Refillable Popcorn Buckets
Walt Disney World refillable popcorn buckets are a trending item around the four Walt Disney World theme parks. They come in all shapes and sizes, and can even vary with the seasons. Popcorn buckets range from your typical bucket shape with a lid, to Star Wars space ships, to Mickey Mouse balloons, and more. There are different buckets available at various locations around the parks. You can choose your favorite design to carry around for refills. This is a fun souvenir that can actually save some money on snacks during your trip!
Popcorn buckets vary in price. This is dependent on the bucket design. Popcorn buckets range in price from $10 to more than double that for the more intricate options. Each bucket refills for the same price at $2.00. This is a good deal when you consider that purchasing a single popcorn snack costs around $5. Popcorn bucket refills are a decent value for a shareable snack at a Disney park.
Popcorn is a snack credit on the Disney Dining Plan, so is a refill. A popcorn refill is not the best use of a Dining Plan snack credit if you are looking to maximize value. However, the initial purchase of a popcorn bucket is not allowed as a snack credit option.
Popcorn buckets are advertised as refillable for length of stay. Popcorn buckets can be refilled at any location that sells popcorn. It does not matter what location or which park you originally purchased your popcorn bucket. Guests will still be eligible for a popcorn refill. Also, keep in mind that pricing and availability are always subject to change at Disney parks.
Flavored popcorn refills are available at some locations for the same price as the regular popcorn. That is if you want some variety in your salty snacking. Currently at Epcot, the popcorn cart outside of the Imagination Pavilion offers a variety of flavored popcorn. Over in the Canada Pavilion, you can pick up Maple flavored popcorn. Keep your eyes peeled around the parks for other flavors to sample.
In the past, a Walt Disney World Annual Pass discount has not been offered for popcorn buckets or refills.
Refillable popcorn buckets can be found at popcorn carts around the theme parks and water parks and Disney Springs. The following is a list of a few common locations where Popcorn buckets can normally be purchased and/or refilled.
- Main Street Popcorn Cart – Left entrance of train station near Guest Relations
- Castle Plaza Popcorn Cart – On the Tomorrowland side of the hub at the end of Main Street
- Fantasyland Maurice’s Amazing Popping Machine – Between Gaston’s Tavern and Ariel’s Undersea Adventure
- Fantasyland Storybook Circus Popcorn Cart
- Liberty Square Popcorn Cart – Near Liberty Tree Tavern
- Frontierland – Beside Westward Ho Refreshments
- Frontierland – Outside Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
- Tomorrowland Popcorn Cart
- Adventureland Snack Cart- Between Pirates of the Carribbean and Jungle Cruise
- Future World West Popcorn – Cart across from Imagination Pavilion
- Future World East Popcorn – Near Test Track
- Canada Pavilion
- Fife and Drum Tavern – America Pavilion
- Future World Popcorn Cart – Near pin trading station
- Hot and Fresh Popcorn – Just past Starbucks
- Animation Courtyard Popcorn Cart
- Hub Popcorn Cart – near Hyperion Theater
- Hollywood Hills Amphitheater – Fantasmic!
- Mahindi Snack Cart in Harambe
- Harambe Market
- Corn-Ivore – Dino – Land
- The Feeding Ground – Discovery Island
- Thirsty River Bar and Trek Snacks outside the entrance to Expedition Everest
- If you are looking for a particular themed Refillable Popcorn Buckets think about the most likely location for the design. For example, a Star Wars design will likely be found at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, but if it is a The Lion King themed bucket, you may have more luck at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
- If all that salty popcorn makes you thirsty, remember that you can get a free cup of water at any dining location that serves fountain drinks. Bring some water flavoring to improve the taste.
- A refillable popcorn bucket can double as a useful souvenir. Bring some Disney magic back home and enjoy some popcorn at home using your bucket.
- Bring a carabiner clip to attach your popcorn bucket to your park bag. This way you do not have to carry it in your hands. Some of the more elaborate popcorn buckets do come with straps.