Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit is one of Universal Studios most thrilling roller coasters. When you strap yourself in you also pick the song you want playing throughout the ride. After a 90-degree angle climb, you’ll be sure to scream the whole way down on the first drop as you reach 65mph!
Opening Day: August 19, 2009
Ride Type: Roller coaster
Age Recommendation: 10+ (must be able to meet height requirements)
Ride Duration: 1 Minute 45 Seconds
Typical Wait Time: 25 – 75 minutes (can be more depending on crowd size)
Single Rider Line: Yes
Express Pass: Yes, for more details click here
Child Swap: Yes
Type of Restraint: Lap bar, shoulder harness, & seat belt (test seat available at beginning of the line).
Wheelchair Accessible: Guests in wheelchair have to be able to transfer to the seat.
Ride Photo Available for Purchase: Yes, also available is a video of your ride with the music you chose.
Safety Harness: For those who cannot fit into the seat with all safety restraints properly inplace will not be allowed to ride. This is for everyone’s safety.
Height Requirement: 51″ or more
Loose Items: All items in any pockets or extra baggage must be stored in the complimentary locker area for the duration of the ride.
Did You Know?
- Rip Ride Rockit is one of the tallest roller coasters in the Orlando area, peaking 17 stories above Universal Studios!
- This roller coaster was the first of its kind to have a non-inverted loop.
- While there are a vast number of songs to choose from for your ride, there is also a hidden list of songs you can pick from by typing in a specific number entry.
The Mouse For Less Tips
- Sometimes the single rider line can be a little slower so be sure to check wait times before you choose which line to get in.
- If you choose one of the hidden songs you can still receive a ride photo, but it will not record a video. If you specifically want a video of your ride, choose from the original list of songs.
- The coaster vehicle features stadium seating so no matter what row you’re in you will have a fantastic view.