Tips to Stay Fit On Your Disney Vacation
While staying at one of Walt Disney World‘s resorts there are a variety of ways to stay fit on your Disney vacation that are both convenient and enjoyable. In many of the Walt Disney World Resort Hotel areas there are jogging and biking trails, tennis courts, and fitness centers. In addition, Disney’s Contemporary Resort offers Yoga on the Lawn, which is located in the Magic Kingdom resort area.
Animal Kingdom Resort Area
The All Star resorts share a 1-mile, paved trail along the beautiful Buena Vista Drive.
At Coronado Springs Resort the trail loops around the Lago Darado which is .75 miles.
Magic Kingdom Resort Area
Fort Wilderness resort grounds provides a 2.5 mile scenic trail. It also provides a .75 mile trail and bike path for those who want a shorter jog or wish to push past that first 2.5 miles.
This 1 mile pathway runs alongside the Seven Seas Lagoon connecting these two resorts. As a bonus it passes Disney’s wedding pavilion and gives you a great view of Magic Kingdom Park.
A paved path circling the Bay Lake Tower and South Garden Wing. It is .9 miles and perfect for a quick start or finish to the day.
Epcot Resort Area
Each of these stays have a connecting trail running all the way around Crescent Lake adding up to .8 miles. It also connects with the walkway to Epcot.
This walkway has a views of Barefoot Bay and is .6 miles.
Both hotels offer the .8 mile trail that circles Crescent Lake. Additionally, there are more challenging 2, 3, and 4 mile trails available.
Disney Springs Area & More
Connecting the two resort areas, this is a peaceful 1.7 mile trail running along the peaceful Sassagoula River.
This resort area provides paved trails with 1.44 and 0.8 mile loops. It runs along the beautiful greens of the Lake Buena Vista golf course.
This 1.37 mile long trail starts are the Conch Flats and runs alone the Lake Buena Vista Golf Course fairways.
Choose from a 1.1 or a 1.38 mile loop along Hourglass Lake.
- Art of Animation Resort
This 1.38 mile trail along Hourglass Lake is inspired by many of the Disney Pixar films making for an entertaining run.
More Ways to Stay Fit
Yoga on the Lawn
If you are staying at Disney’s Contemporary Resort or Bay Lake Tower a free yoga class is offered Tuesday and Thursday mornings. It is held under the Skyway Bridge at 7 am and there are 20 people per class. Yoga on the Lawn is a peaceful 30 minute session to prepare you for your adventure to come! Don’t worry, this class is available to all skill levels and all ages. However children must be accompanied by an adult. Mats and towels are provided to you free of charge.
- Bay Lake Tower at Contemporary Resort
- The Cabins at Fort Wilderness Resort
- The Campsites at Fort Wilderness Resort
- Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Animal Kingdom Villas – Jambo House and Kidani Village
- Beach Club Resort
- Beach Club Villas
Each of Disney’s tennis courts provide racquets and tennis balls.
- BoardWalk Inn & Villas (Surrey Bikes only )
- Caribbean Beach Resort (Regular Bikes only)
- Old Key West Resort (Both Surrey and Regular Bikes)
- Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter & Riverside (Both Surrey and Regular Bikes)
- Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa (Both Surrey and Regular Bikes)
- Wilderness Lodge (Regular Bikes only)
- The Cabins & Campsites at Fort Wilderness Resort (Regular Bikes only)
Helmets and seats for young children are available at request, free of charge. Guests under the age of 16 must wear a helmet at all times per Florida Law.
Choose from dozens of beautiful paved trails to ride through, but Disney asks you to stay within the resort area the bike was rented from. Bike rentals are around $18.00 per person, not including tax. Surrey bikes are $25.00 per bike and does include tax.
- Zahanati Massage and Fitness – Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Olympiad Fitness – Contemporary Resort
- Ship Shape Massage Salon & Fitness – Yacht Club Resort
- La Vida Health Club – Coronado Springs Resort
- Old Key West Exercise Room – Old Key West Resort
- Sturdy Branches Health Club – Boulder Ridge Villas
- Muscles & Bustles Health Club – BoardWalk VIllas
Most of the fitness centers will include state of the art cardio workout machines, and free weights and weightlifting.