Disney’s Hollywood Studios | Sunset Boulevard
Fantasmic! is a nighttime spectacular at Hollywood Studios. This show features many Disney movies and characters all themed around a dream in which Mickey Mouse uses the power of imagination to help good to conquer evil. Many characters and movies are referenced in the show, but a few major movies to look out for include: Pocahontas, Fantasia, Pinocchio, Aladdin, and Sleeping Beauty. This show is extra special because Mickey is seen in several different roles including the Brave Little Tailor, Steamboat Willie, and Sorcerer Mickey.
Fantasmic! is a 25-minute show that can be seen in the Hollywood Hills Amphitheater. This spectacular features water effects, lasers, fire, and fireworks to create and amazing show. There are amazing water screens with projections along with huge fountains and dramatic fire effects. All of this comes together to create a memorable and dramatic show. This show has some scenes that may be scary for young children. These include a snake scene with Jafar and a fiery battle with the dragon Maleficent. These villain scenes may be frightening, but most of the show is light-hearted and fun, and as always there is a happy ending!
Opening Day: October 15, 1998
Type of Ride: Elaborate theater presentation
Age Recommendation: All ages
Duration of Ride: 25 minutes
Typical Queue Time: None; shows are held at scheduled times throughout the day
Single Rider Line: No
FastPass+: Yes, visit our FastPass+ Guide for more information on FastPass+.
Chicken Exit Available: No
Baby Swap Available: No
Type of Vehicle: Benches
Type of Restraint: None
Attraction Open During EMH: No. See our Extra Magic Hours page for more information.
Ride Photo Available For Purchase: No
Height Requirements: None
Flash Photography or Video Allowed: No
Shopping: Disney villain merchandise and candy are available for purchase nearby at “Beverly Sunset”; and plush dolls and assorted souvenirs are sold at “Legends of Hollywood.”
Restroom: Facilities convenient to Fantasmic! are situated near the entrance to The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror.
Smoking Location: Smoking is permitted in designated smoking areas only. Disney’s Hollywood Studios smoking areas can be found on our Walt Disney World Designated Smoking Areas page.
Fantasmic! Fun Facts
Did you know?
- Fantasmic! originally debuted in Disneyland in 1992. The show debuted at Hollywood Studios in 1998.
- The Hollywood Hills Amphitheater has a max capacity of 9,900.
- A version of Fantasmic! can be seen in 3 different Disney parks internationally. These include: Disneyland, Hollywood Studios, and Tokyo Disney Sea.
Top 5 Tips for Fantasmic!
- Come to Fantasmic! early in order to get one of the better seats in the amphitheater. The theater opens 90 minutes prior to showtime and there is some entertainment in the form of sing-a-longs and dancing to keep guests entertained before the show begins.
- Fantasmic! is not shown every night. Check the MyDisneyExperience app or the times guide for showtimes during your trip.
- There are snacks available for purchase inside the theater.
- To get a good seat for the show without arriving early, you can book a Fantasmic! Dessert and VIP Viewing Experience, a Fantasmic! Dining Package, or reserve a FastPass+. If you plan to arrive early, it may be a good idea to bring something to sit on to make the hard benches a little softer.
- To save some money, you could come prepared with glow sticks or a cheap light-up toy, to prevent the inevitable begging for an overpriced light-up toy from Disney.