While staying at one of Walt Disney World‘s resorts, there are a variety of ways to stay fit on your Disney vacation that is both convenient and enjoyable. In many of the Walt Disney World Resort Hotel areas, there are running and biking trails, tennis courts, and fitness centers. Also, there are pickleball courts, volleyball, and more ways to stay fit on your Disney vacation.
Animal Kingdom Resort Area
The All-Star resorts share a 1-mile, paved trail along the beautiful Buena Vista Drive.
At Coronado Springs Resort, the trail loops around the Lago Dorado, which is .75 miles.
Magic Kingdom Resort Area
Fort Wilderness resort grounds provide a 3.1-mile-long pathway that winds through the shaded area surrounding Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground.
This 1-mile pathway runs alongside the Seven Seas Lagoon connecting these two resorts. As a bonus, it passes Disney’s wedding pavilion and gives you a great view of Magic Kingdom Park.
A paved path circling the Bay Lake Tower and South Garden Wing. It is .9 miles and perfect for a quick start or finish to the day.
Epcot Resort Area
Each of these stays has a connecting trail running around Crescent Lake, adding up to .8 miles. It also connects with the walkway to EPCOT.
Take a scenic run or walk along the 1.25-mile course with views of Barefoot Bay.
- Disney’s Riviera Resort
- Set out on an invigorating run along a 1.4-mile trail around Barefoot Bay.
- Swan and Dolphin Hotels
Both hotels offer the .8 mile trail that circles Crescent Lake. Additionally, there are more challenging 2, 3, and 4-mile trails available.
Disney Springs Area & More
Connecting the two resort areas, this is a peaceful 1.7-mile trail running along the tranquil Sassagoula River.
This resort area provides paved trails with 1.44 and 0.8-mile loops. It runs along the beautiful greens of the Lake Buena Vista golf course.
This 1.37 mile-long trail starts are the Conch Flats and runs along the Lake Buena Vista Golf Course fairways.
Choose from a 1.1 or a 1.38-mile loop along Hourglass Lake.
This 1.38-mile trail along Hourglass Lake is inspired by many of the Disney Pixar films making for a fun run.
More Ways to Stay Fit on your Disney Vacation
- Disney’s Yacht Club Resort
- Bay Lake Tower
- Kidani Village at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Disney’s Old Key West Resort
Each of Disney’s courts provides equipment.
- Bay Lake Tower at Contemporary Resort
- The Cabins at Fort Wilderness Resort
- The Campsites at Fort Wilderness Resort
- Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Animal Kingdom Villas – Jambo House and Kidani Village
- Beach Club Resort
- Beach Club Villas
Each of Disney’s tennis courts provides racquets and tennis balls.
- Boardwalk Inn & Villas (Surrey Bikes only )
- Caribbean Beach Resort (Regular Bikes only)
- Old Key West Resort (Both Surrey and Regular Bikes)
- Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter & Riverside (Both Surrey and Regular Bikes)
- Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa (Both Surrey and Regular Bikes)
- Wilderness Lodge (Regular Bikes only)
- The Cabins & Campsites at Fort Wilderness Resort (Regular Bikes only)
Helmets and seats for young children are available at request, free of charge. Guests under the age of 16 must wear a helmet at all times per Florida Law.
Choose from dozens of beautiful paved trails to ride through, but Disney asks you to stay within the resort area the bike was rented. Bike rentals are around $18.00 per person, not including tax. Surrey bikes are $25.00 per bike, including tax.
- Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort — Sand court at Martinique Village; check out equipment at Barefoot Bay Bike Works
- Disney’s Contemporary Resort — Sand court on the beach; check out equipment at Boat Nook Marina
- Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort — Sand court near Dig Site pool; check out equipment at Siesta’s pool bar
- Disney’s Old Key West Resort — Sand court near Hospitality House; check out equipment at Hank’s Rent ‘N Return
- Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort — Sand court on the beach; check out equipment at Seven Seas Marina
- Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Resorts — Sand court near Tidal Pool; check out equipment at Ship Shape Massage Salon Fitness
- The Campsites at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort — Sand court in the Meadow Recreation Area; check out equipment at the Bike Barn
- Walt Disney World Dolphin and Swan Hotels — Sand court on the beach, wet court in grotto pool; check out equipment at Dolphin Health Club or Swan Health Club
Any Guest of a Walt Disney World Resort hotel may access the volleyball courts, and equipment can be obtained using a valid Resort ID. Disney Vacation Club members may check out equipment free of charge; for all other Guests, an associated fee applies.
- Zahanati Massage and Fitness – Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Olympiad Fitness – Contemporary Resort
- Ship Shape Massage Salon & Fitness – Yacht Club Resort
- La Vida Health Club – Coronado Springs Resort
- Old Key West Exercise Room – Old Key West Resort
- Sturdy Branches Health Club – Boulder Ridge Villas
- Muscles & Bustles Health Club – BoardWalk Villas
Most of the fitness centers will include state of the art cardio workout machines and free weights and weightlifting.