Concept art courtesy Walt Disney Company
At the Mickey Shorts Theater, get star struck at Disney’s Hollywood Studios when you join your best pals for a one-of-a-kind animated short featuring everyone’s favorite mouse and his leading lady.
Everything at this Hollywood theater is inspired by Mickey and Minnie – from fun, colorful architecture and framed movie posters, to hidden surprises just waiting to be discovered. The show, Vacation Fun, celebrates Mickey and Minnie’s favorite vacation memories, with never-before-seen animation mixed with clips from favorites like Panda-monium, Couples Sweaters, Potatoland, Croissant de Triomphe, Entombed, Dumb Luck, Al Rojo Vivo, Yodelburg and Outback at Ya!.
After the show, step into life-sized recreations of Mickey’s world and pose for a vacation photo with family and friends.
Opening Day: March 4, 2020
Type of Ride: Movie
Age Recommendation: All ages.
Duration of Ride: 11 minutes
Typical Queue Time: Short. Most days should just have to wait for next show.
Single Rider Line: No
Chicken Exit Available: No
Baby Swap Available: No
Type of Vehicle: None. Theater show.
Type of Restraint: None
Attraction Open During EMH: Yes, both morning and evening. See our Extra Magic Hours page for more information.
Ride Photo Available For Purchase: No
Height Requirements: None. Assistive Listening, Audio Description, and Reflective Captioning services are available.
Flash Photography or Video Allowed: No
Shopping: Nearby shopping includes Tatooine Traders, the Indiana Jones Adventure Outpost, and “Frozen” Fractal Gifts.
Dining/Refreshment: A plethora of restaurants can be found near the Mikey Shorts Theater. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner are served buffet style at Hollywood & Vine; the former two meals feature characters, such as Princess Sofia the First and Doc McStuffins, from the Disney Channel’s “Disney Jr.”, while dinner includes appearances from Minnie Mouse and other classic Disney characters. Meanwhile,50’s Prime Time Café serves home-style dishes, such as chicken pot pie, fried chicken, and meatloaf, and milkshakes; this restaurant is known for the servers “playacting” with diners, so inform him or her if you would rather dine regularly. Guests preferring a counter service meal can enjoy burgers, hot dogs, and chicken and waffles at Backlot Express; and hot dogs and sausage at Min & Bill’s Dockside Diner.
Restroom: Restrooms are nearby the attraction, next to the Olaf meet and greet location.
Smoking Location: Smoking is permitted in designated smoking areas only. Disney parks are smoke free.
Mickey Shorts Theater Fun Facts
Did you know?
- The shorts featured here are based on the new series by artist Paul Rudish. This first season was released in 2013.
- The “Mickey Shorts” of this theater are both the cartoons on the screen, and the design of the seats!
- Croissant de Triomphe, one of shorts included in Vacation Fun, won three Emmy Awards in 2013, including Outstanding Short-format Animated Program.
- The voice of Mickey Mouse here is Chris Diamantopoulos, who voices Mickey in a characterization closer to the original Walt Disney voicing.
- The opening of the Mickey Shorts Theater is tied to Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway, an attraction where you travel inside the cartoons.
- The Mickey Shorts Theater is in a building that was previously known as the ABC Sound Studio. This theater featured several sound-based attractions over the years, including Monster Sound Show and Sounds Dangerous, and more recently a collection of Star Wars moments called Star Wars: Path of the Jedi.
Check back soon!
Sponsored Ad: Learn more about Hidden Mickey details and location throughout Walt Disney World in A Field Guide to Walt Disney World’s Best Kept Secrets .
Top 5 Tips for Mickey Shorts Theater
- The Mickey Shorts Theater is fun and air conditioned, so is a great way to take a mid-day break.
- If you aren’t familiar with this series of shorts, definitely try to check our Vacation Fun before riding Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway.
- Make sure you set aside time for the life-sized recreation of Mickey’s world after the show.
- 11 minutes not enough? 5 seasons of Mickey Shorts are available on Disney+
- Mickey and Minnie both greet guests around the corner from the Mickey Shorts Theater in special outfits – Sorcerer Mickey and glamorous red carpet-ready Minnie.