Keeping Your Phone Charged at Walt Disney World
In the modern world it is essential to have your phone charged and ready to go all the time. This is especially essential while at Walt Disney World in case you get separated from your group or need to update a dining or FastPass reservation on the MyDisneyExperience app. You can charge your phone at any empty and easily accessible plug-in, but please remember not to go into Cast Member only areas and do not unplug anything that is already plugged in at an outlet that you find.
Here are some tips on extending the battery charge of your phone:
- Be sure that all unnecessary apps are turned off and background apps are not running. This can be done by turning off “background app refresh” on devices.
- For iPhone users, enable “Low Power Mode”.
- If there are no devices connected, turn off your device’s bluetooth option.
- Delete any apps or widgets that may be using up a lot of battery life, then reinstall them later in the evening or when you return from your vacation.
- Minimize the usage of the camcorder option on cell phones, as long recording times takes up a significant amount of battery life.
- If it is asked that cell phones are silenced or turned off during an attraction, simply switch the device into airplane mode. The cell phone will use more power turning back on than it will coming out of airplane mode.
If conserving energy for your phone isn’t enough, we have found a number of places and methods at Walt Disney World to keep your phone charged. At most restaurants in the parks, outlets can be found along the walls. In addition, there are multiple locations where guests can find convenient stations to take a break and plug in their cell phones.
Keeping Your Phone Charged at Walt Disney World in all Four Parks
FuelRod: FuelRod is a portable battery that you can purchase in the parks for $30.00. This is a one time fee, and after you use the charge on the Fuel Rod, you can exchange it for a freshly charged FuelRod. (You can apparently do this an unlimited number of times.) This FuelRod package comes with a six inch USB chord that has adaptors for Androids and iPhones (both30 pin and lightning). These chargers can add up to eight hours of charge to your phones. Once purchased, the FuelRod chargers are for the you to keep. If the charger happens to die while you are in the parks and you are near a FuelRod station, you can swap out the dead one for a fully charged one; free of charge! At the end of the trip, guests get to take the charger home with them.
Guest Relations: You can charge your phone at Guest Relations where they have a selection of charger cables available for guest use.
First aid and Baby Centers: there are available outlets.
- The exit to Space Mountain near the arcade
- The Tomorrowland Terrace
- Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe: In the hallway outside the restrooms there are outlets.
- The tent at the back of Storybook circus near Dumbo and Barnstormer, next to Pete’s Silly Sideshow
- Tangled Rest Area: Outside of the Tangled restrooms in Fantasyland, there are benches and tables with places to plug in and charge your electronic devices (outlets in the “stumps”).
- Columbia Harbor House is noted for having an abundance of outlets!
Fuel Rod Locations:
- Tomorrowland Light and Power Co.
- Big Top Souvenirs
- Pecos Bill’s
- Curtain Call Collectables
- The Land and the Seas: At both of these attractions there are wall outlets to be found.
- Inventions: There is not a lot in Innoventions right now, but there are wall outlets you can use to charge up your phone.
- Outside Character Spot: There is an area with dining tables behind Fountain View and Character Spot. Here there are outlets your can use to charge up your devices.
- Electric Umbrella: This quick service dining location has available outlets.
- Norway and Morocco are known for having multiple outlets
- Disney Traders
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Star Wars Launch Bay: There are a few benches near wall outlets in Star Wars Launch Bay.
- ABC Commissary: Outlets can be found in this quick service dining location.
- Backlot Express: Outlets can be found in this quick service dining location.
- PizzeRizzo: Outlets can be found in this quick service dining location.
- Celebrity 5 & 10
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
Because Animal Kingdom is a park that celebrates nature and the outdoors, there are fewer locations for charging electronic devices in this park. Look in and around buildings and restaurants to find places to restore that phone battery. Don’t forget that you can always take your phone to Guest Relations to be charged.
- Pizzafari: Outlets can be found in this quick service dining location.
- Finding Nemo Theater: Outlets can be found near the benches
- Shops on Discovery Island: Check out shops in Animal Kingdom for outlets.
- Island Mercantile
- Marketplace Disney Photo Imaging
ESPN Wide World of Sports
- ESPN Clubhouse Shop