Walt Disney World has many different waterways, and guests have access to a select number of them via resort boat transportation or watercraft that can be rented for recreational purposes. Walt Disney World also has two water parks for your swimming and sliding enjoyment.
Imagine boating down the Sassagoula River or cruising around the Seven Seas Lagoon with Cinderella’s Castle in the distance? How about floating along a “lazy river”?
Water Recreation Watercraft Rentals
Walt Disney World marinas rent a variety of watercraft for water recreation fun:
- Sun Tracker pontoon – This boat fits up to 10 guests, and the driver must be at least 18 years old.
Marinas with watercraft rental are located at the following Walt Disney World Resort hotels:
- Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground
- Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- Disney’s Old Key West Resort
- Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
- Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Disney’s Yacht Club Resort
- Downtown Disney Marketplace
All watercraft types are not available for rent at all marinas. Call 407-WDW-PLAY for pricing and more information.
Water Recreation Water Sports – Fishing
- Guided Fishing Excursions – Guests looking for a unique adventure at Walt Disney World can go fishing! You can choose between a pontoon boat that can accommodate up to 5 people and a tournament style NITRO bass boat that can accommodate up to 3 people. Two and four hour excursions are available. Excursions include an experienced guide, rod and reel, tackle, artificial and/or live bait, and non-alcoholic beverages. All fishing is catch-and-release only. Call 407-939-FISH for pricing and more information or to reserve a fishing excursion up to 60 days in advance.
- Dockside Fishing – Fishing gear can be rented at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground and at Disney’s Port Orleans Riverside Resort. All fishing is catch-and-release only.
Water Recreation Water Parks
Walt Disney World has two different water parks with themes that outshine other water parks. With waterslides, wave pools, and play areas for kids, these two parks are sure to provide lots of fun and relief from the heat of the Florida sun.
Water Recreation Specialty Cruises
Walt Disney World offers a wide variety of specialty cruises.
- Fireworks Cruise – Experience the fireworks of the Magic Kingdom or the fireworks of EPCOT on a private pontoon boat. In EPCOT, the pontoon boat will sail up the International Gateway near World Showcase Lagoon. Magic Kingdom boats provide the music that is synchronized to the fireworks show. Call 407-WDW-PLAY for pricing and more information.
- Specialty Cruises – Relax aboard a deluxe pontoon boat as it glides along the water. Board the boat at either a Magic Kingdom Resort marina for Bay Lake and the Seven Seas Lagoon or the marina at Disney’s Yacht Club Resort for Crescent Lake. Each Specialty Cruise comes complete with a Captain, and assorted snacks and soft drinks are served. A Specialty Cruise can be converted to a Celebration and Dining Cruise, complete with balloons and banner. Private Dining can deliver full feasts, personalized cakes, and champagne and strawberries to name a few (additional fee). Call 407-WDW-PLAY for pricing and more information.
Visit TheMouseForLess.com’s Walt Disney World Recreation Pricing and Info page for more Walt Disney World Activities information.