Do you want to stay onsite at a Walt Disney World Resort but want to find a less expensive way to do it? While staying at onsite can be pricey, there are several ways to make things a little less costly, and we have collected the top ten tips. There are many benefits to staying on-site, and we hope some of the tips below can help you experience the magic of staying at a Walt Disney World Resort.
- Have some flexibility in your travel dates – While Disney no longer offers seasonal pricing; there is lower pricing during less busy times at the parks, as well as weeknights, are less than weekend nights. Check the resort rates pages to get some ideas of the rack rate and try to work around some dates. Also, book your trip for a period that historically has discounts. Discounts are hard to predict, so this does not guarantee one. We have a listing here of the dates free dining has been offered, and this can be a HUGE money saver!
- Stay at a Value Resort – Do you plan on spending most of your time in the parks? Stay at a Disney Value Resort!
- Military Offers – If you are a member of the military, check to see if Walt Disney World is offering a military discount. The discounts are also listed on our Walt Disney World military discount page.
- Stay at Swan and Dolphin – While Disney’s Swan and Dolphin are not Walt Disney World owned resorts, they are considered onsite resorts. They do not have all the perks of Walt Disney World owned onsite, but they do offer year-round specials for military, nurses, teachers, AAA members, and Florida residents and are one of our favorite top ten tips. The Swan and Dolphin are
- Florida Resident Officers – If you happen to be a Florida resident, check the Walt Disney World Florida resident discounts to see if there is a current discount at the Walt Disney World resort of your choice.
- Best Deluxe Resort Value – If you want to stay in a Disney Deluxe Resort, try Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge or Disney’s Wilderness Lodge for a Deluxe resort at a slightly lower price.
- Best Moderate Resort Value – Do you usually stay at a Disney Deluxe Resort but want to save a little money on your next trip? Why not try Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort, a Disney Moderate Resort with Queen-sized beds, 2 table service restaurants, a lounge, room service, and other Deluxe Resort amenities?
- Save where you can on food – Take the time to do the math and see if the dining plan makes sense for your family. We have some examples to help you out! Quick Service dining plan, and Standard dining plan. Order a case of water & some snacks to keep in your room, and bring some with during the day. Consider sharing meals if you aren’t super hungry. And you can ask for a free ice water at any quick service location (not available at the carts).
- Stay at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort – Do you like to camp, or do you like having the comforts of home in your RV? Try out The Campsites at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort?
- Book with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner – Book with a travel agency that specializes in Disney Destinations. We recommend The Magic for Less Travel, and they will help you book with the best price available and will continue to check your reservation for discounts even after you book. The Magic for Less Travel is not just an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner, but one of only seven agencies in the country to receive Disney’s highest designation as a Platinum Level Earmarked Agency. Since 2002 The Magic for Less Travel has been offering complementary services to ensure their guests have the best price and the best service.
Planning a Walt Disney World Vacation?
For a Free no-obligation quote, contact our sponsor, The Magic For Less Travel. The Magic For Less Travel is an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner and has been helping guests plan magical vacations since 2002. Receive the best prices and free travel planning services. Their fee-free services will help you save time, money, and stress while planning a vacation designed around you and your needs!