°o° Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort is a Deluxe resort in the Magic Kingdom area. It is one of the 3 monorail resorts. This resort is a seaside resort modeled after San Diego’s Hotel del Coronado. There are many reason to visit this beautiful resort that Disney calls it’s flagship resort, but here are our Grand Floridian Resort and Spa Top Ten Tips°o°
Grand Floridian Resort and Spa Top Ten Tips
- Parade of the Housekeepers. If you get up early in the morning on Mondays and Fridays (around 8 am), you can see the parade of over fifty parasol-toting housekeepers walking slowly from the marina through the courtyard.
- Fine Dining. There are three signature dining locations at the resort: Victoria & Albert’s, Narcoossee’s and Citricos.
- Relax on the Beach. Take some time to enjoy the white-sand beach! In the evening, you can watch the Electrical Water Pageant. Check with the front desk for times.
- Beauty Salon. Would you like to get your hair done? The Ivey Trellis Salon is available for hair and nail treatments.
- Pools. There are 2 pools. The Beach Pool has a beach, zero-depth entry, a water slide, water falls, and cabana rentals. In the evenings you may be able to catch some of the higher fireworks from the Magic Kingdom while relaxing in the pool.
- PhotoPass Kiosk. There is a Disney’s PhotoPass Kiosk for viewing and ordering photos.
- Monorail. The monorail stop is located off the Grand Lobby second floor.
- Tea Party. The My Disney Girl’s Perfectly Princess Tea Party Menu is held daily for children ages 4-12. Disney charactersjoin the children for an hour full of stories, games, and “tea” (apple juice). There is an additional fee for this experience, and space is limited.
- Character Meals. 1900 Park Fare hosts 2 character meals: Supercalifragilistic Breakfast and Cinderella’s Happily Ever After Dinner.
- Movies Under the Stars. There are nightly “Movies Under the Stars” by the courtyard pool.
Do you feel there is some other tips that should be included in Grand Floridian Resort and Spa Top Ten Tips? Send us an email