Enjoy this elaborate performance of the classic Disney film Beauty and the Beast (1991) at the Theater of the Stars.
Opening Day: November 22, 1991
Type of Ride: Elaborate theater presentation
Age Recommendation: All ages
Duration of Ride: 25 minutes
Typical Queue Time: None; shows are held at scheduled times throughout the day
Single Rider Line: No
Chicken Exit Available: No
Baby Swap Available: No
Type of Vehicle: Benches
Type of Restraint: None
Attraction Open During EMH: No. See our Extra Magic Hours page for more information.
Ride Photo Available For Purchase: No
Height Requirements: None
Flash Photography or Video Allowed: No
Shopping: Disney villain merchandise and candy are available for purchase nearby at “Beverly Sunset”; and plush dolls and assorted souvenirs are sold at “Legends of Hollywood.”
Dining/Refreshment: Whether you are craving burgers, pizza, or barbecue, you can satisfy your palate across Sunset Boulevard among Rosie’s All-American Café, Catalina Eddie’s, and Fairfax Fare. Beauty and the Beast fans should consider making an ADR for the Magic Kingdom’s Be Our Guest Restaurant
Restroom: Facilities convenient to Beauty and the Beast: Live on Stage! are situated near the entrance to The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror.
Smoking Location: Smoking is permitted in designated smoking areas only. Disney parks are smoke free.
Beauty and the Beast: Live on Stage! Fun Facts
Did you know?
- Debuting on the same day as the theatrical release of Beauty and the Beast, Beauty and the Beast: Live on Stage! was the first of three movie-based attractions at Walt Disney World to open during or before the theatrical run of their corresponding films; the now-defunct “The Legend of The Lion King” (The Lion King; 1994) at the Magic Kingdom and “It’s Tough to be a Bug” (A Bug’s Life; 1998) at Disney’s Animal Kingdom are the others.
- Beauty and the Beast: Live on Stage is performed with costumed characters and music from Beauty and the Beast. Various backdrops and props, including gargantuan spoons, the famous rose, and torches, are incorporated throughout the show.
- The presentation’s songs include “Prologue: The Enchantress,” “Belle” / “Gaston,” “Belle (Reprise),” “Be Our Guest,” “Something There,” “The Mob Song,” and “Beauty and the Beast.”
- Beauty and the Beast: Live on Stage has been staged in three locations across the park during its long run. From 1991 until 1993, the show was held in the original “Theater of the Stars,” located at the current corner of Hollywood Boulevard and Sunset Boulevard, which did not open until 1994. The show then moved to the now-defunct “Backlot Theater” on the Streets of America for a year, before permanently relocating to its current real estate on Sunset Boulevard.
- Theater of the Stars holds up to 1,500 guests.
- Beauty and the Beast: Live on Stage commenced its current format in 2001, when the order of the songs was rearranged.
- A dole of doves was released at the end of the performance for a time until predatory hawks became a problem.
Top 5 Tips for Beauty and the Beast: Live on Stage!
- Theater of the Stars is covered by a canopy, so do not worry about inclement weather.
- Beauty and the Beast: Live on Stage is performed at scheduled times throughout the day. Check the Times Guide to plan your visit accordingly.
- Consider sitting in the front row if you are celebrating a special occasion because Belle often gives a rose to an audience member.
- Prepare to have catchy music linger in your head after leaving the theater.