°o° Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground is located in the Magic Kingdom area. Set on 750 wooded acres, this campground offers the you the ability to camp in the great outdoors while being just a boat or a bus ride from the parks. Here are our Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground Top Ten Tips.°o°
- Not “Just” a Campground: Disney’s Fort Wilderness has 784 campsites and 409 cabins, so if you are not into the full camping scene but would like to have the campground amenities, the cabins might be a great option for you. The cabins have a full kitchen and can sleep 6 plus one child under 3 in a crib.
- Movie Under the Stars: Chip ‘n Dale host a campfire sing-a-long followed by a Disney “Movie Under the Stars”.
- Relax by the Beach: Take some time to relax on Bay Lake Beach (swimming prohibited). If you are around at 9:45 pm, you can enjoy watching the Electric Water Pageant as it floats by.
- Recreational Activities: At Tri-Circle-D Ranch, there are several fun activities offered: 45-minute guided horseback rides, stable tours, carriage rides, holiday sleigh rides. (Additional fees may apply.)
- Watercraft Rental: Would you like to take a spin out on Bay Lake? Rent a watercraft at the marina.
- Swimming Pools: Take advantage of the two pools: Ol’ Meadow Swimmin’ Hole near the campground and the Wilderness Pool in the cabins area.
- Online Check-In: Want to save time and go right to your room? Utilize Disney’s Online Check-In and skip waiting for your room! Your MagicBands will unlock the room door and if you arrive at Disney early, the My Disney Experience app will let you know when your room is ready.
- Character Dinner Show: Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue is a foot-stompin’, belly-laughin’ dinner show that is Disney World’s longest-running dinner show.
- Casual Dining: Trail’s End Restaurant has a buffet-style breakfast and dinner. Along with a table-service lunch.
- Extra Magic Hours: Staying on Disney property has a daily great perk. Every day certain parks are opened early or kept open specifically for guests staying at a Disney Resort. So go and enjoy a little extra Disney park magic! Check out our Extra Magic Hour Schedule here.
Looking for a great rate for your Disney Vacation? Let The Magic for Less Travel, an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner, work for you. Their concierge services are always provided free of charge. The Magic for Less Travel will help you find the best published or unpublished discount for your vacation. Already have a vacation booked directly with Disney? Contact The Magic for Less Travel to see if they can help you find a lower rate.