Welcome to our page on Universal Ride Average Wait Time! If you’re planning a trip to Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure, or Volcano Bay, you’ll definitely want to know how long the lines are for each ride. That’s where we come in — we’ve compiled data on the average wait times for all the major rides in each park, so you can plan your day accordingly and make the most of your visit. Whether you’re a thrill-seeker looking to hit all the major coasters or a family with young kids who want to avoid the longest lines, our Universal Orlando Attraction Average Wait Time page has you covered. Let’s dive in and discover the wait times for some of the most popular rides in Universal’s theme parks!
This guide can help you plan your day at Universal Orlando Resort theme parks. Wait times can vary on crowd size, time of year, and weather. With so much to do and so many parks to visit let The Mouse For Less team help you make the most of your time at Universal Orlando Resort.
Universal Orlando Attraction Average Wait Time – Universal Studios Florida
There are a number of shows and rides for all ages at Universal Studios Florida, the following is the average wait times based on lines during the busiest time of day.
Ride Wait Times
- Despicable Me Minion Mayhem 45-100 minutes
- Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit 20-75 minutes
- Shrek 4-D 10-45 minutes
- Transformers: The Ride 3-D 25-65 minutes
- Ollivanders Wand Shop 5-20 minutes
- Harry Potter and the Escape from the Gringotts 45-120 minutes
- Hogwarts Express (King’s Cross Station) 20-50 minutes
- Men in Black: Alien Attack 10-55 minutes
- The Simpsons Ride 15-60 minutes
- Kang & Kodos’ Twirl ‘n’ Hurl 10-20 minutes
The following is a list of shows at Universal Studios and the amount of time you should arrive prior to show time.
The Blues Brothers Show 10-15 minutes
Fear Factor Live 10 minutes
Animal Actors on Location 15 minutes
Universal Orlando’s Horror Make Up Show 20-30 minutes
Super Star Parade 10-15 minutes
Universal Orlando Attraction Average Wait Time – Islands of Adventure
Ride Wait Times
The following is a list of rides at Islands of Adventure and their average wait times based on the busiest time of day.
*Rides in Toon Lagoon and the River Adventure ride in Jurassic Park are all water rides. Wait times and availability vary based on weather conditions.
- Caro-Seuss-el 10-20 minutes
- The Cat in the Hat 20-35 minutes
- The High in the Sky Suess Trolley Train Ride! 45-50 minutes
- One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish 10-15 minutes
- Flight of the Hippogriff 25-45 minutes
- Ollivanders Wand Shop 10-20 minutes
- Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure 80-110 minutes
- Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey 60-90 minutes
- Hogwarts Express (Hogsmeade Station) 20-30 minutes
Marvel Super Hero Island
- Storm Force Acceleration 10-20 minutes
- The Incredible Hulk Coaster 40-55 minutes
- The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man 30-50 minutes
- Doctor Doom’s Fearfall 20-30 minutes
Below is a list of shows within Islands of Adventure, along with the recommended arrival time before the start of each show:
Oh! The Stories You’ll Hear! 10-15 minutes
The Mouse For Less Tips for Universal Orlando Attraction Average Wait Time
It’s important to note that during peak season, The Wizarding World of Harry Potter (Hogsmeade & Diagon Alley) may use a return ticket system to manage capacity and ensure a better guest experience. Essentially, this means that once the Wizarding Worlds reach maximum capacity, guests will need to obtain a return time ticket in order to enter the Harry Potter world, and this can result in possible wait times of up to 3 hours just to enter the area, in addition to any wait times for rides once inside.
Universal Express passes can cut down on wait times, click here to learn more.
If you’re visiting Universal Orlando, make sure to download the official Universal Orlando Resort app to stay up-to-date on current wait times for all the rides and attractions.
Visit The Magic For Less Travel and let the experienced travel planners help you plan your next Universal Orlando adventure!