Contrary to popular beliefs, Walt Disney World is not just a place for kids and families but is also a great place for a romantic escape for newlyweds, those celebrating their anniversaries, and couples looking for some magical romance. More and more couples are taking kid-free vacations or even bringing grandparents, aunts, uncles, and more on vacation allowing for the opportunity to have a romantic Disney date. So, if you are looking for budget friendly dates, we have some great suggestions. Budget friendly dates range from free, to moderate, and yes, there are certainly a few splurges. It doesn’t matter if you are on a tight budget or want to spend for a special event. One of these experiences is bound to bring some romance to your trip and help you create some special memories along the way.
Free or Inexpensive Dates
Here are a few Disney budget friendly dates. These are ideas that won’t break the bank. There are even a few that are free!
- Walks: taking leisurely strolls throughout Walt Disney World property and enjoying the atmosphere is a great way to spend time together. Best of all, it doesn’t cost a thing! The Disney resorts each provide unique atmospheres with wonderful walkways for Guests to enjoy. From the bayous of Port Orleans Riverside to the sandy beaches of Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort and Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort, you are sure to find a romantic path to enjoy.
- Activities: Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground is a great place to rent canoes, pedal boats or sea racers. Most of these are budget friendly options. In addition, a variety of resorts on property also offer bike rentals. If you are an active couple, this is another way to spend time together while taking in the sights and sounds of the resorts.
- Animal Kingdom Lodge: this resort is romantic within itself. Head here for a drink or snack while watching the animals on the savanna.
- Boat Rides: Disney offers FREE boat rides between different Disney resorts and parks. You can take a boat from Port Orleans Riverside and Disney Springs. There are also boats to and from Magic Kingdom and Polynesian Resort and the Grand Floridian.
- Fireworks: Both Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort and Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort are great places to take in the Magic Kingdom fireworks.
- Movies: All resorts offer outdoor movies. There is something special about watching a Disney movie in Walt Disney World. Grab some beach towels and get ready to watch a movie under the stars.
- Entertainment: Disney offers so many different entertainment options that you are sure to find something romantic. At Disney’s Port Orleans Riverside, you can find YeHaa Bob Jackson entertaining guests at River Roost one of the lounges. Just down the way you can visit Port Orleans French Quarter’s Scat Cat’s Club. This club is known for Southern-style jazz that is sure to get your body movin’.
- In the Parks: Although you might be running from ride to ride, make sure to take some time in the parks themselves to be romantic. You can find some nice, relaxing spots to sit and just enjoy one another while maybe grabbing a Dole Whip or another treat. Visit a ride or show that you haven’t done before or stop and enjoy the many street shows that pop up throughout the parks. Overall, slow down and enjoy each other.
Moderately Priced Ideas
If you’re looking to spend a little on making your date experience special, here are some helpful suggestions that are still budget friendly dates.
- Consider purchasing Disney’s Memory Maker. This something that is highly recommend for all couples (and all Guests, really) to capture those special moments. Coming in at under $200, you can take as many pictures as you want while in Disney. You’ll then be able to download them allowing you to have pictures together, as well as have ride pictures.
- Restaurants: There are some great, relatively moderately priced table service restaurants in Walt Disney World. Consider Boma at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge and ‘Ohana at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort. Both offer great atmospheres as well as wonderful food that is different than what you can find in the parks. Coral Reef, Sanaa, and The BOATHOUSE are other options that can provide a great dining.
- Lounges: Lounges are located throughout Disney property and provide a variety of entertainment. Around the Magic Kingdom area the Steakhouse 71 Lounge, Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto and Citricos Lounge are lounges that have drinks and small food options that will make you feel relaxed and give you time to enjoy one another.
- BoardWalk: Heading to the BoardWalk is another outstanding way to have a romantic evening together. You can start at the AbracadaBar where you will be entertained by the magic that comes to life. From there you can visit Flying Fish for a nice meal or even grab some ice cream and people watch. The BoardWalk is always hopping with entertainment and fun way to spend the evening together.
- Activities: If you are looking for something special to do without breaking the bank, Disney offers some unique activities throughout property. Golfing and mini-golfing are options for those that want to hit the greens. Both Winter Summerland and Fantasia Gardens are Disney’s two mini-golf courses. You can find a number of championship golf courses at Walt Disney World, as well. Other options would be to take a carriage ride at Disney’s Port Orleans Riverside, horseback ride at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Lodge, or take in a movie at the AMC theatres in Disney Springs.
A Few Ways to Splurge
It is always fun to have at least one activity, meal or event that is a little bit of a splurge, even if on a budget.
- Special Dining: Disney has a variety of restaurants that provide a special dining experience. Booking California Grill at the Contemporary Resort for dinner is a great way to watch the Magic Kingdom’s fireworks during your meal. Victoria and Albert’s is a fine dining experience where you take in fine cuisine. For an even more unique experience, you could try the Chef’s Table. Other special dining experience can be found at Tiffins, Narcoossee’s, and Citricos.
- Special Parties: At Magic Kingdom you are able to book special dessert parties most evenings. This would a great way to way to take in the evening show while enjoying special desserts. You can also book a variety of cruises from specialty cruises that will take you around Bay Lake and Seven Seas Lagoon to Fireworks Cruise that provide you with a unique viewing for the fireworks at either EPCOT or the Magic Kingdom.
- Spas: what is more romantic and relaxing than enjoying a couples spa together? After spending some time in the parks, take a day to relax and be pampered. Senses- A Disney Spa can be found at both Disney’s Grand Floridian as well as at Disney’s Saratoga Springs.