Loews Portofino Bay Hotel
5601 Universal Blvd.
Orlando, FL 32819
Telephone: (407) 503-1000
Fax: (407) 503-1010
Located at Universal Orlando Resort
Check In: 4:00 p.m. / Check Out: 11:00 a.m.
Portofino Bay Hotel Theme
This luxurious resort captures the charm of the seaside village of Portofino, Italy. Guests of Loews Portofino Bay Hotel feel as though they have been transported to Italy through the beautiful theming and special touches. Experience la dolce vita—the sweet life—at this most luxurious of Universal properties. Use this Loews Portofino Bay Hotel Guide to help you plan your stay.
Loews Portofino Bay Hotel is smoke-free. Designated outdoor smoking areas are available.
Guests at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel receive exclusive on-site hotel benefits.
- Universal Express Unlimited – Skip the regular lines in both parks. A free benefit valued at $129 per person, per day.
- Early Park Admission one hour before general entry (with valid theme park admission) to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter and Volcano Bay
- Complimentary water taxi transportation to Universal CityWalk and buses to CityWalk and the theme parks.
- Priority seating at select restaurants.
- Resort-wide charging privileges.
- Have your purchases sent straight to your hotel room from select stores at Universal’s theme parks and CityWalk.
Portofino Bay Resort has a total of 750 rooms, including 45 suites. Options include standard and deluxe rooms and a variety of suites. Loews hotels are pet friendly. A one time fee of $100 will be charged per room. At Portofino Bay, garden and pool view only are available for guests with pets.
- 300-thread-count, 100% cotton bed linens
- Complimentary wireless internet access in guest rooms
- Complimentary turndown service upon request
- Cotton signature bathrobes
- Julien Farel skin and body care products
- Flat Panel Television including HD channels
- Hair dryer and make-up mirror in the bathroom
- iHome clock radio with docking station
- In-room safe
- Iron and ironing board
- Keurig Coffee Maker with gourmet coffee and assorted teas
- on Demand in-room movies, and video check-0ut (fees apply)
- Mini refrigerator
- Separate bath and vanity area with two sinks available in most rooms
- Smart room technology for automated heating and air conditioning
- Three telephones – bedside, desk, and bathroom – each with dual voice lines, data port, and voicemail
- Upgrade to Premium Plus wireless internet access for optimal entertainment and business needs
Maximum occupancy of 3-5 depending on the room type and rollaway
- Closed-caption television
- Closets with rods at 48″ high
- Doors with peepholes at 3’6″ from the floor
- Entry doors are 36″ wide
- Roll-in shower stall with an adjustable shower head or combination shower/tub with adjustable shower head, tub seat, and hand bar
- Smoke detector with light
- Toilets with a hand bar
Sight and Hearing Impaired Features:
- All entrances to individual guest rooms will include the room number in braille.
- Hearing Impaired Kits (that include a TDD relay service) are available from Star Service and may be used in any guest room
Amenities vary in the larger suites.
Standard Rooms offer 450 square feet of space with one king bed (sleeps up to three guests) or two queen beds to sleep up to five guests. Amenities include a separate bath and vanity area as well as a choice of view.
Deluxe Rooms offer 490 square feet for even more space with one king bed (sleeps up to three guests) or two queen beds to sleep up to 5 guests. Amenities include a separate bath and vanity area as well as a view of either the Villa Pool or the Beach Pool.
Portofino Suites Offer 450 square feet, which adjoins to a 450 square foot bedroom, a second adjoining bedroom can also be reserved to create a two bedroom suite. A 1 bedroom suite sleeps up to 5 guests with a king bed or 7 with two queen beds. a 2 bedroom suite can sleep up to 10 with two queen beds in each bedroom.
Club Level Rooms Pamper you and your travel party with additional amenities including exclusive access to the Portofino Club Lounge, personal concierge service, and other exceptional perks when you stay in a Club Level Deluxe Room or Suite.
Villas Suites Offer 620 square foot parlor features an adjoining 490 square foot deluxe bedroom. A second adjoining room can also be reserved for a two-bedroom suite. A 1 bedroom suite sleeps up to 5 guests with a king bed or 7 with two queen beds. a 2 bedroom suite can sleep up to 10 with two queen beds in each bedroom.
Despicable Me Kid’s Suites at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel
Kids Suites let mom and dad have a little privacy, and the kids have some fun! With a standard king bedroom for the adults plus a separate room for the kids, there’s plenty of space for the whole family. Loews Portofino Bay Hotel converted all 18 of its Kid’s Suites to Despicable Me themed kids suites. The newly-renovated, film-inspired kids suites are available for reservations. These one-of-a-kind suites capture the excitement and playfulness of Gru’s house, complete with missile beds and Minions who rappel from the ceiling and surround guests with their unpredictable antics. The adults’ room features a king-sized bed in the hotel’s newly-renovated Italian luxury design. Learn more about the Despicable Me themed kids suites on TMFLT’s blog
Beach Pool – Family sandy beach pool with waterslide. Cabanas are available.
Villa Pool – Cabanas available.
Hillside Pool – Quiet pool
Harbor Piazza – Cobblestone streets lined with sidewalk cafes surround the Portofino Bay. At sunset, experience Musica della Notte with strolling musicians followed by a show.
Mandara Spa and Fitness Center – Call 407-503-1244 to book.
Golf Universal Orlando – Preferred tee times and complimentary transportation to Windermere Country Club and Grand Cypress Golf Club
Game Room – open 8a.m.-midnight daily
Jogging and walking paths
Universal Studios Store
LeMemories de Portofino
Family Art Photography & Printing
Overnight parking available to guests. Self parking $28 plus tax per night. Valet parking $37 plus tax per night.
Day guest parking available. Self parking $30 per day plus tax. Valet parking $42 per day plus tax.
Complimentary transportation is available from the resort to Universal Studios, CityWalk, and Islands of Adventure via water taxi. Hotels are also within walking distance of the parks.
Campo Portofino provides supervised children’s activities for children ages 4-14. Cost is $15 per hour, per child. Hours of operation are 5:00 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. Sunday-Thursday. Open until midnight on Friday and Saturday. Children must be potty trained. Reservations at 407-503-1200.
Loews Portofino Bay Hotel is a premier hotel.
Visit our Amazon Storefront where we have some great gift ideas and deals in our super convenient Amazon affiliate store. The Mouse For Less has put together some great idea lists to help make your holiday shopping a little easier!