°o° Disney’s Wilderness Lodge is a Deluxe resort located in the Magic Kingdom area. This resort has the feel of the great National Park lodges of the Northwest. °o° Enjoy our collection of Wilderness Lodge Top Ten Tips from our Mouse for Less Members.
- Two Pools: The Silver Creek Spring flows from the lobby, under the lobby window, and travels down toward the pool where it becomes a 15-foot waterfall that empties into the Silver Creek Springs Pool. There is a slide and children can even splash about in their own water play area complete with more slides and spraying water. There is also a separate beautifully themed pool located by the villas area of the resort and the new Copper Creek Villas that has recently opened, and we couldn’t leave that out of our Wilderness Lodge Top Ten Tips!
- Many recreation options: Guests can rent bikes and boats at the Teton Boat & Bike rental. You can also take guided fishing tours and enjoy the volley ball court, health club, children’s playground and beach area. There is also a walking/jogging trail that leads to Disney’s Ft. Wilderness campgrounds and resorts. There is always so much to do at the Wilderness Lodge and you can check out the activities calendar for a complete list of resort activities.
- Night time activities:You will be tempted to stay at the resort in the evening to enjoy movies under the stars, campfires and s’mores, and the great viewing location for Disney’s Electrical Water Pageant. You can even catch some of the higher Magic Kingdom fireworks from the Wilderness Lodge Beach.
- Fire Rock Geyser: Be sure to watch the Fire Rock Geyser, located between the Silver Creek Springs Pool and Bay Lake. The geyser was designed to imitate Old Faithful from Yellowstone National Park. Fire Rock Geyser shoots water 120-feet into the air every hour on the hour from early morning until 10:00 p.m. This is one our favorite Wilderness Lodge Top Ten Tips!
- The spectacular lobby: The lobby of the Wilderness Lodge is awe inspiring. As you step into the eight-story lobby, you may immediately be drawn to the 82 foot tall fireplace. This fireplace is as tall as the hill in Splash Mountain in the Magic Kingdom. Don’t miss the totem poles, the chandeliers and the many lobby details. You can also find many hidden Mickey’s in the lobby and around the resort. Ask at the concierge desk for a list of clues to help you find these hidden gems.
- Quiet seating areas located throughout the resort: Each floor has a quiet spot with chairs, but there are also some hidden locations where you can relax too. As you enter the Wilderness Lodge, turn around and look up. You may catch a glimpse of one of the secret seating spots complete with comfy chairs and a fireplace. Take the stairs located near the lobby restrooms to get to this great location. There are also great rocking chairs located in front of that spectacular lobby fireplace too.
- Online Check-In: Want to save time and go right to your room? Utilize Disney’s Online Check-In and skip waiting for your room! Your MagicBands will unlock the room door and if you arrive at Disney early, the My Disney Experience app will let you know when your room is ready.
- Great dining options: The Wilderness Lodge has some great spots to eat. Try Roaring Fork, the great Quick Service dining spot. Have a rootin’ tootin’ good time a Whispering Canyon Café which features all you care to eat skillets. If you are looking for something a bit more refined, Artist Point is one of the best Signature Dining locations in Walt Disney World. Territory Lounge is also a great spot for a drink and appetizers.
- Boat Transportation: The Wilderness Lodge offers boat transportation to the Magic Kingdom and also to Disney’s Contemporary Resort and Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground.
- Extra Magic Hours: Staying on Disney property has a daily great perk. Every day certain parks are opened early or kept open specifically for guests staying at a Disney Resort. So go and enjoy a little extra Disney park magic! Check out our Extra Magic Hour Schedule here.
Looking for a great rate for your Disney Vacation? Let The Magic for Less Travel, an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner, work for you. Their concierge services are always provided free of charge. The Magic for Less Travel will help you find the best published or unpublished discount for your vacation. Already have a vacation booked directly with Disney? Contact The Magic for Less Travel to see if they can help you find a lower rate.