Disney’s Hollywood Studios | Animation Courtyard
Children will have a blast at this live show featuring characters from their favorite Disney Junior television programs. Disney Junior – Live on Stage! is a must see for those visiting Disney’s Hollywood Studios with young children. The kids will love this magical song and dance party!
Disney Junior – Live on Stage! includes some old character favorites like Mickey Mouse and the clubhouse gang. Plus our friends from Disney Junior Sofia the First, Doc McStuffins, and Jake the Neverland Pirate! This is a great time for young children who love to sing and dance. Parents will enjoy seeing their little one’s faces light up, while giving themselves a rest from all the fun of the day.
Not only will your children be blown away by their favorite characters they will also be learning, just like when they’re watching Disney Junior. Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse start off the fun with the rest of the clubhouse gang and excitable leader Casey. While Minnie gets help from the audience planning a surprise birthday party, Mickey and the rest of the pals help Disney Junior favorites get out of sticky situations. Using problem solving skills children will help Sofia the First plan the perfect ball. James and amber learn about teamwork. Then Doc McStuffins needs help diagnosing Lambie after some serious dancing. Finally when Captain Hook steals the treasure, Jake and the Neverland pirates need your help to get it back.
Disney Junior – Live on Stage will be ending soon for a brand new show. Called Disney Junior Dance Party!, this new show will be a live experience featuring the most popular Disney Junior shows including Mickey and the Roadster Racers, Doc McStuffins, The Lion Guard, and Vampirina. The new show will be a musically infused, interactive concert, hosted by Finn Fiesta and a DJ – named Deejay – who involve Guests in all the fun, including live appearances from some of your favorite characters, fun music from Disney Junior, and much more. To make way for the new show, Disney Junior – Live on Stage! will have its last performance on September 1.
Opening Day: October 1, 2001
Type of Ride: Show
Age Recommendation: Young children and their parents
Duration of Ride: About 24 minutes
Typical Queue Time: Duration until next show
Single Rider Line: No
FastPass+: Yes, visit our FastPass+ Guide for more information on FastPass+.
Chicken Exit Available: Yes
Baby Swap Available: No
Type of Vehicle: None
Type of Restraint: None
Attraction Open During EMH: No. See our Extra Magic Hours page for more information.
Ride Photo Available For Purchase: No
Height Requirements: None
Flash Photography or Video Allowed: No
Shopping: Assorted costumes and other goods based on The Little Mermaid (1989) can be purchased next to Disney Junior–Live on Stage! at “In Character.”
Dining/Refreshment: If your children are fans of Disney Junior, consider enjoying a breakfast buffet at Disney’s Hollywood Studios’ Hollywood and Vine Restaurant; characters from shows such as “Doc McStuffins,” “Sofia the First,” “Jake and the Never Land Pirates,” and “Handy Manny” appear daily during breakfast; Advance Dining Reservations are strongly recommended.
Also, near Disney Junior—Live on Stage!, guests can enjoy a table service lunch or dinner in a classic Hollywood setting at The Hollywood Brown Derby.
Restroom: Restrooms are located near the Hyperion Theater.
Smoking Location: Smoking is permitted in designated smoking areas only. Disney’s Hollywood Studios smoking areas can be found on our Walt Disney World Designated Smoking Areas page.
Disney Junior–Live on Stage! Fun Facts
Did you know?
- Current Disney Junior shows featured in Disney Junior—Live on Stage include “Mickey Mouse Clubhouse,” “Sophia the First,” “Doc McStuffins,” and “Jake and the Never Land Pirates.” Elaborate puppets portray the characters in the performance, which is hosted by a live actor, Casey.
- Guests sit on the floor, rather than in seats, during Disney Junior—Live on Stage, and children are encouraged to sing and dance throughout the show.
- Each show is 24 minutes long.
- For Guests with disabilities there are plenty of accommodations including: audio description, video captioning, handheld captioning, and assisted listening. Guests with wheelchairs are welcome.
- Disney Junior—Live on Stage is one of two attractions at Walt Disney World to feature Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, and Goofy, the Mickey’s PhilharMagic 4-D show at the Magic Kingdom being the other.
- Disney Junior–Live on Stage!was called “Playhouse Disney—Live on Stage” from its 2001 debut until 2011, when the Disney Channel changed the name of its children’s block from “Playhouse Disney” to “Disney Junior.”
- Previous programs incorporated into Disney Junior—Live on Stage included “Bear in the Big Blue House,” “Rolie Polie Olie,” “Stanley,” “The Book of Pooh,” “JoJo’s Circus,” “Handy Manny,” “My Friends Tigger & Pooh,” and “Little Einsteins.”
- Playhouse Disney—Live on Stage replaced “Bear in the Big Blue House—Live on Stage,” which ran from June 1999 to August 2001. The characters of Bear in the Big Blue House were thereafter incorporated into the first rendition of Playhouse Disney—Live on Stage.
- Bear in the Big Blue House—Live on Stage replaced the “Soundstage Restaurant,” a cafeteria-style eatery that operated from the park’s opening day, May 1, 1989, to November 14, 1998. Soundstage Restaurant incorporated sets from various movies during its run, including Big Business (1988), Beauty and the Beast (1991), and Aladdin (1992). The camels currently seen at the Magic Kingdom’s Magic Carpets of Aladdin attraction formerly sat outside the Soundstage Restaurant. A cocktail bar, “Catwalk Bar,” operated on the upper level of the Soundstage Restaurant and was accessible from both the Soundstage Restaurant and the Brown Derby.
- Disney Junior–Live on Stage! also operates at the Walt Disney Studios Park at Disneyland Resort Paris. A new Disney Junior show, “Disney Junior Dance Party,” replaced Disney Junior–Live on Stage! at Disney’s California Adventure in 2017.
Top 5 Tips for Disney Junior–Live on Stage!
- Disney Junior–Live on Stage! is a must-see for parties with young children.
- Disney Junior–Live on Stage! is performed at scheduled times throughout the day; check the times upon arriving at the park to plan your visit.
- Prepare for an upbeat performance.
- Encourage your children to join in the fun during the show.
- Though FastPass Plus is available for Disney Junior—Live on Stage, Star Tours: The Adventures Continue and The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror are better first choices.