Overlooked Children’s Activities at Walt Disney World
Are you looking for something more to do with your kids than just running from attraction to attraction at the parks? Check out this list of children’s activities available at Walt Disney World.
Held at 10:30 AM on select days in the Garden View Tea Room located inside Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, your princesses and princes age 3-9 will enjoy music, dancing, storytelling, & more. “Rose Petal” is your host for this celebration. Children will sip “tea” (apple juice) and enjoy fruit, sandwiches, & Princess Cake. Adults will be provided with a signature blended & perfectly steeped tea along with a selection of cheeses and tea sandwiches. Please note that an adult & child must attend together.
Princesses will receive:
- 18” Princess Aurora doll
- Princess tiara
- Silver bracelet
- Princess necklace
- A fresh rose
- Special princess scrapbook page “Best Friend” certificate for their new doll
- A Princess Cinch Bag
Princes will receive:
- A sword
- A shield
- A souvenir pin
- A plush Disney bear
- “Best Friend” certificate
Pirate Adventure Cruises:
Young Buccaneers aged 4-12 board a vessel in pursuit of treasure in exotic “ports of call” aka Resort marinas each day from 9:30-11:30. Children will be regaled with legends of pirates and discover clues that lead to a treasure chest. They will split up the booty at the final port of call and enjoy a snack and a drink. The cost is $49 per child. These excursions are kid-only so prepare to leave your children with the crew. There are 4 adventures to choose from each leaving from a different Disney resort.
- Disney’s Pirate Adventure departs from the marina at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa. Children will sail around Bay Lake and Seven Seas Lagoon while listening to “The Legend of Gasparilla”
- Islands of the Caribbean Pirate cruise departs from Barefoot Bay Bike Works at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort. The kids will sail the Ports of the Caribbean waters and listen to stories of Old Port Royale’s pirate past.
- Albatross Treasure Cruise departs from Bayside Marina at Disney’s Yacht Club Resort. Children will sail around Crescent Lake and Epcot Park’s World Showcase Lagoon while listening to “The Legend of the Albatross”.
- Bayou Pirate Adventure departs from Disney’s Port Orleans Resort-Riverside. The kids will sail down the Sassagoula River and listen to legends about Captain Jean Lafitte.
Fort Wilderness Archery Experience:
Located at the Bike Barn at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort, this adventure is for guest 7 years of age and up and is held from 2:45 PM to 4:15 PM daily. The cost is $45 per person. They will learn how to use a compound bow from an Archery Guide and then spend most of the 90 minute experience shooting at targets. There is a designated viewing area for those who would like to watch but not participate in the experience.
This 2 hour tour is offered at the Magic Kingdom daily at 10:00 AM and is ideal for families with children 4-10. You will meet your guide at Town Square Theater located on Main Street U.S.A. 15 minutes before departure. This overlooked children’s activity at Walt Disney World is an interactive experience where you & your children will play games to collect clues on a fun scavenger hunt. Along the journey, you may have to ride an attraction to find a clue and you might even meet a character or two. Please note that this tour does require park admission in addition to the $39 per person fee for the tour itself..