Saint Patrick's Day Events at Disney World
March 17, 2015
What better place to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day at Walt Disney World than Raglan Road at Downtown Disney? If you’ve been, you know you’re always part of the entertainment at the pub and restaurant but Saint Patrick's Day is special. Raglan Roadhosts a ceili, which is a fancy way to say a big Irish party with music and dance. Authentic Irish food, music and dance performances set the scene for a St. Patrick’s Day celebration and the “wearin’ of the green” at Raglan Road, a true Irish pub with Dublin roots, and throughout the surrounding Downtown Disney area. Along with Irish dancing, there's fun for all the family including face painting, stilt walkers, competitions & giveaways and lots of crazy St Patrick’s Day memorabilia.
Pick up a Mighty St. Patrick’s Passport to find out what’s on the menu at Downtown Disney restaurants during the Mighty St. Patrick's Day Festival. And be sure to tag your photos with #MightyFestival to spread the Irish fun.
You'll also want to stop by the Rose and Crown Pub in the UK pavilion at Epcot on St. Patrick's Day for some green beer or cider. Be forewarned, however, that on St. Patrick's Day the lines at the pub and the outdoor beer tap can be very long.
In the Magic Kingdom, stop by Le Chapeau (or hat shops in Downtown Disney or Disney's Hollywood Studios) for the perfect pair of St Patrick's Day mickey ears!
Saint Patrick's Day-themed treats such as cookies, caramel apples, cupcakes and more can be found at bakeries and candy shops throughout the Walt Disney World Resort.
2015 information will be added as it becomes available
2014 St. Patrick's Day Info
March 7 - 17, 2014
From March 7 through March 17, 2014, throughout the Downtown Disney area follow the shamrocks as they take you on an Irish history lesson. Learn about The Cliffs of Moore and Blarney Castle or Galway Bay and The Rock of Cashel. And, as you're picking up some fun facts about famous landmarks, your ears just may lead you you to the sounds of Nova Celtic. Be on the lookout for many other magical experiences at Downtown Disney, like living statues and tattoo artists. There’s even an Irish storyteller ready to regale you with a trio of tales: the story of St. Patrick, "The Salmon of Knowledge" and "Tír na nÓg."
Also during the Mighty St. Patrick’s Festival at Downtown Disney, talented chalk artists will transform the sidewalks—in tribute to the upcoming release of Muppets Most Wanted. And, the fun doesn’t end there! Guests of all ages are invited to The Mighty Family Zone on Downtown Disney's West Side, where you can capture the memory forever during a photo opportunity with Kermit, learn how to draw everyone’s favorite frog, take part in games and DJ dance parties, and more. Plus, be on the lookout for screenings of The Muppets at AMC Downtown Disney 24 Dine-In Theatres—one that includes a 7-minute sneak peak of the upcoming film Muppets Most Wanted, in theaters March 21, 2014!
Mighty Festival St. Patrick's Week at Ragland Road
Ragland Road is gearing up for an incredible festival jam packed with brilliant Irish talent. Guests can embrace their inner Irish and celebrate the longest, largest and most authentic St. Patrick's Day event in town at Raglan Road. Live Irish music by top bands and dancers on multiple stages, a mighty selection of beers and authentic cuisine by Irish celebrity chef Kevin Dundon headline a spirited celebration dubbed the Mighty Festival which runs from run from 4 p.m. until 1am March 7th–14th and from noon until 1 a.m., March 15th–17th.
On Monday, February 17th, St. Patrick’s Day, guests will be seated at Raglan Road on a first-come, first-served basis with a cover charge of $10 for each guest age 18 and older. No Reservations are needed or accepted. Reservations can be booked for other festival days by calling 407/938-0300.
Plus, on March 12 - 13, Master Chef Kevin Dundon will be hosting his annual St. Patrick’s Festival Luncheon & Culinary Demo. Guests can enjoy a live demonstration from the award - winning Chef, with dishes that honor the best of modern Irish cuisine in the beautiful setting of the Grand Room. As part of the Mighty St Patrick's Festival celebrations Kevin will also host a very special Signature Dinner and Wine Event on March 13, 2014 at 6.30pm. that includes an amazing 5 course dinner & wine pairings, plus the unveiling of the Raglan Road Cookbook. Raglan Road special event reservations can be booked by calling 407/938-0300.
Beginning March 7th and culminating March 17th, events will feature:
- Performances by The Willis Clan, 3 Dollar Band (March 14-17), We Banjo 3 (March 7 - 9 and March 15 - 17), Goitse (March 11 – 17), The Raglan Rebels, The Brayzen Heads and Raglan Road house band Creel.
- World–famous U2 tribute band Elevation, playing March 15th and 17th.
- The Raglan Road Dancers, seven full–time champion dancers, performing daily. Watch for them as they roamabout the Downtown Disney area in search of all-new audiences. Keep your eyes peeled for one of their 15-minute pop-up performances!
- Renowned Irish dancer and choreographer Ronan McCormack of the original Riverdance cast, leading Irish Dance Workshops From Roots to Riverdance from March 15 to March 17.
- Céilí traditional music and structured set–dancing event, during which host Ronan McCormack invites guest participation.
You can see the complete entertainment line-up for Raglan Road with dates and times on their web site.
Irish Food & Beverage Throughout Downtown Disney
St. Patrick's Day festival specials will be served at the following Downtown Disney locations:
- Raglan Road Irish Pub and Restaurant – Featuring 4 bars where you can imbibe on Irish, European and American beers and tour a menu of modern cuisine from Master Chef Kevin Dundon with traditional Irish dishes such as loin of bacon and cabbage. The restaurant’s Cooke’s of Dublin counter-service eatery will offer Irish favorites like fish and chips, battered sausages and deep-fried candy bars. And be sure to keep a lookout for Raglan Road pop-up locations scattered throughout the Downtown Disney area!
- Paradiso 37 - Featuring popular treats and Irish cocktails, like the large-and-in-charge specialty beverage known as The Giant Leprechaun.
- Planet Hollywood - Add some glitz and glamour to your St. Patrick’s Day during a celebration brought to you by Planet Hollywood, featuring festive options and select specialty drinks.
- Bongos - This Cuban café will include Havana-inspired offerings you won’t find elsewhere.
- T-Rex - Offering a prehistoric celebration of all things Gaelic with featured food items and specialty beverages like the Candy Apple Cotton-Tini.
- Portobello - Enjoy a Fiddler’s Dream—mixed with Jameson honey simple syrup, Fever Tree ginger beer and a splash of lemonade.
- Wolfgang Puck Café - Staff will be kicking off the festivities with Shamrock Martinis, mixed with Midori, green crème de mint, ice cream and a chocolate swirl!
- Food Trucks - Explore unique food options like Fisherman’s Pie, as brought to you by World Showcase of Flavors, Fantasy Fair, Namaste Café and Superstar Catering. Each truck even has St. Patrick’s-themed cupcakes available, complete with shamrock sprinkles.
- Forty Thirst Street - Drop by this popular stop where you can fill up your mug with delicious Irish Coffee (get a free sample during event hours!).
*All menu items are subject to change without notice.Top