There are so many fun things for kids to do at Walt Disney World that don’t cost anything. From unique transportation to building unique things, there is just so much to enjoy while on a budget.
Top 10 Free Things for Kids
- Grab a Monorail! It’s free to ride the Monorail, and it provides an opportunity for some downtime. If you can ride the loop around the “Monorail Resorts” of Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort, Disney’s Contemporary Resort, and Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and Spa, you can get off and explore any of the three resorts. Take the Monorail route between the Ticket & Transportation Center and Epcot to enjoy a longer ride and fantastic view over Epcot. This is probably the best free things for kids available.
- Take a boat ride. You can cruise around the Epcot resorts, the Magic Kingdom resorts, and between Disney Springs and the Port Orleans Resort, Old Key West Resort, or Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa. Around the Magic Kingdom, there are three different loops you can choose!
- Watch Magic Kingdom fireworks from outside the park. You can get a beautiful view of the fireworks from the beach at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort or a favorite spot for many is the dock at the Ticket and Transportation Center.
- Watch the Electrical Water Pageant from one of the following five resorts: Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort (9:00 pm), Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and Spa (9:15 pm), Disney’s Wilderness Lodge Resort (9:35 pm), Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground (9:45 pm), and Disney’s Contemporary Resort (10:10 pm). Times listed are approximate, and the Electrical Water Pageant is weather permitting. It is always a good idea to ask at the concierge desk for an updated schedule.
- Make time for a movie. Several resorts have a free “Movie under the Stars” in the evening (weather permitting). The best bang for your “no” buck is probably Chip ‘N Dale’s Campfire Sing-a-long at the Campsites at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort because you get a visit and sing-a-long with Chip ‘n Dale before the movie is shown.
- Take time for a swim. No matter where you are staying, there is likely a swimming pool. Many of the onsite resorts have charming swimming pools, so take advantage of this “free” resource that you have technically already paid for.
- Look at the animals. Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge Resort has public viewing areas from which to watch the animals on the savannah. Animal viewing and identification guides can be picked up from the front desk, and Cast Members (named “Safari Guides”) are often stationed near viewing areas to answer questions. Note: There may not be many animals out during the heat of the day.
- Take time out to build. Head over to the Lego Imagination Center at Disney Springs to build with Legos. As a bonus, the Waterside Stage is located next to the Lego Store, and students taking part in the”Disney Performing Arts” program perform there throughout most days. Note: There are lots of things to buy here and at other stores in Disney Springs. Be prepared for your child asking for something…
- Say, “Hi!” to the horses and the ponies. Take a trip to Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort and campground to visit the horses and ponies at Tri-Circle-D Ranch and Farm. Top ten free things for kids tip: see if you can find the lawnmower tree!
- Resort hop. It’s fun to see all the unique things the different resorts of Walt Disney World have to offer. Special points of interest include the larger-than-life icons at Disney’s All-Star Resorts and Disney’s Art of Animation Resort. During the holiday season, don’t miss the deluxe resorts for beautiful Christmas trees and gingerbread creations.
Check into these other budget-friendly ideas for your Walt Disney World Vacation
Top 25 Ways to Save Money at Walt Disney World
Hidden Gems at Walt Disney World
Planning a Walt Disney World Vacation?
For a Free no-obligation quote, contact our sponsor, The Magic For Less Travel. The Magic For Less Travel is an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner and has been helping guests plan magical vacations since 2002. Receive the best prices and free travel planning services. Their fee-free services will help you save time, money, and stress while planning a vacation designed around you and your needs!