January 12 – February 19, 2018
The Epcot International Festival of the Arts is returning for its second year. The event celebrates visual, culinary and performing arts inspired from all around the world set against the incomparable backdrop of Epcot. Taking place daily from January 12-February 19, this new festival will feature gallery exhibits, foodie experiences with art-inspired menus, live Broadway-style entertainment and more. The Festival will feature live performances, artist appearances and experiences for art lovers of all ages. The Epcot Festival of the Arts is included with regular Epcot theme park admission.
Guests will be able to experience fantastic works of art. Guests won’t only be surrounded by incredible visions, they’ll also be able to watch the creative process live. Visiting galleries will spotlight artists who infuse their distinctive styles into every brushstroke.
The Featured Exhibits will take place in the Odyssey Festival Showplace. The exhibits are open from 11:00 a.m. until 9:00 p.m.
- Disney’s Iconic Artists
Study pieces that are responsible for creating so many childhood memories.
- Disney-Inspired Original Art
Take home original artwork created by some of Disney’s most beloved artists.
- American Heritage Gallery – American Adventure
Journey through 400 years of African-American achievement.
- Art of Disney – Future World West
Purchase work by popular Disney artists as well as Festival merchandise.
- Bijutsu-kan Gallery – Japan
Delve into the origin and evolution of “kawaii,” Japan’s cute culture.
- Gallery of Arts and History – Morocco
Check out the unique designs of time-honored crafts.
- House of the Whispering Willows – China
Discover the wonders of the new Shanghai Disney Resort.
- Mexico Folk Art Gallery – Mexico
Celebrate the traditions of Día de Muertos.
- Stave Church Gallery – Norway
Observe art representational of the culture that influenced Disney’s Frozen.
- Chalk Gallery – World Showcase
Watch imaginative chalk artists recreate works by famous masters.
Over the course of the Epcot Festival of the Arts, Guests will be able to sign up for and participate in an abundance of interactive workshops and seminars. These workshops and seminars will teach Guests a variety of different skills that range anywhere from calligraphy, to flower arranging, to card making, to cake decorating. Seminars will take place at the Odyssey Festival Showplace. Some seminars are free, others come at a nominal fee.
In the inaugural year of the Epcot International Festival of the Arts, mixed with a collaboration with Disney Theatrical, Guests will be able to experience a showcase of favorite music and Broadway talent to the America Gardens Theatre stage. Guests will be able to enjoy different pairings of phenomenal Broadway talent in concert, performing songs from some of Disney on Broadway’s award-winning shows, including The Lion King, Newsies, and Aladdin. Showtimes are 5:30 p.m., 6:45 p.m. and 8:00 p.m.
January 13-16, 2017 and 20-23, 2017: Ashley Brown and Josh Strickland will perform songs from Disney’s Beauty and the Beast, Tarzan, Mary Poppins and The Little Mermaid
January 27-30, 2017 and February 3-6, 2017: Kerry Butler and Kevin Massey will perform songs from Disney’s Beauty and the Beast, Tarzan, Newsies and Aladdin
February 10-13, 2017 and 17-20, 2017: Kissy Simmons and Alton Fitzgerald White performing songs from Disney’s The Lion King, Aida, Aladdin and The Little Mermaid
Epcot Festival of the Arts Dining Packages
Disney will also offer a Disney on Broadway Concert Series Dining Package to enjoy. Guests can choose from either breakfast, lunch or dinner options. The dining package includes a three-course meal or full buffet and priority seating at the 8:00 p.m. concert at participating Epcot restaurants. Prices will range from $39-$69+ tax for adults, $23-$41+tax for children.
Reserve dining packages by calling (407) WDW-DINE or (407) 939-7463.
Food Studios Marketplace Booths Menus
At the Food Studios kiosks, Guests will be able to enjoy delicious and intricate culinary creations. Marketplaces feature tapas-sized portions, as well as beer, wine and cocktails. Prices average from $4 – $8 per dish. Many of the marketplace menu items will be available for snack credits on the Disney Dining Plan.
For the full list of menus, take a look at our Food Studios kiosks menus page.
Commemorate your visit with artwork and colorful gift items. It’s the perfect way to make your memories last forever.
First, there will be artists representing Disney and visiting galleries who will assemble during the course of the Festival to demonstrate their skills while exhibiting original art, providing a unique experience for collectors as well as Disney enthusiasts to meet and greet the artists, purchase original pieces and watch creativity come to life on the spot! One-of-a-kind “art on demand” as well as original paintings and reproductions will be available at the Art of Disney and throughout the park.
In addition, you can stop by locations throughout World Showcase and Future World Plaza for special merchandise featuring the Festival’s logo—from mugs to tee shirts, totes and more.
Festival Merchandise Locations
- Art of Disney (Future World West)
- Mouse Gear (Future World East)
- World Traveler
More Epcot International Festival of the Arts Fun
In addition, Future World Plaza will also be filled with unique live performances including Living Statues, performances by Central Florida high schools and university and college talent appearing through a partnership with Disney Performing Arts.
Figment’s Brush with the Masters Scavenger Hunt
Can you find Figment? Search for clues that lead to the elusive little dragon—leave no painting in World Showcase unturned! Purchase a World Showcase map and stickers at Pin Central, Disney Traders or World Traveler. Visit each country’s pavilion in the World Showcase to find artwork in a Figment-themed frame, then locate the popular purple dragon within the picture. Once you’ve found Figment, simply attach the corresponding location sticker to the correct pavilion on your map. Turn in your completed map at Disney Traders for an artsy surprise!
With unique and artistically-inclined photo ops throughout the park, Guests will be able to Cross the Delaware with George Washington, scream along with Edvard Munch and flash your best Mona Lisa smile at immersive photo stops that let you “step into” some of the most-admired artwork from around the world. These photo opportunities will be located throughout World Showcase.
Experience the magic of Disney animation at this fun and informative drawing class taught by actual Disney artists.
Interactive Wall Mural
Head over to the World Showcase Plaza to watch creativity come alive as Disney artists create a giant mural—or grab a paintbrush and join the fun!
Kidcot Fun Stops
Create a one-of-a-kind masterpiece all around World Showcase!
World Showcase: Destinations Discovered Tour
Immerse yourself in the architecture, culture food and history of 11 countries throughout World Showcase with this tour.
Guests will be able to experience more at the festival, including hands-on experiences for the whole family, seminars, and favorite Disney characters channeling their favorite artists.
Mouse For Less Tips
- To enjoy the shortest lines, get there at World Showcase opening (11:00 a.m.), before the lunch crowd. To save time, plan your visit by checking out the menus for each kiosk. To save on your feet, remember to pace yourself; it’s 1-1/3 miles around World Showcase, so take it slow and enjoy some of the entertainment offered at individual pavilions in between sampling Marketplace offerings. And, to get the most from your food budget, consider picking a few extra choices and sharing menu items with others in your group.
- A complimentary Festival Passport is available to help you plan your trip. Each marketplace has its own unique sticker design. Visit the Festival Welcome Center or ask at the Food Studios to receive your Festival Passport. It’s a great way to remember what you ate!
- Pick up a Epcot Festival of the Arts themed mini Disney Gift Card — a fast, easy and secure way to carry your money on your wrist, and simply the best way to experience the Festival. The Disney Gift Card is offered as a convenient mini-sized wristlet, or as a full-sized card. Just load or reload the card with any amount you desire starting with as little as $15 and swipe – you’re spared the trouble of getting out your credit card or cash any time you want to pay for food, merchandise and more. You can reload your card as many times as you wish using cash, credit, or debit at the majority of festival kiosks. Disney Gift Cards are available throughout Epcot.
- Snack your way around the World with Disney Dining Plan Snack Credits! Snack credits can be used to purchase select food items at Food Studios around World Showcase during the Epcot Festival of the Arts. Look for the Disney Dining Plan Snack Symbol to identify snack items available with Disney’s Dining Plan snack credit.
- Throughout the festival, you’ll find large pieces of art that you can jump into and get your picture taken in. Examples include the ability to pose as the Mona Lisa or in The Scream. Make sure to share these on social media!
- Make sure to stop by the many different character stops around World Showcase. Each one features artwork sketches of that particular character.
- Some Disney PhotoPass photographers have special Epcot Festival of the Arts frames that you can get your photograph taken with.
- There is an official hashtag for the event. Make sure to tag all social posts with #ArtfulEpcot.
Special thanks to The Mouse For Less Bloggger Ginamarie Palmeri-Marcik for many of the photos.