Fantasmic! the night time spectacular at Hollywood Studios is the perfect way to close out your day at the park. This show features many Disney movies and characters all themed around a dream in which Mickey Mouse uses the power of imagination to help good to conquer evil. With a run time of about 25-minutes this spectacular features water effects, lasers, fire, and fireworks to create and amazing show. All of this comes together to create a memorable and dramatic show.
Opening Day: October 15, 1998
Type of Ride: Elaborate theater presentation
Age Recommendation: All ages
Duration of Ride: 25 minutes
Typical Queue Time: None; find the show schedule times on the MyDisneyExperience app
Single Rider Line: No
Chicken Exit Available: No
Baby Swap Available: No
Type of Vehicle: Benches
Type of Restraint: None
Attraction Open During Early Theme Park Entry: No. See our Early Theme Park Entry page for more information.
Ride Photo Available For Purchase: No
Height Requirements: None
Flash Photography or Video Allowed: No
Accessibility: Guests may remain in wheelchairs for the show.
Shopping: Purchase Disney villain merchandise nearby at “Beverly Sunset” and plush dolls and assorted souvenirs at “Legends of Hollywood.”
Restroom: Find facilities convenient to Fantasmic! situated near the entrance to The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror.
Smoking Location: Smoking is permitted in designated smoking areas only. Disney parks are smoke free.
Did you know?
- Fantasmic! originally debuted in Disneyland in 1992. The show debuted at Hollywood Studios in 1998.
- The Hollywood Hills Amphitheater has a max capacity of 9,900.
- A version of Fantasmic! can be seen in 3 different Disney parks internationally. These include: Disneyland, Hollywood Studios, and Tokyo Disney Sea.
- Many characters and movies are referenced in the show, but a few to look out for include: Pocahontas, Fantasia, Pinocchio, Aladdin, and Sleeping Beauty.
- Mickey is seen in several different roles including the Brave Little Tailor, Steamboat Willie, and Sorcerer Mickey throughout the show.
- Come to Fantasmic! early in order to get one of the better seats in the amphitheater. The theater opens 90 minutes prior to showtime and there is some entertainment in the form of sing-a-longs and dancing to keep guests entertained before the show begins.
- Fantasmic! is not shown every night. Check the MyDisneyExperience app or the times guide for showtimes during your trip.
- To save some money, bring glow sticks or a cheap light-up toy to prevent purchasing light-up toy from Disney, but still experience the night time fun.
- This show has some scenes that may be scary for young children. These include a snake scene with Jafar and a fiery battle with the dragon Maleficent. These villain scenes may be frightening, but most of the show remains light-hearted and fun, and, as always, there is a happy ending!