Magic Kingdom | Fantasyland
Become part of Goofy’s circus act on this family-friendly roller coaster attraction.
Opening Day: March 12, 2012
Type of Ride: Roller coaster
Age Recommendation: 4 and up
Duration of Ride: 53 seconds
Typical Queue Time: Moderate; typically peaks at 30 minutes
Single Rider Line: No
FastPass+: Yes. Visit our FastPass+ Guide for more information on FastPass+.
Chicken Exit Available: No
Baby Swap Available: Yes
Type of Vehicle: Plane-themed roller coaster cars
Type of Restraint: Lap bar
Attraction Open During EMH: Yes; both morning and evening. See our Extra Magic Hours page for more information.
Ride Photo Available For Purchase: No
Height Requirements: 35 inches
Flash Photography or Video Allowed: No
Park Map of Magic Kingdom:
Other Rides/Attractions In the Area:
This attraction is located in the Magic Kingdom’s Fantasyland.
Shopping: Assorted souvenirs, many with a circus theme, are available for purchase nearby at “Big Top Souvenirs.”
Dining/Refreshment: Located inside “Big Top Souvenirs,” Big Top Treats offers an array of snack options, including cotton candy, caramel corn, cookies, fudge, cake pops, cupcakes, and specialty apples. Guests can enjoy a counter service lunch, a table service dinner, and a hybrid breakfast nearby at Be Our Guest Restaurant. ADRs are strongly recommended for all meals at Be Our Guest Restaurant.
Restroom: Restrooms convenient to Barnstormer Starring The Great Goofini are located at the Fantasyland “Walt Disney World Railroad” station.
Smoking Location: Smoking is permitted in designated smoking areas only. Magic Kingdom smoking areas can be found on our Walt Disney World Designated Smoking Areas page.
Barnstormer Starring The Great Goofini Fun Facts
Did you know?
- On Barnstormer Starring The Great Goofini, guests impersonate stunt plane riders in a daredevil circus act. Goofy serves as your pilot!
- Barnstormer Starring The Great Goofini reaches a top speed of 25 miles-per-hour.
- A faux ticket booth sits at the entrance to Barnstormer Starring The Great Goofini’s queue.
- Props, including cannon with cannonballs, a dartboard, and a rocket ship, dot the queue.
- During the coaster proper, guests receive good views of Dumbo the Flying Elephant and “crash” through a billboard.
- Barnstormer Starring The Great Goofini is 53 seconds in duration, 20 of which are spent ascending the first hill, which represents an observation tower.
- Theme change notwithstanding, Barnstormer Starring The Great Goofini is essentially the same attraction as “Barnstormer at Goofy’s Wiseacre Farm,” which occupied the same ground from 1996 to 2011. During these years, this section of Fantasyland was a separate land, “Mickey’s Toontown Fair.”
- “Barnstormer at Goofy’s Wiseacre Farm” replaced “Grandma Duck’s Petting Farm,” a petting zoo that operated between 1988 and 1996. The highlight of “Grandma Duck’s Petting Farm” was a cow named “Minnie Moo,” who had a Hidden Mickey spot on the side of her body. After the petting farm’s closure, Minnie Moo resided at Fort Wilderness until her death in 2001.
- Guests can interact with The Great Goofini nearby at “Pete’s Silly Sideshow.”
Top 5 Tips for Barnstormer Starring The Great Goofini
- Barnstormer Starring The Great Goofini is the best “beginner” coaster at the Magic Kingdom, with Seven Dwarfs Mine Train and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, respectively, being slightly more intense, and Space Mountain being much more intense because of that coaster’s darkness.
- Especially on busier days, Barnstormer Starring The Great Goofini is an adequate use of FastPass Plus for parties consisting of children and guests unsure of roller coasters. It is a poor use of FastPass Plus, however, for guests intent on experiencing the Magic Kingdom’s thrill rides, such as Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.
- Non-riding guests should consider bringing a camera to photograph family and friends enjoying the coaster.
- The coaster cars may be a tight fit for many adult riders.
- Check out the details in the queue.