August 31 – November 13, 2017
Epcot International Food and Wine Festival
This annual event transforms Epcot into a food and wine lover’s paradise! Try delicious foods, wines and beers from around the world at special marketplaces set up throughout World Showcase.
Growing in scope as one of America’s top food festivals each year since 1996, the Epcot festival, which is being held for an unprecedented 75 days will feature inspired sips and bites throughout the park’s World Showcase and Future World. Guests will have a chance to mix and mingle with celebrity chefs, experience hands-on culinary workshops and demonstrations at the Festival Center, and get their gourmet groove on at nightly Eat to the Beat concerts. You won’t want to miss it!
Epcot Food and Wine Festival Overview
2017 Epcot Food & Wine Festival Info
New for 2017 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival
The Epcot International Food and Wine Festival is slated to run for 75 days this year! That’s 13 extra days longer than before. The 2017 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival will take place from August 31 through November 13, 2017.
New Marketplaces and Menu Items – New marketplaces will appear including Active Eats, Coastal Eats, Flavors from Fire, Light Lab, and The Almond Orchard Hosted by Blue Diamond Almond Breeze. In addition, India (2009) and Spain (2010) marketplaces will return for an encore. For a third year, global marketplaces will extend into Future World to offer brand-new taste sensations. Disney chefs are in the kitchen whipping up delicious new bites like the Madras Red Curry vegetarian dish and Pistachio Cardamom Bundt Cake to be on the menu at the India marketplace. At the Spain marketplace, delectable Charcuterie in a cone promises to be a guest favorite.
Celebrity Chefs – Appearing for the first time during the festival are Chad Johnson, Daniella Malfitano, Jet Tila, Kim Yelvington, Shaun O’Neale, Stephanie Hersh, and Stuart O’Keeffe. They will join longtime favorites Art Smith, Robert Irvine, Cat Cora, Buddy Valastro and Jamie Deen.
New Eat to the Beat acts –The stars are out… and lighting up the stage! New additions to the Eat to the Beat Concert Series include The Hooters, Baha Men, Lauren Alaina, Mark Wills, American Authors, The Devon Allman Band, Postmodern Jukebox, 10,000 Maniacs, Kenny G, Blue October, and Squeeze. Returning favorites include Sugar Ray, Boyz II Men and Hanson. See the complete line-up on our Eat to the Beat Concert page.
“The Chew” Returns – The five co-hosts of of the ABC daytime show, “The Chew”, Mario Batali, Michael Symon, Carla Hall, Clinton Kelly and Daphne Oz, will be returning to record five shows live from the 22nd Epcot International Food and Wine Festival. The show will tape on October 4-6 and will air on ABC from October 9-13. Those looking to attend a taping will be able to find out more information soon.
Festival Welcome Center
The Epcot International Food and Wine Festival begins with the Festival Welcome Center. Located in the former Wonders of Life Pavilion in Future World (between the Universe of Energy Pavilion and Mission: SPACE), the Welcome Center is open daily from 9:00 a.m. until park closing.
Here, guests can enjoy Culinary demonstrations, Beverage seminars and mixology seminars for a nominal fee. Plus, look for Premium Events such as the What’s Cookin’ With…, Beverage Seminars, Cheese Seminars and more. The Welcome Center keeps a list of the famous personalities who will be appearing plus the times of their scheduled book or bottle signings.
And while you’re at the Welcome Center, be sure to check out the free events. See a List of 2017 Free Welcome Center Events
If you don’t have a reservation for an event, but would like to check availability of these different events, visit the check-in desk to see if there is any last minute availability.
The Festival Welcome Center is also the place to pick up Festival keepsakes such as a limited edition Festival pin, cookbook or unique wine. Or, just kick back and relax at the Intermission Cafe, featuring a fine selection of wine, cheese, sandwiches and salads.
Epcot International Food and Wine Festival Marketplace Food Booths
International marketplace food kiosks serve up regional specialties beginning at 11:00 a.m. each day of the festival. Countries feature their most mouthwatering foods and beverages! This year, 35 Marketplaces serve tapas-sized portions which range in cost from about $3 to $8. Each kiosk offers suggested pairings of beer, wine or cocktails.
- To enjoy the shortest lines, get there at opening (11:00 a.m.), before the lunch crowd, and avoid the weekends when the lines can get impossibly long! Typically, the lightest crowds will be Monday through Thursday. To save time, plan your visit by checking out the menus for each kiosk. To save on your feet, remember to pace yourself; it’s 1-1/3 miles around World Showcase, so take it slow and enjoy some of the entertainment offered at individual pavilions in between sampling Marketplace offerings. And, to get the most from your food budget, consider picking a few extra choices and sharing menu items with others in your group.
- A complimentary Marketplace Discovery Passport is available to be stamped at each international marketplace visited for the perfect scrapbook souvenir. Each marketplace has its own unique stamp design. Visit the Festival Welcome Center or ask at the Marketplaces kiosks to receive your Marketplace Discovery Passport. It’s a great way to remember what you ate!
- Pick up a Food & Wine themed mini Disney Gift Card — a fast, easy and secure way to carry your money on your wrist, and simply the best way to experience the Festival. The Disney Gift Card is offered as a convenient mini-sized wristlet, or as a full-sized card. Just load or reload the card with any amount you desire starting with as little as $15 and swipe – you’re spared the trouble of getting out your credit card or cash any time you want to pay for food, merchandise and more. You can reload your card as many times as you wish using cash, credit, or debit at the majority of festival kiosks. Disney Gift Cards are available throughout Epcot. Available Locations include:
- Pin Central
- Festival Center
- Bridge Kiosk East & West
- Festival Marketplace kiosks
- Festival Emporium (Canada pavilion)
- Festival Boutique (Japan and Morocco pavilions)
- Select merchandise locations throughout World Showcase
- Snack your way around the World with Disney Dining Plan Snack Credits! Snack credits can be used to purchase select food items at international Marketplaces around World Showcase during the Epcot Food & Wine Festival. Look for the Disney Dining Plan Snack Symbol to identify snack items available with Disney’s Dining Plan snack credit.
Special Event Booking Information
While much of what the Epcot Food & Wine Festival has to offer is complimentary with your park admission, some events require that you reserve and pay for them in advance. Guests can call 1-800-WDW-FEST (939-3378) to make reservations. Book your events as early as possible! Some popular events sell out within minutes of phone lines opening.
Here is a list of 2017 events:
Epcot International Food and Wine Festival Shopping and Merchandise
Before and after the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival, you can find merchandise that celebrates the annual event. While you’re in the park, visit the Festival Welcome Center, which offers commemorative gifts, specialty kitchen items, a book shop and a wine bar. You’ll also find the official Epcot International Food and Wine Festival Poster at the Festival Center.
The new Epcot International Food and Wine Festival Cookbook has recipes from around the globe including Marketplace favorites and specialty beverages, recipes from culinary demonstrations and Party for the Senses. You can also visit the shops located around World Showcase Promenade for additional Festival merchandise offerings and artisans.
Other Epcot International Food and Wine Festival Highlights
The thrills at the ultimate dining, drinking and music event don’t stop. Discover the many taste adventures that await:
Eat to the Beat! Concert Series
Musical entertainment pairs perfectly with culinary fun during the nightly Eat to the Beat! Concert Series. Enjoy a varied lineup of classic rock, soul, R&B, jazz and funk hit-makers! Concerts are FREE with Epcot park admission and are held at 5:30, 6:45, and 8:00 p.m.! Take a look at the full concert line-up here.
Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon
Run around the parks, dine around the World November 2-5, 2017! Join runDisney for the Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon, which features a brand new challenge and more! Plus runners and their friends will be able to enjoy a private after party at the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival!
Remy’s Ratatouille Hide & Squeak
Everyone will enjoy this scavenger hunt for Remy statuettes hidden around World Showcase. The goal is to help Remy as he ventures around World Showcase collecting ingredients for his signature dish, ratatouille. Use the World Showcase map to locate the statues, mark your location with a sticker, and even receive a prize. You will then use the map to record your discoveries while helping Remy, by placing the corresponding ingredient sticker on the map. To get a glimpse of the scavenger hunt, make sure to read this review on The MFL Blog.
Locations selling map/stickers: Disney Traders, Festival Center, Pin Central, Port of Entry (Plaza Towers) and World Traveler (International Gateway)
Redemption location: Port of Entry (Plaza Towers). Map does not have to be completed to redeem prize.
Theme park admission is not included, however is required to participate. Maps/stickers and surprise available while supplies last. Information subject to restrictions and change without notice.
Other “Foodie” Events Taking Place During the Epcot Food & Wine Festival
• Annual Swan and Dolphin Food & Wine Classic
October 27 & 28, 2017
The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin showcases a passion for food and beverage during the Annual Swan and Dolphin Food & Wine Classic. Elevate your knowledge of wine appreciation in a series of beverage seminars or just enjoy great food as your stroll the Causeway. Live entertainment is included.
The Mouse For Less Tips
- Typically, Epcot park remains open until 10 p.m. on both Friday and Saturday nights during Epcot International Food and Wine Festival. Additionally, IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth moves to an hour later, taking place at 10:00 p.m. rather than 9:00 p.m.
- Parking at Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club Resorts lots will be strictly limited every Friday, Saturday and Sunday during the Epcot International Food and Wine Festival. Only the following guests will be permitted to park during this time period: resort guests, those with confirmed dining, recreation or spa reservations, and guests attending a wedding or convention at Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club Resort.