Universal Orlando Ride & Attraction Wait Times
This guide can help you plan your day at Universal Orlando Resort theme parks. Wait times can vary on crowd size, time of year, and weather. With so much to do and so many parks to visit let The Mouse For Less team help you make the most of your time at Universal Orlando Resort.
Universal Studios Florida
Universal Studios Florida has a number of shows and rides for all ages, the following is the average wait times based on lines during the busiest time of day.
Ride Wait Times
- Despicable Me Minion Mayhem 45-100 minutes
- Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit 20-75 minutes
- Shrek 4-D 10-45 minutes
- Transformers: The Ride 3-D 25-65 minutes
- Ollivanders Wand Shop 5-20 minutes
- Harry Potter and the Escape from the Gringotts 45-120 minutes
- Hogwarts Express (King’s Cross Station) 20-50 minutes
- Men in Black: Alien Attack 10-55 minutes
- The Simpsons Ride 15-60 minutes
- Kang & Kodos’ Twirl ‘n’ Hurl 10-20 minutes
- Woody Woodpecker’s Nuthouse Coaster 25-35 minutes
- E.T. Adventure 35-45 minutes
- A Day in the Park with Barney 15-20 minutes
The following is a list of shows at Universal Studios and the amount of time you should arrive prior to show time.
The Blues Brothers Show 10-15 minutes
Fear Factor Live 10 minutes
Animal Actors on Location 15 minutes
Universal Orlando’s Horror Make Up Show 20-30 minutes
Super Star Parade 10-15 minutes
Islands of Adventure
Ride Wait Times
The following is a list of rides at Islands of Adventure and their average wait times based on the busiest time of day.
*Rides in Toon Lagoon and the River Adventure ride in Jurassic Park are all water rides. Wait times and availability vary based on weather conditions.
- Caro-Seuss-el 10-20 minutes
- The Cat in the Hat 20-35 minutes
- The High in the Sky Suess Trolley Train Ride! 45-50 minutes
- One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish 10-15 minutes
- Poseidon’s Fury 20-30 minutes
- Flight of the Hippogriff 25-45 minutes
- Ollivanders Wand Shop 10-20 minutes
- Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure 80-110 minutes
- Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey 60-90 minutes
- Hogwarts Express (Hogsmeade Station) 20-30 minutes
Marvel Super Hero Island
- Storm Force Acceleration 10-20 minutes
- The Incredible Hulk Coaster 40-55 minutes
- The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man 30-50 minutes
- Doctor Doom’s Fearfall 20-30 minutes
The following is a list of shows within Islands of Adventure, times listed is the amount of time you should arrive before the show begins.
Oh! The Stories You’ll Hear! 10-15 minutes
The Mouse For Less Tips
Keep in mind, during peak season The Wizarding World of Harry Potter (Hogsmeade & Diagon Alley) use a return ticket system in order to actually enter the Harry Potter world. This happens when one or both Wizarding Worlds reach maximum capacity. Possible wait times can be up to 3 hours in order to enter, plus additional ride wait times.
Universal Express passes can cut down on wait times, click here to learn more.
To get current wait times while you’re at Universal Orlando download the official Universal Orlando Resort app.