°o° Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort is a Deluxe resort in the Magic Kingdom area. It is one of the 3 monorail resorts. This resort is a seaside resort modeled after San Diego’s Hotel del Coronado. There are many reason to visit this beautiful resort that Disney calls it’s flagship resort, but here are our Grand Floridian Resort and Spa Top Ten Tips°o°
- Parade of the Housekeepers: If you get up early in the morning on Mondays and Fridays (around 8 am), you can see the parade of over fifty parasol-toting housekeepers walking slowly from the marina through the courtyard.
- Fine Dining: There are three signature dining locations at the resort: Victoria & Albert’s, Narcoossee’s and Citricos.
- Relax on the Beach: Take some time to enjoy the white-sand beach! In the evening, you can watch the Electrical Water Pageant. Check with the front desk for times.
- Beauty Salon: Would you like to get your hair done? The Ivey Trellis Salon is available for hair and nail treatments.
- Pools: There are 2 pools. The Beach Pool has a beach, zero-depth entry, a water slide, water falls, and cabana rentals. In the evenings you may be able to catch some of the higher fireworks from the Magic Kingdom while relaxing in the pool.
- Online Check-In: Want to save time and go right to your room? Utilize Disney’s Online Check-In and skip waiting for your room! Your MagicBands will unlock the room door and if you arrive at Disney early, the My Disney Experience app will let you know when your room is ready.
- Monorail: The monorail stop is located off the Grand Lobby second floor.
- Tea Party: The My Disney Girl’s Perfectly Princess Tea Party Menu is held daily for children ages 4-12. Disney characters join the children for an hour full of stories, games, and “tea” (apple juice). There is an additional fee for this experience, and space is limited.
- Character Meals: 1900 Park Fare hosts 2 character meals: Supercalifragilistic Breakfast and Cinderella’s Happily Ever After Dinner.
- Movies Under the Stars: There are nightly “Movies Under the Stars” by the courtyard pool.
Looking for a great rate for your Disney Vacation? Let The Magic for Less Travel, an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner, work for you. Their concierge services are always provided free of charge. The Magic for Less Travel will help you find the best published or unpublished discount for your vacation. Already have a vacation booked directly with Disney? Contact The Magic for Less Travel to see if they can help you find a lower rate.