At Feathered Friends in Flight, guests can admire a variety of exotic birds while laughing at corny jokes at this energetic theater presentation.
Feathered Friends in Flight Ride Information
Opening Day: July 11, 2020
Type of Ride: Bird show
Age Recommendation: All ages
Duration of Ride: About 25 minutes
Typical Queue Time: None; shows at scheduled times
Single Rider Line: No
Chicken Exit Available: Yes
Baby Swap Available: No
Type of Vehicle: Benches
Type of Restraint: None
Attraction Open During Early Theme Park Entry: No. See our Early Theme Park Entry page for more information.
Ride Photo Available For Purchase: No
Height Requirements: None
Flash Photography or Video Allowed: Yes
Accessibility: Guests may remain in wheelchairs.
Feathered Friends in Flight Location
Shopping: Purchase a plethora of Asian-themed goods, including apparel, tea sets, jewelry, key chains, bags, and stuffed animals nearby at “Yak And Yeti Bhaktapur Market.”
Dining/Refreshment: Guests can enjoy either a counter service or full service lunch and dinner at the adjacent Yak and Yeti establishments. The counter service Yak and Yeti Local Food Cafes serves teriyaki beef bowls, stir fries, chicken sandwiches and salads, and egg rolls; and the full service Yak and Yeti Restaurant offers chicken wings, egg rolls, lo mein, ribs, and chicken and fish salads and entrees.
Restroom: Find restrooms situated on the Africa side of the Anandapur Theater.
Smoking Location: Smoking is permitted in designated smoking areas only. Disney parks are smoke free.
Did you know?
- Feathered Friends in Flight replaced UP! A Great Bird Adventure, which replaced Flights of Wonder, which closed on December 31, 2017. Flights of Wonder opened in the park on April 22, 1998.
- Feathered Friends in Flight occurs at the Anandapur Theater, which is themed after structures seen in the Himalayan Highlands. The theater is situated outside the fictitious village of Anandapur, on the “trade route” towards Africa.
- Feathered Friends in Flight is led by an avian enthusiast and bird experts.
- This unique experience features a close-up look at bird species from South America, North America, India, Africa, and other locations around the globe. More than 15 species of birds make appearances, including toucans, parrots, macaws, and an African fish eagle with a magnificent 7-foot wingspan.
- Twenty animal trainers were involved in the training and rehearsal that brought the show to the stage. Four trainers work with the birds and the actors during every performance. The production team’s goal is to showcase beloved Disney characters and the amazing natural behavior of birds to inspire guests to connect with nature.
- The show incorporates lessons in conservation throughout the performance.
- From opening until 2015, the theater was covered by a canopy; a permanent roof was installed during a renovation in early 2016. On similar notes, Festival of the Lion King’s original theater in the park’s former Camp Minnie-Mickey section received a permanent roof in 2003, and DinoLand U.S.A.’s Theater in the Wild followed suit in 2006.
Top 5 Tips for Feathered Friends in Flight
- Be prepared for edutainment.
- Feathered Friends in Flight runs at scheduled times throughout the day. Check the show times upon arriving and line up outside the theater about 20 minutes prior to show time.
- Take some photographs of the birds.
- Feathered Friends in Flight utilizes audience volunteers.
- This is not a show for those who are afraid of birds.