Plan to Save For Your Vacation
- Disney Authorized Vacation Planner
- Disney Gift Cards
- Disney Visa Rewards Card
- Purchase Tickets at a Discount
- Disney Guide Book
- Orlando Magicard
- Disney's PhotoPass CD
- Join TheMouseForLess Group
- Join TheMouseForLess Discussion Forum
- Subscribe to Magically Speaking
- Know How To Get Discounts
- Tips From TheMouseForLess to Save for Your Trip
For Current Deals Look for the Mickey Ears
• For those who routinely purchase Disney movies, music, toys and video games on Amazon.com, now you can access them all in one convenient place using this special link and get some great prices. Or access The Official Disney Store on Amazon.com
• Here's a convenient way to purchase tickets for Disney movies playing in theaters. Buy Your Movie Tickets Online at Fandango and Skip the Lines! Plus take advantage of many offers that allow you to get your movie ticket Free.
Use a Disney Authorized Vacation Planner
Based on the need to fill rooms, Disney offers a variety of discounts and special promotions throughout the year for Walt Disney World Resort Rooms and Vacation Packages. These discounts come in the form of strategically released codes. If you are not keeping abreast of discounts, you could miss out on saving hundreds of dollars. You can do the footwork of finding these discounts yourself, or you can use a Disney specialized travel agent to make sure you don't miss out on any savings. Not all Disney-specialized travel agencies are equal, though. Visit our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners page to learn more about what set's these Disney-specialized travel agencies apart.
Purchase Disney Gift Cards for Birthdays and Other Occasions.
Vacations to Disney are often planned well in advance and Disney Gift Cards are the perfect way to save for your trip. They're prefect to give to the kids (or yourself) for Birthdays and Holiday presents. They can be ordered online, personalized with a message, and Disney ships them free of charge. The Disney Gift Card can be used for purchases at participating locations at Walt Disney World Resort, Disneyland Resort, aboard Disney cruises, at Disney Store retail locations throughout the U.S. and on DisneyShopping.com (Disney Gift Cards can not be used to make online ticket purchases). They come in $25 denominations and can be used in the parks to buy merchandise, meals, recreational activities, pay for room charges at Disney-owned hotels, park tours, theme park admission tickets and annual passes (some restrictions may apply). Visit Disney's web site to purchase one. Plus, you can download the free Disney Gift Card App from the iTune Store to view your current balance right from your iphone, ipod touch or ipad.
Sign up for a Disney Visa Rewards Card
The Disney Rewards Visa Card from Chase Bank is Disney's official rewards credit card, and as such, offers cardholders a variety of Disney discounts, theme park perks, special promotions and advance vacation booking opportunities and more. While not the best rewards card available, it does present certain advantages for those who enjoy visiting Disney often or for those planning and saving for a Disney vacation far in advance. To learn more, visit our Disney Rewards Visa Card page.
Buy Tickets at a Discount
Walt Disney World admission tickets, as well as tickets to other Orlando attractions, can often be purchased online at a discount from vendors who buy them in bulk and pass the savings on to consumers. Undercover Tourist offers discounts on a wide variety of Walt Disney World Magic Your Way Tickets. This is a very reliable vendor that offers some of the best online ticket discounts to be found. When comparing ticket prices with those sold by other online vendors, be sure to note that Undercover Tourist tickets include tax and free shipping in the price displayed. There are no additional fees. Some ticket vendors quote tickets without including sales tax or shipping and handling. Read the fine print and make sure you know what is included in the price you are being offered. Undercover Tourist will ship free of charge to the United States, Canada, and the UK.
Invest in a Disney Guide Book
A good Walt Disney World guide book can be helpful in planning your vacation and helping to make choices that work well with your budget. Here are a few that guide books that TheMouseForLess Recommends:
- The DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining - This popular guide to Walt Disney World dining is available for download as an ebook. TheMouseForLess web site visitors and readers can enter promo code TMFL during purchase and save $1 off on The DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining or any of the great books in the Disney Food Blog collection. See a review of this book on the MFL Blog.
- Birnbaum's Walt Disney World 2013 - This is the official guide book to Disney. In addition to a wealth of planning information, this book is also a source of valuable coupons. Previous editions have come with plenty of discount coupons that include select Walt Disney World tours, restaurants, shops, recreation and more.
- Unofficial Guide Walt Disney World 2013 - This is probably the most comprehensive Disney guide book available on the market and gives very objective opinions, telling you both the good and the bad.
- PassPorter's Walt Disney World 2013 - This guide book is unique among guide books in that it is also a planner, organizer, journal and keepsake. There are lots of places to carry your travel documents, record important information and more. See a review of this book on the MFL Blog.
- TheMouseForLess has compiled a complete selection of selection of 2013 Disney Guide books in our MouseForLess Guide Book Store or visit your local library and read a current one for free.
Order an Orlando Magicard
The Orlando/Orange County Convention and Visitors Bureau allows web site visitors to sign up for the Orlando Preferred Visitor Magicard. You can download and print a Magicard or request a Magicard online. If you plan on exploring beyond Walt Disney World borders, this discount coupon book is free from the Orlando Visitors Bureau and offers discount coupons to many area restaurants, attractions, hotels, and rental cars. You can download and print a Magicard or request one online for free. See a list of discounts on area Dinner shows and Attractions
Save on Disney's PhotoPass CD or PhotoPass+
Disney's PhotoPass gives park guests the opportunity to have great high-resolution photos taken by Disney Photographers using state-of-the-art digital equipment at picturesque locations. Even better, your photos can be accessed, shared, and ordered online. Disney's PhotoPass service is free in the parks, but is not cheap to purchase photos online. There are a number of discounts that can make purchasing your PhotoPass photos a little more affordable, though. To see all of our PhotoPass money-saving tips and learn how to get a special discount offer on a pre-ordered PhotoCD or PhotoPass+, visit our PhotoPass page and look for the dollar bill icons.
Join TheMouseForLess Group For Lots of Additional Disney Vacation Savings!
By joining TheMouseForLess Group you can receive an additional $1 off TourGuideMiKE's Automated Vacation Planner. That's just one of the ways you'll save. Members of the TheMouseForLess Group are entitled to many exclusive discounts not available to the general public. Visit the following pages to see just a few:
TheMousForLess is a Free email list. By joining our community you will have access to our member benefits, including exclusive discounts that aren't available publicly on our web site, money saving techniques and lots of Disney fun too. Additionally, MFL members receive the expert recommendations of our veteran members who have visited the Disney parks many times over. To learn more or to join, click here.
Join TheMouseForLess Discussion Forum
Get all your vacation planning questions answered by our veteran members and board moderators. Our discussion boards cover all Disney Destinations and vacations such as Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland Paris, Disneyland Hong Kong, Tokyo Disneyland, Disney Vacation Club, plus share money saving ideas and tips. To learn more or to join, click here.
Subscribe to Magically Speaking
If you are thinking about a Walt Disney World Resort, Disneyland or Disney Cruise Line vacation, you'll want to subscribe to our free and informative news letter, Magically Speaking. Twice each month this electronic publication is sent out to subscribers packed full of the latest tips and information concerning Disney destinations. To subscribe to Magically Speaking simply click here and entered your email address.
Know How to Find Discounts
You can locate savings throughout TheMouseForLess.com web site. If you are planning a Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line or Universal Resort Orlando vacation, the absolute best place to start is on our Current Code page. Other great places to check are the following pages:
- Magic Your Way Vacation Packages for Every Budget
- Spend Less Money in the Parks
- Walt Disney World Ticket Discounts
- Orlando Attraction Ticket Discounts
- Dining Tips and Coupons
- Airfare Discounts
- Money-Saving Driving Tips
- Car Rental Discounts
- Walt Disney World Resort Options
- Clip Grocery Coupons and Save!
Don't forget to stop by Disney's web site and order your free Disney Vacation Planning CD.
Tips From TheMouseForLess to Save for Your Trip
Accruing cash for your vacation is just a matter of creativity. Here are a few ideas from MFL Group Members:
- If you use coupons or purchase something on sale, take the difference
between the regular price and what you saved, round it up to the nearest dollar and put that amount into your savings account. ~ Joan F.
- Look for rebates. I enlist family members to help. When I find an item we all could use, I purchase it for everyone and fill out the rebates. If it's an item that I could use several of, I submit a rebate for each family member. So instead of 1 check for $3.50 I would get 3 x
$3.50. ~ Dorothy B.
- Any money that I take out of the family checking account for carry-around cash,
if not spent by the next payday, goes into my Disney savings account. ~ Dorothy B.
- I try to put a little bit of money every week on a Disney gift card. instead of buying coffees 2 or 3 times a week, I put it on a card. The last time we went to Disney, I had saved around $500. That was a pretty good chunk of our food budget. ~ Becky in Illinois
- We have a continuous "trip fund" savings account. In it goes any rebate and taste test checks, money from pop cans in for recycling, and the collected loose change from the end of each day. We'll also put in part of our tax refunds, have a garage sale, take any old books and videos we don't want any more to HalfPrice Books who'll buy them from us. ~ Shannon
- Last year when I was planning a family trip I started buying Disney Gift Cards about a year before the vacation. I bought one for each of my kids, their significant others and my grandson and once a month I added money to one of the cards. This gave me a great excuse to go to my local Disney Store. By the time we went they each had enough money to spend on whatever they wanted. It was easier to spend a small amount each month rather than giving out cash while on vacation. ~ Debra B
- As soon as we know we will be taking a Disney vacation, we begin
saving all of our quarters and pennies for the pressed penny
machines. Pressed pennies are fun, inexpensive Disney souvenirs for
our children. The kids help with the savings by earning quarters and
finding pennies wherever we go. It's a small savings, but
it gets the children involved and teaches them to save, too. ~ mablawson
- Toiletries Items--after you have planned your vacation dates, throw in one or two items with your grocery list if you shop someplace like Wal-mart. It helps you stay organized and buying one of two items each time you get groceries, you won't have such a big list of items to buy before your vacation. Also, Big Lots and Dollar General...a lot of times they get big sales on name brand items and you really get a deal on toothpaste, toothbrushes, deodorant...all things you need to take on vacation with you. ~ Heidi H.