Walt Disney World has many different waterways, and guests have access to a select number of them via resort boat transportation or watercraft that can be rented for recreational purposes. Walt Disney World also has two water parks for your swimming and sliding enjoyment.
Imagine boating down the Sassagoula River or cruising around the Seven Seas Lagoon with Cinderella’s Castle in the distance? How about floating along a “lazy river”?
Water Recreation Watercraft Rentals
Walt Disney World marinas rent a variety of watercraft for water recreation fun:
- Sea Raycer – This mini-watercraft fits up to two guests with a total maximum weight of 320 pounds allowed. Drivers must be at least 12 years old and at least 5 feet tall. Guests younger than 12 may ride as passengers.
- Boston Whaler Montauk – This powerboat fits up to 6 guests. Guests must be at least 18 years old to drive. These boats are only allowed to travel the waterway in which they are rented.
- Sun Tracker pontoon – This boat fits up to 10 guests, and the driver must be at least 18 years old.
- Pedal Boats
Marinas with watercraft rental are located at the following Walt Disney World Resort hotels:
- Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground
- Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- Disney’s Old Key West Resort
- Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
- Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Disney’s Yacht Club Resort
- Downtown Disney Marketplace
All watercraft types are not available for rent at all marinas. Call 407-WDW-PLAY for pricing and more information.
Water Recreation Water Sports
- Guided Fishing Excursions – Guests can choose between a pontoon boat that can accommodate up to 5 people and a Bass boat that can accommodate up to 2 people. Excursions include an experienced guide, rod and reel, tackle, artificial and/or live bait, non-alcoholic beverages, and a one year BASS membership per excursion. All fishing is catch-and-release only. Call 407-939-BASS for pricing and more information or to reserve a fishing excursion up to 180 days in advance.
- Dockside Fishing – Casting-rod fishing gear can be rented at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground. Old-fashioned cane pole fishing gear can be rented at Disney’s Port Orleans Riverside Resort. All fishing is catch-and-release only.
Water Recreation Water Parks
Walt Disney World has two different water parks with themes that outshine other water parks. With waterslides, wave pools, and play areas for kids, these two parks are sure to provide lots of fun and relief from the heat of the Florida sun.
Water Recreation Specialty Cruises
Walt Disney World offers a wide variety of specialty cruises.
- Pirate Adventure Cruises – The Pirate Adventure Cruises are for children ages 4 – 12 (kids only), and the children must be potty-trained. The children will hear stories of pirates and follow clues to discover treasure. There are four different adventures available, and these adventures begin at different Walt Disney World Resort marinas. Each excursion takes place every day from 9:30 AM to 11:30 AM (weather- permitting). Call 407-WDW-PLAY for pricing and more information.
- Disney’s Pirate Adventure leaves from the marina at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa. This adventure includes the reading of “The Legend of Gasparilla”.
- The Islands of the Caribbean Pirate Cruise leaves from the marina at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort. Children on this adventure will hear the story of Old Port Royale and its pirate past.
- The Albatross Treasure Cruise leaves from the marina at Disney’s Yacht Club Resort. Children will listen to “The Legend of the Albatross”.
- The Bayou Pirate Adventure leaves from Disney’s Port Orleans Riverside Resort. Children will hear about the legend of Captain Jean Lafitte.
- Pirates and Pals Fireworks Voyage – This voyage sets sail from Disney’s Contemporary Resort. The evening starts with a snack and a send-off by Captain Hook and Mr. Smee. Then, the voyage sets off on a trip filled with sing-alongs, stories, and Disney trivia games. Next, guests will watch the fireworks burst over Cinderella’s Castle while listening to the accompanying choreographed music. If the weather and schedule permits, guests may even catch a close-up view of the Electrical Water Pageant containing barges covered with colorful lights to form sea animals and patriotic stars and stripes all set to accompanying music. During the trip back to Disney’s Contemporary Resort, pirate captain Patch tells the story of Peter Pan. After reaching the resort, there is one last surprise, so keep the camera handy. Call 407-WDW-PLAY for pricing and more information.
- Fireworks Cruise – Experience the fireworks of the Magic Kingdom or the fireworks of EPCOT on a private pontoon boat. In EPCOT, the pontoon boat will sail up the International Gateway near World Showcase Lagoon. Magic Kingdom boats provide the music that is synchronized to the fireworks show. Call 407-WDW-PLAY for pricing and more information.
- Specialty Cruises – Relax aboard a deluxe pontoon boat as it glides along the water. Board the boat at either a Magic Kingdom Resort marina for Bay Lake and the Seven Seas Lagoon or the marina at Disney’s Yacht Club Resort for Crescent Lake. Each Specialty Cruise comes complete with a Captain, and assorted snacks and soft drinks are served. A Specialty Cruise can be converted to a Celebration and Dining Cruise, complete with balloons and banner. Private Dining can deliver full feasts, personalized cakes, and champagne and strawberries to name a few (additional fee). Call 407-WDW-PLAY for pricing and more information.
- Grand 1 Yacht – Sail in style aboard a luxurious yacht called the Grand 1. The Grand 1 is a 52-foot Sea Ray Sedan Bridge Yacht, and it can hold up to 18 guests. Each trip on the Grand 1 includes an experienced Captain and a Deckhand to assist with sailing around Bay Lake and the Seven Seas Lagoon. An evening cruise offers the possibility of watching the fireworks from the Magic Kingdom, complete with synchronized audio aboard the yacht. Private Dining can be scheduled to provide a variety of food options. A Butler can be requested, but having a Butler will reduce the number of guests the Grand 1 can hold to 17. Private Dining and a Butler add additional fees. Call 407-WDW-PLAY for pricing and more information.
Visit TheMouseForLess.com’s Walt Disney World Recreation Pricing and Info page for more Walt Disney World Activities information.