°o° Disney’s Port Orleans Riverside Resort is a Moderate resort located in the Downtown Disney area. It was formerly called Dixie Landings. Because it is a sister resort of Disney’s Port Orleans French Quarter, many amenities are shared between the two resorts. °o°
- Online Check-In: Want to save time and go right to your room? Utilize Disney’s Online Check-In and skip waiting for your room! Your MagicBands will unlock the room door and if you arrive at Disney early, the My Disney Experience app will let you know when your room is ready.
- Pools: Disney’s Port Orleans Riverside has a total of 6 pools throughout the resort, including the large pool on Ol’ Man Island.
- Bike Rental: Rent a bike or surrey to ride around the scenic river path.
- Carriage Rides: Would you like to ride in a horse-drawn carriage? These carriages depart from Boatwright’s Dining Hall and can hold 4 adults or 2 adults and 3 small children. This 25-minute trip costs $45.
- Fishing: Are you looking for a relaxing afternoon of fishing? There is an area on Ol’ Man Island for catch and release fishing.
- Pirate Adventure Cruise: Have your little pirates go for a spin on the Sassagoula River and learn about the New Orleans pirate Captain Jean Lafittee. Children ages 4-12 can search for pirate treasure on the Pirate Adventure Cruise.
- Travel By Boat: Do you want to go to Disney Springs? Take the boat up the river to Disney’s Port Orleans French Quarter or Disney Springs.
- Restaurants: Looking for something to eat? There is the Riverside Mill Food Court and Boatwright’s Dining Hall, a Table Service serving dinner only. Or you could take a walk or boat to Disney’s Port Orleans French Quarter and eat at Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory. Another option would be to take the boat to Disney Springs. There are so many options at this resort.
- Movies Under the Stars: There are nightly “Movies Under the Stars” in the courtyard at Oak Manor.
- Entertainment: River Roost Lounge hosts Yehaa Bob on certain nights of the week. Check it out for great entertainment.
Looking for a great rate for your Disney Vacation? Let The Magic for Less Travel, an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner, work for you. Their concierge services are always provided free of charge. The Magic for Less Travel will help you find the best published or unpublished discount for your vacation. Already have a vacation booked directly with Disney? Contact The Magic for Less Travel to see if they can help you find a lower rate.