Currently, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Guests will need to handle their own luggage. More information can be found here.
Walt Disney World provides a complimentary airport shuttle from Orlando International Airport (MCO) and luggage delivery to eligible guests of the Walt Disney World Resort. To qualify for the service, you must be staying at a Disney hotel at Walt Disney World Resort. The Swan, Dolphin, Shades of Green, and Downtown Disney area hotels do not qualify for this service. Disney’s Magical Express began in May 2005 and continues today with improvements that are added continuously.
When you reserve Disney’s Magical Express, you can begin your vacation the moment you step off the plane. Domestic passengers can bypass baggage claim, and all Guests can avoid the inconvenience and cost of driving or finding ground transportation. With Disney’s Magical Express, you’ll be able to get from the airport to your accommodations in comfort easily, and your bags will be delivered directly to your room. You’ll also enjoy a complimentary ride back to Orlando International Airport on your Disney Resort hotel check out day.
How Disney’s Magical Express (DME) Works
Before Leaving Home: Reserve Disney’s Magical Express Transportation when you book online, through your travel agent or Disney by one of the following means:
- U.S. and Canada Reservations: call 866-599-0951. You can also add flight information to your itinerary by visiting your My Disney Experience account.
- United Kingdom Reservations: call 0800 16 90 730 or online www.disneyworld.co.uk for Walt Disney Travel Company bookings – or contact your travel agent or tour operator.
- International Guests: make your reservation through the same travel agent or tour operator used to book your trip. International guests may also view and print special guidelines from Disney.
For U.S. guests who elected to use Disney’s Magical Express (DME) Service, an Airport Transportation Booklet containing general information, a map to the Disney’s Magical Express Welcome Center at the Orlando International Airport, transportation vouchers and one luggage tag per person will be mailed approximately six (6) weeks prior to the guest’s vacation date.
Prior to leaving home for the airport, guests need to attach the provided luggage tags on their luggage. Once the DME tagged luggage is checked at the airport for the flight to Orlando, guests will not see it again until it arrives at the resort. Guests no longer have to worry about picking the luggage up at the Orlando International Airport’s baggage claim. DME will pick up the luggage and deliver it to the guest’s resort indicated on the DME luggage tag.
For arrivals after 10:00 PM, you will need to collect your luggage at the baggage claim and bring with you on the motorcoach. If you prefer, you can always collect your luggage from the baggage claim and take it on the bus with you. If you choose this option, do not put the yellow tags on your luggage. Often the bags are retrieved by DME before they are on the luggage carousel.
If you did not receive your luggage tags prior to leaving home and you are scheduled to arrive in Orlando between 5:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m., you’ll be able to provide your baggage claim numbers upon arrival at Disney’s Magical Express, and Disney will take care of the rest. This is also an option if you lose your DME vouchers that came with your Disney documents or if your flight is delayed. The Welcome Desk can look up any hotel reservation, and as long as you’re a registered guest, they’ll print you a boarding pass for Disney’s Magical Express.
Guests cannot book luggage transfer only; they must physically be on the motorcoach to have luggage transported. Those who have unexpected delays or very late arriving flights should contact call Disney’s Magical Express Guest Services as soon as possible.
- Essential items such as change of clothes, swimsuits, medications, valuables, etc., should be packed in a carry-on bag since it may take up to 3 hours or more for DME to delivers the luggage to guest’s resort room. This is particularly important if you have restaurant reservations on the day of arrival that you wish to “dress” for.
- Don’t pack your MagicBands in your checked luggage, as they will be used to check in with Disney’s Magical Express and to unlock your room when you arrive at your Disney Resort hotel. If you have not received your MagicBand, please be prepared to present your Disney’s Magical Express documents (which will be mailed separately) to board the motorcoach. You will receive your MagicBand upon arrival at your Disney Resort hotel.
- Guests who are flying into Orlando International Airport from another country must follow the U.S. Customs and Border Protection process and claim their luggage after disembarking the plane. They can then proceed to Disney’s Magical Express Welcome Center located on Side B, Level 1 of Orlando International Airport, and have their luggage travel with them on the motorcoach to the resort.
- There is one luggage tag provided per person on the reservation. If guests need additional tags, they may request the extra tags by calling Disney’s Magical Express at 866-599-0951.
- To change your flight information before arriving at Walt Disney World Resort, you may call the same number used to make your reservation. While at a Disney Resort hotel, contact your Resort hotel Front Desk for assistance.
- If you only reserved Disney’s Magical Express from your Disney Resort hotel to the airport, luggage tags are not included.
Arriving at Orlando International Airport:
If it’s between 5:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m., once a Guest arrives at Orlando International Airport, they should take the shuttle from the gate to the main terminal on Level 3 and proceed to Disney’s Magical Express Welcome Center. The Disney’s Magical Express Welcome Center is located on Side B, Level 1. For guests residing in U.S. or Canada who have chosen Disney Magical Express Service, this instruction is also available in the Airport Transportation Booklet that was mailed approximately 6 weeks prior to the vacation date.
Once at Disney Magical Express Welcome Center, a representative will verify the number of bags that the guest had checked and confirm guest’s outbound flight information. If the guest had not tagged their luggage prior to leaving home or at the departing airport, they might still utilize the luggage delivery service by providing the Disney Magical Express representative with information from their baggage claim ticket. Lastly, your voucher will be scanned, and a representative will direct you to the correct bus waiting area. If it is between the hours of 10:00 p.m. until 5:00 a.m., Guests must claim your baggage on Level 2 first before heading to The Disney’s Magical Express Welcome Center.
For those Guests who arrive from an international destination, when you are exiting your aircraft, you will enter the U.S. Immigration checkpoint. Guests will need to have their passport and any required documents available for inspection. After retrieving your luggage, proceed to the Customs checkpoint.
After proceeding through Customs, once you exit, you may either keep your checked bags with you to travel on the motorcoach or if it’s between the hours of 5:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m., you may use Disney’s luggage delivery service. To take advantage of this complimentary service, return your checked luggage to the transfer carousel following the immigration and customs process. Disney will claim the baggage and deliver it to your Resort hotel.
You will then need to proceed to the B side and head down to Level 1.
The motorcoach carrying the guests may make up to 3 stops before arriving at the guest’s resort. The travel time from Orlando International Airport to the guest’s resort is approximately 45 – 75 minutes, depending on your stop.
Do keep in mind that your luggage will be collected by Disney and will travel separately from you. It may take up to 3 hours after you arrive at your hotel to be delivered to your room. Luggage delivery service is not in operation from 10:00 p.m. until 5:00 a.m. Please collect your luggage at Baggage Claim on Level 2 and bring it with you to the Disney’s Magical Express location. Your luggage will travel with you on the motorcoach to your Disney Resort Hotel. Luggage assistance will be available upon arrival at your Resort.
- Disney’s Magical Express buses are coach-style and include restrooms. An on-board display features a video covering the basics of Disney’s Magical Express and vacationing at Walt Disney World. An animated short featuring Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck may also be played.
- Tips are not expected for the luggage delivery from the airport to the resort, and guests do not need to be in their room to receive their luggage. However, it is customary to tip your bus driver and the bell staff if you request to have your luggage picked up from your room at departure.
- Click here to view and print a map of Orlando International Airport, including the location of the Disney’s Magical Express Welcome Center.
- Download the Orlando MCO Airport app on your smartphone for helpful information.
Departing Walt Disney World
At the end of the guest’s vacation, a Transportation Notice envelope from the resort will be delivered to the guest’s room the day before departure. The Transportation Notice will include a motorcoach pick-up time, which should be no sooner than 3 hours prior to the guest’s flight departure time for domestic flights, or 4 hours for international flights.
Disney’s Magical Express check-in desks are located in resort lobbies or near the outside front entrance of the resort. To check-in, the entire party must be present and have with them government-issued photo I.D. (driver’s license, passport, Military ID) and their MagicBand as resort identification. At the time of departure, guests can either carry their luggage to the motorcoach for departure or may request the resort Bell Service for luggage assistance.
Also, guests flying on participating airlines may take advantage of Resort Airline Check-In to check luggage with their airlines, and print boarding passes. Visit the Resort Airline Check-In desk no less than 3 hours prior to departure time during operating hours (5:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. daily). In most cases, only one bag per person can be checked.
Once at the airport, the motorcoach will make stops at all four quadrants as needed (gates 1-29, 30-59, 60-99, 100-129).
- If you have a My Disney Experience account through which you made your Disney Resort hotel reservation, you may view your pickup time and location as early as 2 days prior to your arrival at Walt Disney World Resort.
- Guests who did not reserve Disney’s Magical Express prior to arriving can still take advantage of the service for their return trip by calling the Disney’s Magical Express Service Center at 866-599-0951 to book their return transportation to the Orlando International Airport.
- Guests who changed their resort during their stay or extended/shorten their stay at Walt Disney World must contact the Disney’s Magical Express Service Center at 866-599-0951 before their return date.
- Car seats must be stowed underneath the motorcoach. Children can sit on an adult’s lap or occupy their own seat.
- Motorcoaches can accommodate wheelchairs, but guests should indicate at the time of your booking that you will be traveling with a wheelchair. Magical Express does not provide wheelchairs and arranges for wheelchair assistance upon arrival, or departure should be made directly with your individual airlines.
- Guests must be 12 or older to travel unaccompanied on Disney’s Magical Express.
- No pets may be allowed to ride on the Disney’s Magical Express motor coaches. The only animals allowed on Disney’s Magical Express with their owners are service animals.
For more information, visit the Disney’s Magical Express FAQ section at www.disney.go.com
Visit our Resort Airline Check-In page for information on using this service at your resort.