souvenir Bucket. There are also souvenir beverage containers, like the Chewbacca Souvenir Stein and the BB-8 Souvenir Stein. These can be picked up a various snack carts and other locations throughout Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
Guests who have a Chase Disney Visa will be able to feel the power of the Force at the Star Wars Imperial Meet ‘N’ Greet. This opportunity will be offered daily from 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at the Star Wars Launch Bay. To access the special meet opportunity, you’ll simply have to present your Disney Visa Credit Card to enter this exclusive location.