Epcot | Future World
Awesome Planet Description
Experience a call to action to protect the Earth. In a partnership with the Disney Conservation Fund, this all-new film uses in-theater effects (including wind, scents and water) to tell the story of life on our planet and why it’s vitally important to care for it.
Opening Day: January 17, 2020
Type of Ride: Educational movie
Age Recommendation: All ages
Duration of Ride: 15 minutes
Typical Queue Time: Less than 20 minutes, the duration until the next show
Single Rider Line: No
Chicken Exit Available: No
Baby Swap Available: No
Type of Vehicle: Theater seat
Type of Restraint: None
Attraction Open During EMH: Yes; evening. See our Extra Magic Hours page for more information.
Ride Photo Available For Purchase: No
Awesome Planet Restrictions
Height Requirements: None
Flash Photography or Video Allowed: No
Awesome Planet Location
Shopping: A wide assortment of goods and souvenirs, including apparel, Disney plush dolls, mugs, picture frames, camera equipment, pins, and candy, are available for purchase at Epcot’s premier gift shop, “Mouse Gear.”
Dining/Refreshment: Two popular restaurants, one a full service establishment, the other a counter service eatery, are located in The Land pavilion. The former restaurant, Garden Grill, is situated adjacent to Circle of Life on the upper level of The Land and serves family style character meals, led by Chip ‘n Dale, for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Offerings at this unique location, which slowly rotates while you dine, include fruit, scrambled eggs, hash browns, bacon, biscuits and gravy, and cinnamon rolls for breakfast; beef, turkey, sausage and peppers, salad, mashed potatoes, and macaroni and cheese for lunch; and rolls, salad, beef, turkey, fish, mashed potatoes, macaroni and cheese, rice pilaf, and short cake for dinner.
On the lower level of The Land, guests can enjoy a counter service breakfast, lunch, or dinner at Sunshine Seasons. Diverse offerings include chicken, pork chops, turkey sandwiches, salmon, soups, and salads.
Restroom: Facilities are located near Circle of Life on the upper level of The Land.
Smoking Location: Smoking is permitted in designated smoking areas only. Disney parks are smoke free.
Awesome Planet Fun Facts
Did you know?
- Previously, this theater was the home of Circle of Life: An Environmental Fable, which explored the relationship between humans and nature through the Lion King. It was open from January 21, 1995 to February 3, 2018.
- Awesome Planet is housed in the Harvest Theater on the second floor of The Land pavilion.
- The original inhabitant of this theater was “Symbiosis,” which had a similar message, and operated in the Harvest Theater from 1982 to 1994.
- The space sequences are created by Industrial Light & Magic (which provided the cinematic foundation for the Star Wars franchise)
- The narrator of this film is Ty Burrell, alluding to his role in the TV show, Modern Family
Top 5 Tips for Awesome Planet
- Some guests may find this show “preachy,” as the conservation message is overtly enunciated throughout.
- Awesome Planet is best seen during the crowded middle part of the day or when you need a rest. Waits are usually nonexistent, just the duration until the next show.
- This film is not just a film, there are in-theater effects throughout.
- Awesome Planet was introduced with an update to several of the films throughout Epcot – challenge yourself to see all of the Epcot films in the same day!
- Be prepared to be wowed by beautiful images from around the world.