Disney’s Hollywood Studios | Animation Courtyard
Children visiting Disney’s Hollywood Studios will have a blast at this experience where they can show off their moves, catch bubbles and more at a fun-filled party featuring favorite Disney Junior Characters and music.
DJ Deejay will get the celebration started and Host Finn Fiesta welcomes Disney Junior pals to this star-studded event. The party will be joined Doc McStuffins, who will cure your dance fever during a fun-filled musical number. Next, “Zuka Zama Zum Zum” alongside Timon from The Lion Guard. And get down and boo-gie with everyone’s favorite vampire girl, Vampirina. At the end of the experience, Mickey Mouse from Mickey and the Roadster Racers will have you awaiting his arrival. Can he make it in time to be part of the festivities?
Opening Day: December 22, 2018
Type of Ride: Show
Age Recommendation: Young children and their parents
Duration of Ride: About 20 minutes
Typical Queue Time: Duration until next show
Single Rider Line: No
FastPass+: Yes, visit our FastPass+ Guide for more information on FastPass+.
Chicken Exit Available: Yes
Baby Swap Available: No
Type of Vehicle: None
Type of Restraint: None
Attraction Open During EMH: No. See our Extra Magic Hours page for more information.
Ride Photo Available For Purchase: No
Height Requirements: None
Flash Photography or Video Allowed: No
Shopping: Assorted costumes and other goods based on The Little Mermaid (1989) can be purchased next to Disney Junior Dance Party! at “In Character.”
Dining/Refreshment: If your children are fans of Disney Junior, consider enjoying a breakfast buffet at Disney’s Hollywood Studios’ Hollywood and Vine Restaurant; characters from shows such as Doc McStuffins, Sofia the First, Racer Goofy and Vampirina appear daily during breakfast; Advance Dining Reservations are strongly recommended.
Also, near Disney Junior Dance Party!, guests can enjoy a table service lunch or dinner in a classic Hollywood setting at The Hollywood Brown Derby.
Restroom: Restrooms are located near the Hyperion Theater.
Smoking Location: Smoking is permitted in designated smoking areas only. Disney’s Hollywood Studios smoking areas can be found on our Walt Disney World Designated Smoking Areas page.
Disney Junior Dance Party Fun Facts
Did you know?
- Current Disney Junior shows featured in Disney Junior Dance Party include “Mickey and the Roadster Racers,” “Vampirina,” “Doc McStuffins,” and “The Lion Guard.”
- Guests sit on the floor, rather than in seats, during Disney Junior Dance Party, and children are encouraged to sing and dance throughout the show.
- For Guests with disabilities there are plenty of accommodations including: audio description, video captioning, handheld captioning, and assisted listening. Guests with wheelchairs are welcome.
- Disney Junior Dance Party is one of two attractions at Walt Disney World to feature Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, and Goofy, the Mickey’s PhilharMagic 4-D show at the Magic Kingdom being the other.
- Disney Junior Dance Party replaced Disney Junior–Live on Stage! Previous shows in this theater included “Playhouse Disney—Live on Stage” which ran from its 2001 debut until 2011, when the Disney Channel changed the name of its children’s block from “Playhouse Disney” to “Disney Junior.” In addition, “Bear in the Big Blue House—Live on Stage,” ran from June 1999 to August 2001. The characters of Bear in the Big Blue House were thereafter incorporated into the first rendition of Playhouse Disney—Live on Stage.
- This location is the former location of the “Soundstage Restaurant,” a cafeteria-style eatery that operated from the park’s opening day, May 1, 1989, to November 14, 1998. Soundstage Restaurant incorporated sets from various movies during its run, including Big Business (1988), Beauty and the Beast (1991), and Aladdin (1992). The camels currently seen at the Magic Kingdom’s Magic Carpets of Aladdin attraction formerly sat outside the Soundstage Restaurant. A cocktail bar, “Catwalk Bar,” operated on the upper level of the Soundstage Restaurant and was accessible from both the Soundstage Restaurant and the Brown Derby. (The former Catwalk Bar is now the location of Disney’s Hollywood Studios’ Club 33.)
- Disney Junior Dance Party at Disney California Adventure.
Top 5 Tips for Disney Junior Dance Party
- Disney Junior Dance Party is a must-see for parties with young children.
- Disney Junior Dance Party is performed at scheduled times throughout the day; check the times upon arriving at the park to plan your visit.
- Prepare for an upbeat performance.
- Encourage your children to join in the fun during the show.
- Though FastPass+ is available for Disney Junior Dance Party , Star Tours: The Adventures Continue and The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror are better first choices.